• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
So where and what does everyone store their seeds in?
Do you freeze or refrigerate? Do you store em room temp ?

Lets see em folks this is mine I got this box from a table at a quincenera I store in my fridge in bags with a ton of silica packs then i place the box in anoter bag

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
20160830 194657
i used to use the bear but soon outgrew it . this is the main box now ie long term storage the bear is for what i plan to pop next.
20160830 195046
20160830 194859

str8smokn

str8smokn

I've tried the freezer and had horrible germ rates. As in 0% it seemed like.
So I keep mine at room temp (70's*) in plastic cases with some rice. But will be removing the rice for silica packs. Due to everyone saying rice is not good.
I'm still building though.
STR8

G gnome

G gnome

I've tried the freezer and had horrible germ rates. As in 0% it seemed like.
So I keep mine at room temp (70's*) in plastic cases with some rice. But will be removing the rice for silica packs. Due to everyone saying rice is not good.
View attachment 630009 I'm still building though.
STR8
Damn str8!!!! Thats a lotta seeds man....

They're no good for collecting.
They aint baseball cards ppl haha

str8smokn

str8smokn

@G gnome
Oh ,No ...I'm about to start Crackin these bitchs real soon .
I've been waiting for this....
I had 2 lrg donors offer up the majority of these. And now it's time to show what they/I can do..

I will not delete post!:greyalien:
STR8

G gnome

G gnome

@G gnome
Oh ,No ...I'm about to start Crackin these bitchs real soon .
I've been waiting for this....
I had 2 lrg donors offer up the majority of these. And now it's time to show what they/I can do..

I will not delete post!:greyalien:
STR8
I took a screen shot of that post!!!!

Go get em tiger!!!!

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Damn, you guys pale my vaults current state. Vacuum sealed with desacant packs in fridge just for seeds set not too cool.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Long term storage (5+ years) I use a freezer. Otherwise figeration is optimal for seeds you don't plan to pop in the next two years. I bought a mini fridge to put in my grow room after my collection took up a full shelf in the freezer.

Freshone

Freshone

Damn str8!!!! Thats a lotta seeds man....

They're no good for collecting.
They aint baseball cards ppl haha
My bro in law has this crazy collection but he can't grow for shit,lol.seeds are worthless unless you grow them.
I keep mine in am old file safe,insulated,fireproof and pretty constant temp and humidity.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

One of the more common ways to store seeds is to refrigerate them. Seeds are best preserved at 32-41 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the normal temperature inside a household refrigerator. These fridges are also usually moist, so you will need to protect the seeds from moisture by either sealing them in a container or using something to absorb the moisture

Adding powdered milk or diatomaceous earth (food grade) can be done as well. Powdered milk absorbs about twice its volume in water and can be added at a 1:1 ratio (by volume) with seeds. Diatomaceous earth absorbs up to 20x its volume in water and can be added in smaller amounts for the same results. Powdered milk is available in most grocery stores while diatomaceous earth can be purchased at any farm or feed and grain store and online. Both are low cost and usually sold by the pound.

They are best used by putting a quantity of seeds into a pouch made of porous cloth such as cheese cloth or burlap and placing it into a container filled with powdered milk or diatomaceous earth. This makes it easier to get the seeds out and to change out the powder when required. Powdered milk should be swapped every six months while diatomaceous earth can last a year or more (it doesn’t “go bad”).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom