Assistance With Pale, Slow Growth, Red Stems - Coco/perlite - Gh Cocotek Nutrients

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

Hello, trying out GH cocotek line and I'm getting these issues, see images!

Coco/Perlite @ 75/25 (all new)
PH 5.8 - 6.3
Nutrients are GH CocoTek A+B Grow @ 7.5 ml
Well Water, intial 0.3 EC

They have been given a tea once (caps) and some 3-0-2 Fish fertilizer.
I also did add some botanicare calmg @ 2ml/gal twice.

Thoughts?

Assistance with pale slow growth red stems   cocoperlite   gh cocotek nutrients
Assistance with pale slow growth red stems   cocoperlite   gh cocotek nutrients 2
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The wifi cut I have been running for a few years will do the woody red stem if under fed, overwater, too cold or rootbound . What size pots are those in? They look way too large for the plant size. Have they recently been transplanted. I'm guessing roots are drowning but could be a multitude of causes. Too cold when lights off ?

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter

PH 5.8 - 6.3

Thoughts?

Probably just a PH problem or they are to cold. Check your runoff PH next watering. Are you using RO water?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree that they look too cold. But I wouldn't be too worried about those purple stems, it looks like the whole plant has that coloration, not just the petioles. The plants I've run that have that through the whole plant aren't deficient, it's just how they look. Some of those plants pictured look *just* like the BoG LSD I ran last year, damn near. And she was one of my best producers.

BCrocker

BCrocker

They kinda have that veg under t5 and switched to hps recently look. What kind of lighting and what is total ec after mixing fert.?

These were transplanted from 1 gals to 7 gals a week ago. They are under 600w mh and some 1000w mh
Total EC is 1.3 to 1.5

do the reddish stems feel hard, almost stick like? and how often are you watering?

They aren't woody or hard, I've had strains like that though. These are only getting watered about every 3-4 days now since they aren't drinking much.

The wifi cut I have been running for a few years will do the woody red stem if under fed, overwater, too cold or rootbound . What size pots are those in? They look way too large for the plant size. Have they recently been transplanted. I'm guessing roots are drowning but could be a multitude of causes. Too cold when lights off ?

7 gal pots. I've done 1's to 7's many times without this issue. They just don't get watered all the way through until the roots are poking out the bottom.

The lights off temperature hasn't been below 73F

Probably just a PH problem or they are to cold. Check your runoff PH next watering. Are you using RO water?

I wil check the runoff PH and see if I can correct it. These were not fed with RO water, just filtered Well Water, 0.3 EC start. I'm not sure what the 0.3 EC consists of. RO was just hooked back up yesterday.

I agree that they look too cold. But I wouldn't be too worried about those purple stems, it looks like the whole plant has that coloration, not just the petioles. The plants I've run that have that through the whole plant aren't deficient, it's just how they look. Some of those plants pictured look *just* like the BoG LSD I ran last year, damn near. And she was one of my best producers.

I have some of the exact strain and batch in promix HP/castings combo and they are a nice darker green without any redding on the stems. So I think it's something to do with the coco or the pH did get way way off some how. :\

Thanks for all the replies!

I'm wondering if I even need to use a CalMG product with this GH CocoTek line... I'm almost thinking to switch back to the 3 part.

I will check the run off pH first.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I collected run off from three different tables as they are all sloped and have a drain at the end.

The run off Ph on the healthiest table was 5.6

The two tables with the paler plants was 6.0 and 6.0. Slurry test on these was 0.4 EC. Run off EC was 2.0

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting, I really would have assumed the plants at pH 6.0 would be the healthiest.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Interesting, I really would have assumed the plants at pH 6.0 would be the healthiest.

Hi good to see you here! I haven't posted in quite some time. I look at some of my old photos/threads and I want those stalks and growth back! I ditched the Canna line because of costs, did the 6/9 for a while with decent results. I had a huge mite problem, then a gnat problem, and finally got it back in check. Having a staggered stage room and bugs is just not fun. Now I'm trying this GH Coco line, I'll see how it goes!

ClassV

ClassV

I'm running the Cocotek right now with well water at 0.05 EC, and have had to supplement calcium during veg on two light feeders. With your well water EC being at 0.3 your situation might be different. Have you had the well water analyzed?

