Attention scroggers! Have your ever flipped to 12/12 BEFORE putting in your netting??

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Attention Scroggers:
Have you ever flipped to 12/12 before putting in the net?

I have 2 tents but one is currently in drying mode on my previous run. For the next run I have 8 plants that I plan on dividing into both tents for 4 plants per tent, but I can't exactly do that until my harvest is dried.

I don't want to wait another 2 weeks to flip because I would probably end up over growing my 4x4s, but I also can't put in the netting until I split them up into their forever homes.

I could also top them/cut them back to buy some extra time.

Maybe I can put in a net temporarily and then remove it for the split?

What are your thoughts?

Attention scroggers  have your ever flipped to 1212 before putting in your netting
Attention scroggers  have your ever flipped to 1212 before putting in your netting 2
Attention scroggers  have your ever flipped to 1212 before putting in your netting 3
Attention scroggers  have your ever flipped to 1212 before putting in your netting 4
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Right now they are at the stage my previous run was at 5 days before flip. That was 6 plants, 100% filling the net at day 1.

By my calculations, that means that if I flip in 5 days they will fill up approximately 66% each tent (if I could divide them up).

It's looking like I'm going to have another trellis not a scrog. Oh well

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Yes I don't put anything on mine until they are flipped because I have a separate room for veg and flower. Works fine!

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Yes I don't put anything on mine until they are flipped because I have a separate room for veg and flower. Works fine!
Based on your photos It does not look like you're doing a scrog. More like a trellis.
My Issue is I'm height restricted in the tent.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Sorry I did not mean to say that I am doing a scrog myself, just that I believe you probably could do it. You might need to move your plants in and give them a week or two before flip to get a true screen of green. It really isn't something I have the most experience in :)

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Sorry I did not mean to say that I am doing a scrog myself, just that I believe you probably could do it. You might need to move your plants in and give them a week or two before flip to get a true screen of green. It really isn't something I have the most experience in :)
No offense but you really don't seem to understand scrog. You want to fill up the horizontal space by the end of stretch and not a day sooner or you will run out of horizontal space

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

How much does the strain stretch?, and how long are you going to wait?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I read the grow faqs about sea of green and trellising and I think I get the difference now. Thank you for explaining!
You just mentioned trellises. Which is not the same as SCROG

Trellis you let the plant grow vertical and use the net to support the branches.

Scrog you force the plant to grow horizontal and don't let it grow vertical until the very end of stretch. Usually after 2-3 weeks of 12/12

Top Bottom