• Thread starter saner1r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i ran it once, one plant in my sog
best yeilder out of 30, but a 10-12 weeker
very very stretchy after flip, foxtail charastics too
its a tricky one to find, grab her and give it a run if ya can, havent seen alot of it around

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

The real deal ATF is a strain that was bred out by a hippie commune in Alaska in the early 90's for the climate. It has ruderalis in it and will flower on you unless you keep her under 24 hours. It is an average yielder and only gets about 3-4 feet tall outdoors. It will turn a dark purple almost a black when flowered in cold conditions. Good luck finding the cut, it is hard to come by. When you find it you will know it. There are a few seed banks that claim to have it in seed form but it isn't the real deal.

S

stonio

Hey - first post but have to point out MTF goes back way earlier than the 90s! I believe I heard of that strain even in the 70s but definitely by the early 80s.

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
kootenais were running atf acrooss the boarder from 89 to 92 tword the end of 90 and the begining of 91 we were getting baches heavely seeded 91 we recieved are last bach cause of this and moved are business west in to the kootenai mountain range we still have the seeds that came in those batches as a matter of fact i plated three last sumer and like Mr good cat said bythe end of september she was a super dark purple she had a strong berry sent she didnt yield like the rest of the plants but she was ok as soon as i get the new location set up il do grow log with the seeds i have left late

kootenai

tèchnìquè

tèchnìquè

gifted this clone of "atf" dont know, seen it turn black and purple indoors, running it outside. buds really look like the La Con posted with the black leaves, bud looks similar as well being purple,green,white,orange hairs

Noname
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

the true ATF cut will have purple pistils outdoors ...

M

MIway

The real deal ATF is a strain that was bred out by a hippie commune in Alaska in the early 90's for the climate. It has ruderalis in it and will flower on you unless you keep her under 24 hours. It is an average yielder and only gets about 3-4 feet tall outdoors. It will turn a dark purple almost a black when flowered in cold conditions. Good luck finding the cut, it is hard to come by. When you find it you will know it. There are a few seed banks that claim to have it in seed form but it isn't the real deal.

Knew some folks that were growing this cut out (indoors)... does it grow like ground cover? Kinda looked like a mess?

B

billybadazz

I've grown ATF for the better part of this decade and with that said that pic doesn't look like the cut I have. ATF is a 60/40 sativa dominant and is a 8 weeker but I like to take it 9. It will not finish out doors unless you force flower it by the end of july(cover my greenhouse with panda film) This strain is definetly not for novice growers as it is finicky as hell and most people run it once or twice and shitcan it. I will tell you it will reward you greatly if you can dial her in with some knock down smoke. It will also make you clean your fuckin fridge out. I have heard that there is an indica dominant pheno although I have never grown that one and thats what yours could be. flower it out and lets see! keep us posted. P.S. It's Matanuska (as in Matansuka Valley out of Wasilla Alaska, don't mean to correct you bro just want the correct info for all)

J

jdtaylor5172

I agree with Billy super hard strain to grow needs lots of nutes i mean i slammed her with nutes and she still wanted more. doesn't like change doesn't like humidity. This is my first grow of ATF but my next will be better. dont let temps reach above 70 and dont let humidity reach above 50% this is a pic of my ATF in 4th week of flower
579369 3765679019665 1207323550 3672879 1724760109 n

B

Bluenote

Matanuska Thunderfuck started as a **colloquial** name for grass from the Matanuska Valley , and since just about every grower from the Kenai north grew something a bit different there's no tracing the genetics for dead certain.

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Got to say so far Ive enjoyed growing it puts out some very fat buds. It is a nute hog for sure next time around Im thinking of just straight IV feeding it !

IMG 3654
Chobble

Chobble

Theres a little bit of confusion around this strain. I currently hold Manatuska Tundra and ATF in my seed collection (and boy do they need to get started, hopefully this summer :D). Anyways I've spent a good time collecting them around California from various reputable sources, one person who got Mr Greenthumbs Mantuska Tundra.

Now the Mantuska Tundra is an indica dominant super skunky early finishing super resinous masterpiece. Not exactly what I want to grow (Due to the smell..) but o well.

The ATF won the High Times Sativa cup I believe. Its a super sativa dominant grown in the glacier waters/soil (Some of the most fertile in the world) for 24 hours a day until quickly flowering in the wayning tundra light.

Those are the stories I know behind the strains...

Chobble

Top Bottom