BCrocker

BCrocker

I'm running the Cocotek right now with well water at 0.05 EC, and have had to supplement calcium during veg on two light feeders. With your well water EC being at 0.3 your situation might be different. Have you had the well water analyzed?

I have now got the RO working working again so I will be supplementing a bit of Calmg.

Have you gone higher than the 7.5/7.5 for bloom? What else have you added in flower with this line?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have not run Coco-tek for years now. When I did run it I had to rinse it real good and pre-charge it for it to work .

ClassV

ClassV

I have now got the RO working working again so I will be supplementing a bit of Calmg.

Have you gone higher than the 7.5/7.5 for bloom? What else have you added in flower with this line?

Not even close to 7.5 for me. I've been feeding at 3ml/Gal with some Calmag and Rapid Start. I pushed em once to see where it would lead, got some tip burn and backed off. The EC of my solution is about 0.7, and the girls I'm running have not asked for more yet. Every once in a while I splash in something for Silica or Fulvic/Humic as an additive, but mostly I am relying on the base nutes.

The Girls seem happy so far. Just started the second week of bloom, and in following the GH schedule for CocoTek, I'm using all four bottles this week. Then it's straight Bloom A and B. Hope it works out for you!

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Thoughts?
I did notice this post is a mth old now, and hopefully you got it figured...but want to comment as I had plants looking EXACTLY like this(like shit) just recently. First time in over a decade.
I was dickin' around with "coco specific" ratios and well....What fixed them was going back to GH 3part @ about 1200-1300ppm and/or Lucas at the same....6-6.2ph. Flush it thru...like 100% runoff, or more. Use a wetter like yucca(best) or sm90(don't need much, like .2ml/ltr)...Humic at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and a B1 at full dose.....and the GH Bio Root sure is a decent additive(half strength again)
Ditch the CalMag products, seriously. Use a bit of epsom here and there...but everytime I've tried those specific products, things head south.
I am under the big lots tho...less light, do the same, but about 850-900ppm should do it.
Temps low 80's...RH 50-60% if you can. Then wait. Make sure to dry them down so the roots really go searchin'
Foliar once with yucca and a high quality seaweed

P

Pimples

I did notice this post is a mth old now, and hopefully you got it figured...but want to comment as I had plants looking EXACTLY like this(like shit) just recently. First time in over a decade.
I was dickin' around with "coco specific" ratios and well....What fixed them was going back to GH 3part @ about 1200-1300ppm and/or Lucas at the same....6-6.2ph. Flush it thru...like 100% runoff, or more. Use a wetter like yucca(best) or sm90(don't need much, like .2ml/ltr)...Humic at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and a B1 at full dose.....and the GH Bio Root sure is a decent additive(half strength again)
Ditch the CalMag products, seriously. Use a bit of epsom here and there...but everytime I've tried those specific products, things head south.
I am under the big lots tho...less light, do the same, but about 850-900ppm should do it.
Temps low 80's...RH 50-60% if you can. Then wait. Make sure to dry them down so the roots really go searchin'
Foliar once with yucca and a high quality seaweed
This is spot on

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

PH 5.8 - 6.3

Thoughts?

Do you add the A nutes, mix the water
Add the B nutes, mix the water
Then add your other nutes?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Imo letting the ph drift so much is asking for trouble unless your flipping. The chlorosis in the leaves is definitely a mg deficiency. The plant cant produce chlorophyll properly. 2mg per gl is way too little, especially when growing in coco. The humic acid and fulvic acids chelates whatever nutrients are locked in the medium thats why you see immediate benefits. Flush lightly and up the cal mag to 5mg per gl or add 2.5 per gl of epsom salts. Best of luck to you.

P

Pimples

Yeah magnesium. I would go with epsom....or mag sulphate. You probably got plenty of calcium and iron and if using humics and fulvics your iron is getting shuttled into the plant much more easily. With coco coir ive found mag to be a problem in some varieties especially when first transplanting to fresh coir. You have to fill that "bank" up before the coco stops exchanging calcium and mag for releasing all that potassium. You can actually see the cal amd mag on top of the pots. The coir particles that are slightly white or gray....thats calcium and or magnesium that the medium clings onto that in any other medium would be more water soluble and readily available to the root zone.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Cocotek is LOADED with calcium and magnesium. Plus loaded up with iron with 2 forms of chelation agents. Unless using r.o. water (even then ?) It should not need any outside cal product if your rooms environment is on point.

Top Bottom