ATAMI BLOOMBASTIC!!! NAH NAH NAAAAAHHHHH! <- kind of a batman noise!

• Thread starter devilh212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
has anyone noticed this aftertaste rumour some people claim to get?

Ya know, not with this product, but I do find that a lot of the commercial grows using bulk salts produce weed albeit often Dank as hell that all has an element of similarity in flavor and aroma.

outwest

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

http://phosphoruspentoxide.net/phosphorus_pentoxide_msds.html

"May release toxic and irritating fumes upon thermal decomposition". Naaa not for me,, HMMMM think any of that might be in the buds. lol Well I guess we could just eat them like a tomato and be safe.. lol anyone smoke a tomato or any other high water content fruit lately? Be safe guys, later.. holy sheepshit robin I just seen Biron get hit by the bat mobile.. Biron use to be a friend of mine back in the day lol... Again guys don't take what I say as criticizing or anything, props... I just have to say it like I see it in good conscience, the rest is in your hands...

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Just asked Squiggly his opinion on that ingredient, here is what he replied:

squiggly Well-Known Farmer

azmmjadvocates said: ↑

What is your take on phosphorus pentoxide? I posted on the bloomtastic thread, I think it's just a gimic ingredient basically a super concentrated phosporic acid right? I don't know the ppm's but I't doesn't look as nearly as safe as what we can make, have you heard any rumors of adulteration of the bloombastic?

http://phosphoruspentoxide.net/index.html

It is nothing but anhydrous phosphoric acid. It reacts violently with water, and can cause SEVERE chemical burns. Particulate matter can destroy mucous membranes including your mouth, sinuses, esophagus, wind pipe, and eyes.

It's nothing I would recommend that any farmer use for any reason. It's just not safe without proper training. Phosphoric acid is bad enough by itself, just stick to that. end.

Another question that comes to mind, is it looks like it's in a metal container? Phosporic acid is also listed in the indgredients, If it has any significant amount, and was not a gimmick lable filler chemical why would an acid be in a metal container ? This doesn't sound to stable of a booster to me, and I think (should ask squiggly) that ions wold be an issue from that metal and acid.

I see more red flags, you sure it's this stuff that gives you those rock hard buds???? Sounds allll to familliar.. just what do you think those guys who get their products pulled do??? Give up?? or just slap on another label like with bath salts..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I often see what growers are doing in the salt fert world with bloom boosts and supplements, and look for organic equivalents. What's kinda nice is that someone out there has answered just about every question I ask. All in all they are gimmicks nonetheless, but their organic and effective gimmicks that produce rock hard buds.

outwest

devilh212

devilh212

Just asked Squiggly his opinion on that ingredient, here is what he replied:

squiggly Well-Known Farmer

azmmjadvocates said: ↑

What is your take on phosphorus pentoxide? I posted on the bloomtastic thread, I think it's just a gimic ingredient basically a super concentrated phosporic acid right? I don't know the ppm's but I't doesn't look as nearly as safe as what we can make, have you heard any rumors of adulteration of the bloombastic?

http://phosphoruspentoxide.net/index.html

It is nothing but anhydrous phosphoric acid. It reacts violently with water, and can cause SEVERE chemical burns. Particulate matter can destroy mucous membranes including your mouth, sinuses, esophagus, wind pipe, and eyes.

It's nothing I would recommend that any farmer use for any reason. It's just not safe without proper training. Phosphoric acid is bad enough by itself, just stick to that. end.

Another question that comes to mind, is it looks like it's in a metal container? Phosporic acid is also listed in the indgredients, If it has any significant amount, and was not a gimmick lable filler chemical why would an acid be in a metal container ? This doesn't sound to stable of a booster to me, and I think (should ask squiggly) that ions wold be an issue from that metal and acid.

I see more red flags, you sure it's this stuff that gives you those rock hard buds???? Sounds allll to familliar.. just what do you think those guys who get their products pulled do??? Give up?? or just slap on another label like with bath salts..

i think you are mistaken. the bottle is plastic. after a heavy flush with untreated un phed water, i would hope that no none of this is present in the plant, although i will admit im no doctor and i wouldnt like to make claims about whats safe and whats not. unfortunately even the best stoners can talk complete crap, and alot of the time its just people opinions dressed up with fancy words. there is no reaction with this stuff in water so far for me. else i wouldnt be still using it.

homebrew420

homebrew420

You will get the same results with MKP, mono potassium phosphate. As a general rule I stop using bloom boosters the week before I fluch. The shitty burn quality is generally casues by excess phosphorous. With an increase in Mag sulfate in flush will ensure that you get a clean thorough burn.
I have used this, one or 2 sets of flowers. It worked just as advertised. But with MKP being 1/1000 of the price why would I bother. Just my 2 cents

Peace

T

theTinker

It's clearly a hormone based product, the results are amazing with such little qtys used. Its still got some organic component and i suggest you change it after every 3-5 months of opening. It gets kind of thicker if you dont. Price wise is great, expensive but 1 bottle does a 25 plant grow and makes the cost back on just 1 plant.

Results wise, i love this stuff. I use it at 0.3ml/L W4, 0.6W5, 0.8W6, 1.0W7. 0.5ml/W8.
The results are almost within a couple of days i see a change. It really forces larger denser buds.

From experimenting I found something to watch out for. It makes your buds really dense at 0.8->1.0ml/L. This is all well and great if you have proper sized nugs, but if your buds are still small, and you make them really hard with this stuff, it seems to very quickly inhibit further size growth. Its like they've become so hard that they can really expand easily enough. It makes sense to me but it was unexpected.

