Asking for a little help for a new grower

• Thread starter HeyMac08
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeyMac08

HeyMac08

Hi everyone! So background on me - this quarantine/social distancing thing has got me stir crazy, so I’ve decided to try my luck in growing a few outdoor plants. This is pretty much my first time growing anything, ever.

I live in the SF/Bay Area in NorCal and picked up 3 clones yesterday evening from Harborside: Blue Dream, Strawberry Banana and Do-Si-Dos. I transplanted them into solo cups (holes in the bottom) with Happy Frog soil, then watered them with Aquafina bottled water (closest thing I could find to 5.8 pH).

Right now, there is only about 13 hours of sunlight in a day here, so I kept them under about 4,000 kelvin LED lights in the bathroom for part of the night last night to try to get their exposure to 18/6, probably down from the 24hr light they had at the dispensary.

I planned on putting them in the shade outside today to get used to the outdoors and start the hardening off process, but it’s currently 58 with a high of 64 today, supposed to be cloudy all day :( For the meantime, I put them on a table outside to get some fresh air, just need to make sure the sun doesn’t magically come out to beat directly on them since the table isn’t in the shade.

Now for the questions-

I understand having them in cloudy weather is better than indoors light-wise, but is the current temperature okay for clones that I transplanted literally 14 hours ago?

My pH meter hasn’t come in the mail yet, so I had been researching pH of waters I could get in the store. Aquafina ranged from 5.4 - 6.0 from all the sites I looked at. Is this water okay? Does it make sense to even go as high as 7? Eventually, I’d like to transplant the plants in a big pots (after they grow out of the solo cups) outside and use a hose or irrigation to water it, but my tap water is 9+ pH.... will that ever be okay or how does one water their plants outside if their tap water pH is not ideal?

As far as lights go, I don’t have a proper set up to make up for the 5 hours of darkness (hence why I used the white bathroom lights since it was the brightest and whitest light in the house I could find). What kind of light should I purchase to make up for the lost light? If I plan to have these little buggers outside and it’s still short days, how can I set up a way for them to get more light?

If you have any suggestions on how I can better improve what I have set up now, I would absolutely appreciate the feedback.

Thank you so much in advance for your help with this! :)

Asking for a little help for a new grower
Asking for a little help for a new grower 2
Asking for a little help for a new grower 3
Reactions: Ina
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
first Off welcome to the farm the only way to give the cuttings the required hrs of 18/ 6 to get them ready just buy the stuff to do it you can buy small tent set up as small veg area to later crop outdoors .it like you have put the horse behind the cart , to grow you need to get set up first then get your cuttings .

Reactions: Ina
caligirl

caligirl

Hopefully you are taking advantage of the sunny days. Im just north of bay area. Add a couple hours of light in addition to sun and feed like crazy. Transplant when necessary. Ive been growing for a long time and last year grew dosido for the first time. Impeccable bud formation. Good luck, will be worth your efforts. And prune the hell out of blue dream or you will have too many branches of small, pain-in-the-ass to trim buds.

Matour420

Matour420

Humidity cover them with a bottle or what ever you got, in this stage they need humidity around 60-70, do not water often. And you'll be fine, Good luck happy grow.

Top Bottom