Attention all outdoor farmers

• Thread starter baron1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

baron1212

What exactly will these 50 deg. night temps do to my plants?just color change,slow growth,Will th buds try to protect themselves and produce resin.Only grown inside never ran into temps this low.

Mogrow

Mogrow

no harm at all baron1212, fact it helps the bud swell. i've gotta go look at might, know they gonna be all swelled up from cool nights and shorter daylight. bwahhhhhhhhhh
peace mogrow

B

baron1212

i actually had a bunch of resin just not very visable under the little light theyre under.Used a 10x mag loop.I couldnt find my 60x i used for years to check on my other grows.Guess ill order one off

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up baron, mo? plants will be fine in temps all the way down to the low 40's or lower even. i run my outdoors in the ne until 2nd 3rd week octo_O....lol

Breeder

Breeder

Once root temps get under around 50¤ phosphorus uptake can be inhibited thus the purple coloring. If it's late flower you should be fine but if you got some time to go you can cover your rootzone to trap heat and if plants become deficient P can be sprayed on the foliage to keep the plants diet balanced. Good luck with your crop

below frigid

below frigid

Just mt opinion but I would not spray anything on the plants this late in the game unless it's some sort of fungicide that is really needed.

K

kolah

No worries. I grow organically (in a unheated greenhouse and outdoors) with nights in the temp range of 34-45. You'll be fine just watch for high RH levels.

K

kolah

i actually had a bunch of resin just not very visable under the little light theyre under.Used a 10x mag loop.I couldnt find my 60x i used for years to check on my other grows.Guess ill order one off

Hit up Radio Shack. For 10 bucks they have a fold-up combo loupe of 5x, 10x and 15x and you can combine them all for a 30x zoom. It's pretty slick and easy to use. I find the 60x too big for checking tris but it's good for looking at bugs and disease. RS also has a 60x-100x which I use for that purpose.

another_sellout

another_sellout

Fifty degrees? I'm in Colorado. Been under fifty for a month at my altitude. You're fine as long as the dew doesn't get too thick and cause mold in the warm days to follow...

Chobble

Chobble

Once root temps get under around 50¤ phosphorus uptake can be inhibited thus the purple coloring. If it's late flower you should be fine but if you got some time to go you can cover your rootzone to trap heat and if plants become deficient P can be sprayed on the foliage to keep the plants diet balanced. Good luck with your crop

I think your science is a little off. With the cannabis plant temperature affects the metabolism not nutrient uptake. The purple color is either Epigenetic or brought on due to cold temperatures breaking down chlorophyll in the plant. Also you should never spray anything on your buds if they're over 4 weeks. Even before that it's questionable.

Hit up Radio Shack. For 10 bucks they have a fold-up combo loupe of 5x, 10x and 15x and you can combine them all for a 30x zoom. It's pretty slick and easy to use. I find the 60x too big for checking tris but it's good for looking at bugs and disease. RS also has a 60x-100x which I use for that purpose.

I use a 15x Jewelers loop works really well. You just need to be able to clearly see the trichomes.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I use a 60-100x loupe and I can see the trichs perfectly clear, but they do look really big and I have to check multiple spots make an accurate assessment.

Agree with Chobble, the purple color is either genetics or when chlorophyll die's and not because of a lack of P uptake.

Where I live its been under 55 F overnight for the past 2 weeks and my plants haven't lost there green yet, but I kinda hope they do turn purple before harvest because it gives the buds great bag appeal.

Good luck on your grow.

Top Bottom