Taste and smell are very sweet with this in use, the nugs do smell alot like the contents of the bottle but sweeter. I like this taste and so do my friends so this is good for me.
Perhaps if u like a flavour of a strain, it wouldnt be so great to use this as it would easily mask natural flavours.

devilh212

devilh212

It's clearly a hormone based product, the results are amazing with such little qtys used. Its still got some organic component and i suggest you change it after every 3-5 months of opening. It gets kind of thicker if you dont. Price wise is great, expensive but 1 bottle does a 25 plant grow and makes the cost back on just 1 plant.

Results wise, i love this stuff. I use it at 0.3ml/L W4, 0.6W5, 0.8W6, 1.0W7. 0.5ml/W8.
The results are almost within a couple of days i see a change. It really forces larger denser buds.

From experimenting I found something to watch out for. It makes your buds really dense at 0.8->1.0ml/L. This is all well and great if you have proper sized nugs, but if your buds are still small, and you make them really hard with this stuff, it seems to very quickly inhibit further size growth. Its like they've become so hard that they can really expand easily enough. It makes sense to me but it was unexpected.

Taste and smell are very sweet with this in use, the nugs do smell alot like the contents of the bottle but sweeter. I like this taste and so do my friends so this is good for me.
Perhaps if u like a flavour of a strain, it wouldnt be so great to use this as it would easily mask natural flavours.

i think the strains flavours and such really come out in the cure very strongly as usual. personally mine normally goes before its even got a chance to cure but a mate of mines had a real pong to it which was indicative of the strain he was growing, while using the bastic. this tie around hopefully will have enough to actually cure,

devilh212

devilh212

hello cru, our current scrog has just started its bastic routine at the end of week 2 ... i know rele early, but went from no buds to little buds popping up over night... nuff said, seems to be the same kind of boost you get when adding topshooter to the lot at week 2 for a boost as i know some people do.

devilh212

devilh212

hey guys, right well as of now we are the first day of week 5 and the girls have been having a solid dose of bloombastic since week 2

week 2 .25ml/l
week 3 .50ml/l
week 4 .75ml/l
second feed week 4 1ml/l

they are looking exceptionally good right now :D using it side by side with
h&g a and b 4ml/l
carboload 1ml/l
root stim - first 2 weeks @ 1ml/l
bud xl 1ml/l
cannazyme 2.5 ml/l

might be something else but dont think so at the moment.
if you wanna see pics of the results of this follow the link here

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/posts/991784/

400w hps dual spec, 6 inch cooltube, in coco with 4"rvk

S

Smoody

How about EC? I got one bottle of bloombastic but i've recieved bad feedbacks from very experienced farmers to not use it, becouse is pointless. Does anyone have overfed with bloombastic or does used it sucessfull in higher dose? Im at about 2nd week of flowering so i just wonder can i use it with higher ec, 1.7 ec i fed at this moment, so can i go 2.3-2.4 when using bloombastic, after week four i'll start to use yara kristalon Brown and Yellow 16-51-51 fixing ec to 1.3 + bloombastic untill i fiz it on 2.2? Can someone realy experienced share an opinion ot that. Soil + 50% perlite grow

Last edited:
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Bloombastic is one of the few expensive bloom boosters that are worth the money. I doubt there's anything to sketchy in there, they make a bio version that's not available in the USA. Does anyone have experience with Bio Bloombastic?

S

Smoody

Bloombastic is one of the few expensive bloom boosters that are worth the money. I doubt there's anything to sketchy in there, they make a bio version that's not available in the USA. Does anyone have experience with Bio Bloombastic?
I have made test yesterday and this stuff got no EC value(0.1 at full dose to be honest) wich probably mean it is organic one. This could help u?!?
Any way, if you wait a week i will give feed back about it, i've decided to run with it one of my ladies tommorow at starting of week 3 flowering. I'll start with basic fert 16-51-51 at 1.7EC value and adding Bbastic at half of dosage 0.5ml/litre. If i get burn(hope not) i will notice that in feedback. I've spend hours of reading and i think i get it whats mean. It's a free 60ml bottle i got and i won't throw the bottle away without try it.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I have made test yesterday and this stuff got no EC value(0.1 at full dose to be honest) wich probably mean it is organic one. This could help u?!?
Any way, if you wait a week i will give feed back about it, i've decided to run with it one of my ladies tommorow at starting of week 3 flowering. I'll start with basic fert 16-51-51 at 1.7EC value and adding Bbastic at half of dosage 0.5ml/litre. If i get burn(hope not) i will notice that in feedback. I've spend hours of reading and i think i get it whats mean. It's a free 60ml bottle i got and i won't throw the bottle away without try it.
Yo Smoody how did the Bbastic turn out for u? i also got a free 60ml sample

Prevada 13

Prevada 13

This is H&G AB and 1/2 ml a liter bloombastic in coco

DSC 0043

Prevada13

DSC 0042
T

Thaidude

Density of flowers is obviously strain specific but assuming 2 farmers take identical clones and grow them differently, they will end up with some different characteristics. I did an experiment using the same clone with different mediums and the flowers seemed to match the medium in density. Fox farm ocean forest was the densest, roots organic was the fluffiest. Now, regarding bloombastic. With my strain, I did a side by side study, identical clones, identical feeding, identical medium, 1 with and 1 without Bloombastic.
The plant with the bloombastic was not only denser, but was more coated with diamonds. Stuff works for my sativa dominant plant very well. You can see my strain at inspirationOG.com

Top Bottom