Attic Grow...sealing Floor.

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all!

Just built a grow room in the attic. Unfortunately, we already nailed tables to floor. Wanted to lay out poly or pond liner in case of water accident, so water doesn't flow to room under attic.

Any recommendations for putting something on the floor to seal it and make it water/leak proof? Tar, lacquer, Flex seal, water proof paint?????

Just tricky to get around the table legs, now that there nailed to the floor.

Thanks guys!

Bannacis

Bannacis

A lot depends on the floor, you can put a sealant on your floor, but if you get enough water to where it runs. it will run towards your walls and leak into them. if its an fairly old wooden floor...it would take a shit load of sealant, for the floor would soak it up. and it wouldn't be a guaranteed leak proof.
plastic or tarp is best route...
How many pots and what size? I once used kiddy pools. about 3 feet round.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

red guard has a sealer for bathrooms,stuff is great,goes on pink ,dry id red leaves a film thats rubber,im sure the house leans one way or the other,put a level on the floor find which way is runoff would go and put you a little drain open into a 1 in pvc pipe ,if it does flow over it will go to the low spot and out the house,you can also do this with a marble,were i live is a lot of houses with crack slabs,they camoflouge with tile,put the marble on the floor and it will run the whole room showing you low spots,tip here is really good for looking for homes also,i remoldel and sell old shit and a trick i learned long time ago,they think by adding more mortar and putting tile up higher they can fool most folks but not me

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Get a pond liner. Leave about 6" overlap on the walls.
Use 2x4 to but the liner to the wall.

Top Bottom