Attention newbs...

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

If your having a defiencey unless you have root rot or your underfeeding/overfeeding the problem is your ph. It's really that simple: Go get a meter and calibrate it real good and get your ph to an acceptable level for your medium and keep it there... start at the lowest acceptable number on your ph scale and let it drift to the highest and then knock it back down to the lowest again. You know your ph is on point and your plants are happy when your leaves feel like oily silk. Happy growing. Also make sure your using quality nutrients. And never add ph up or down to anything without diluting it in water first.

M

Mercenary

The problem isn't always your PH. That is always the #1 thing you should always check though when you have an issue besides "root rot or your underfeeding/overfeeding". The only reason I say this is because I had issues in my 2nd flowering room where my plants specifically needed root excelurator (or something similar).

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup. The Ph is where to start but def not the culprit every time

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Nobody said every time but it is 98% of the time... Why else would your plants be deficient in anything unless it can't take up the minerals?

M

Mercenary

Why else would your plants be deficient in anything unless it can't take up the minerals?

There are in fact specific strains that use more trace mineral/micro nutrients than normal strains. They use more of a specific mineral to acquire a specific genetic trait.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Nobody said every time but it is 98% of the time... Why else would your plants be deficient in anything unless it can't take up the minerals?

Not hatin' just statin'. Checking Ph is a good place to start. No one is taking that away. I agree with you

But its easy.... if you use too much of one nutrient you can in turn lock out another. Doesnt mean you are overfeeding necessarily but maybe using too much of a specific nutrient. Thus causing a deficiency in another. Fairly common problem. Nothing to do with Ph.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Not hatin' just statin'. Checking Ph is a good place to start. No one is taking that away. I agree with you

But its easy.... if you use too much of one nutrient you can in turn lock out another. Doesnt mean you are overfeeding necessarily but maybe using too much of a specific nutrient. Thus causing a deficiency in another. Fairly common problem. Nothing to do with Ph.

You took the words right out of my mouth with the lockouts I was just about to post that until I saw what you just said. To the guy who needed roots excel your mistaken bro if you needed a root stimulant you have other problems at hand. That just helps your roots grow you were going wrong somewhere else... There's a lot of people who don't just shit but dirt and base nutes with no deficency. I did my first crop in dwc with no problems and never used a rooting stimulant. I do use it now though because it works but I could most def get along without it if need be. I know soil and soilless growers who also use no root stimulant with no problems. #just sayin

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey there Mo I have to say I agree with your point. I try all kinds of nutes and different combinations of them all the time. I always make sure my PH is right on before I water. I never have deficiency issues, and my plants look happy as can be.

Leaves on my plants just do not die until the last coule of weeks. I attribute most of this to proper management of PH, using quality nutrients, not going overboard on PPM, and staying mold and bug free.

When my plants have shown issues in the past it was almost always due to my PH meter being off by a point or so. Very important to calibrate your meter weekly or bi-weekly.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey Mo - did you mean for this to be a UC topic?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

hey Mo - did you mean for this to be a UC topic?

No I meant it to go here I kept reading a lot of help me threads that were clearly ph issues so I kinda wanted to help newbs get a place to start when they try to guess what's wrong you know what I mean. I made the post when I was thread surfing the other night :smokejoint:

Top Bottom