Attention Experience/skilled Growers. How Would You Setup A 5'x10' Room.

• Thread starter outback28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

outback28

Dear all experience growers, if you had to do it all over again, how would you setup a 5x10 room? Im just fishing for ideas. What lights would you use? How many lights? Total number of plants to match light setup. Soil or soil less. What size pot. How long to veg before flipping? I have not setup anything nor have any equipment for the room yet. I have the room ready to go with the exhaust exit out of a basement window. Remember, this isn't about what I would do. This is strictly about you and what setup you would do to a virgin 5x10 room for the best consistency. What has worked for you or what is your current 5x10 room setup. Thanks guys/gals.

N

numbnutts

First thing I'd do is split that room into a 60 40 split. Veg and flower. Fuck, 5 by 10 is a great sized area.
I'd have a 4 by 10 veg area with a shelf for clones and a humidity dome on the shelf. I'd use 2 400 mh lamps in the veg room and 3 600s in the 6 by 10. (I had 2 600s hps lamps , in a 5 by 5 and it was awesome ) I loved having my room but it sucks waiting to start from seed every single time. This time around I'm going perpetual.
Promix myco
10 to 30 gallon smart pots
Biothrive grow and bloom
High nitrogen bat guano
High p and k Peruvian seabird guano
Earthworm castings
Earth juice micronutrients
Everything a plant needs from state to finish.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I rock a 5x10 veg AND a 8x12 flower room.

For your 5x10, either 3x 600 ac hoods, or 2x 1000 ac hoods. I rock 6x big kahuna hoods (3 in each room) and love them only wish they were 8" vs 6". 4 plants under each 600, or 6 plants under each 1000 hood

O

outback28

Hell yea... we got some real growers speaking from real experience. That's what I want to hear. Keep them coming. I would like this thread to help out future growers including myself too get ideas with real world results. Thanks guys!

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

These guys are spot on. All my future build outs will be LED based now that the technology is finally ready to surpass HIDs. That's my 2 cents.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you can find me an hps equivalent led that has the penetration, I'll take 6 or 7 (4x hps, 3x mh). For real, a small initial investment means my I can make up the difference in power bill savings and my ac not running as much, less amp draw vs ballasts. But I'm not paying more than 500 tops for each one. And made in USA would be awesome.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

They are about 1400 at my cost on parts to build and they just don't have the penetration that an HPS has, but if I am not growing trees and I look at the grams per sqFt/Watt growing 3ft plants on trays under LEDs make a lot more money and happier plants.

Under $1k each built yourself is not even feesable yet, it takes 15 months for the LEDs to be more cost effective than DEs, but after that point your margins soar...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Sorry, not gonna work. These are my trees I grow, +1.1gpw every grow with or without out co2. This 1/3rd of my room.

20160707 111735

D

Discretepete

Sorry, not gonna work. These are my trees I grow, +1.1gpw every grow with or without out co2. This 1/3rd of my room.

View attachment 627590
Under 1000$ the amare technologies 450+uvb. Not quite 500$ or less but penetrates deeper than HPS. Has removable lenses you can take on and off to increases intensity/penetration with a tighter light beam or take them off to spread the light a little more. Give the guy an email if your interested, I'm not trying to sell them, I like my Mars and my HPS too. I'm just pointing out what you asked for lol. I'm happy with my purchase so far. 7oz under 300w and I didn't even do SOG or anything, just two plants in a 2x4. Cheese xxl by dinafem. one more in there and it would have been a SOG and if I didn't transplant late it would have matched 1.1 GPW+ and done in 80 days start to finish from seed. dinafem just used my pic on IG and the whole grow documented on another site. Not just blowing smoke lol

D

Discretepete

View attachment 627590
Beautiful garden by the way!!!! Wish I had the surface to really get down like that for now just 52 square feet between three spaces.... Glad winter coming so I'll be able to use them all lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I want to expand again. Double my flower room, +50% in my veg room. Have to move for that to happen.

I'll check out those lights. Winters almost here, dropping 3x600 for 3x1000.

@Discretepete
You have a link to those leds?

Homesteader

Homesteader

If you can find me an hps equivalent led that has the penetration, I'll take 6 or 7 (4x hps, 3x mh). For real, a small initial investment means my I can make up the difference in power bill savings and my ac not running as much, less amp draw vs ballasts. But I'm not paying more than 500 tops for each one. And made in USA would be awesome.

If you are willing to go DIY than Cutter Electronics has one of GrowMau 5 DIY kits for $535.

sixstring

sixstring

you just wont find one @ less than 500 bucks thats worth a shit.but as far as good prebuilt led panels go i think the plc 420 is a damn good 600w hps replacement.and with your low ceilings they would rock.if you email the dude and are getting more than 3 panels i know he will work with you.made in the U.S.A. and built for growing,water resistant ip rated.420w at the wall :)

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'll email today and inquire about a 3 panel test. I'm 2 weeks from flip, so I'll have time to reformat my room. Doubt they have in Stock as its pre-order only now.

sixstring

sixstring

i think hes been sending units out.he doesnt always update the site,i think he is in the trenches building and shipping stuff.def email him and let me know how backed up they are.i buy most of my diy stuff from him and he's super easy to deal with and ships stuff like the same day i order.

D

Discretepete

The amare panels have monochrome diodes surrounding the COB which stands out to me.... They have possibly the highest CRI ratings on the market amaretechnologies.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom