augmenting with CO2 to protect against high temperatures

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

In all my reading, I have come to understand that growers who add CO2 also allow their room temps to run higher than without CO2.

The reason I'm posting in the infirmary is that I had to add 400 watts which pushed my temps up into the low to mid 90 deg F.

The quickest, easiest, and only way I have to deal with this is to add bottled CO2.

Two questions come to mind.

Will it work?
So far the plants look OK, but perhaps heat damage shows up in ways I can't (or don't know how to) see.

I have a vented tent area 5X10 feet that exhales, via fan, out a 2 inch pipe.
Thus far I have opened the regulator to provide a rapid (5 per second) bubble stream.
I hope this is too fast, because I just blew my 5 pound bottle.

About how fast do I need to add CO2 to such a space to have a useful protective affect?

Thoughts and conjectures welcome.

R

redrum

Get an exhaust fan going (bigger than 2 inches)

Proper humidity will help out a bit, but 90 is too warm unless everything is totally dialed, even with co2

buddahslave

buddahslave

Add grotek silicate and B52 to your rez will help combat heat. You can add vinegar and baking soda mix to make co2. Mix in a small bucket and place above plants because co2 is heavier than oxygen so it falls on the plants. Add water to a bucket with an air stone will increase humidity and cool plant a bit. I hope any one of these help you:cigar:

Dunge

Dunge

Thanks for the help gentlemen.
As it happens, the seasonal cold has helped me get the temps down below 90F.
The plants look to be taking it well, but I need to water more often to prevent them drooping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom