australian bastard cannabis, mongy weed

• Thread starter White Widower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

White Widower

What's up everyone? Was surfing the web a little bit and I came across some crazy mutant strain of cannabis called by a few names, like mongy weed, Australian bastard cannabis (abc), and dizzy. I did a bit of research and I think that the extremely unusual plants original or scientific name is cannabis australis. This plant looks very little like the more popular strains of weed. It's not known for its potency but has proven to be a very hardy plant and resistant to frosts that might be dangerous for other strains. I also heard of another unusual cannabis strain, I am unclear of its origins but I think it also comes from Australia. This strain grows more like a vine and supposedly has a high thc content. Does anyone know or have any experience with extraordinary strains like these? I am always tryin to learn more about cannabis and its something I have a passion for. Any feedback would be appreciated.

KAL EL

KAL EL

They are all versions of cannabis ruderalis was my understanding. I also know that the reason these strains have not spread around the world is cuz they are like hemp, no real THC content.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Doesn't barneys farm sell this as dr grinspoon?

T

true blue

Gday white widower i am from oz but have never seen a plant grown like that.First time i smoked indoor weed which was called skunk at the time was early 90,s.Most of the weed smoked around south east queensland before was sativas tall plants my favourite been a plant we called purple heads which when mature had long buds full of dark purple resin sacks,very nice rich flavour very strong smoke not super smooth used to get a cold shiver sometimes after bong hits haha.Other plant was grown top of rotten mangoes giving the buds a orange finish,fruity taste and as strong as the purple stuff.

When indoor was sold all year round the sativas became less avalible and sort of forgotton which is a shame cause this smoke was pure and very strong up high that would creep on you for an hour or so.When you go to this part of australia its worth searching for the sativas.

Sorry bout the rant.

Might search the origins of australian weed might have dutch back ground who knows?

W

White Widower

Im not sure the we are talkin about the same thing. The strain I'm talking about definitely has a thc content and grows more like a shrub and is not a good plant for hemp. I don't think it comes from cannabis ruderalis, as I recall its not an autoflowering plant. I think the real reason these genetics aren't available is because the only original breeder of the strain left has withheld distribution of the seeds because when he first started breeding it he would hand out buckets of these seeds. He realized how stupid this was because a few years later people started trying to sell him this weed as something different. Plus it kind of blew the plants cover and its stealthy attributes. I know this strain was crossed with flo at one point to try to raise the potency. In very rare instances did this cross maintain the physical appearance of mongy but the cross did prove to be more hardy than flo. Does anyone know of any other successful hybrids of this strain?

true grit

true grit

Well the homies in Australia say they get nothing but super crap due to stringent cannabis laws, so doubt its worth any effort.

TortureKill

TortureKill

After googling the ABC weed its very intriguing. I have heard of a creeper weed, not the creeper buzz you would think, but this plant grows low to the ground, and more like a vine, than the traditional Cannabis plant. I could see this genotype working out well for the auto flowering, and super stealth farmers. Good luck on your hunt :)

C

COgrown

abc ,dizzy,mongy,abcxflow,and Bindi.Other than marc emery CC hand out he did in 2000 cant find seeds anyware.looks like a crazy pheno type of ditch weed.But it would make a great breeding project abc x OG or Chem?then start picking out the mutants for back crossing.Then sell me seeds so I can plant this shit on acres!!!!!!!anyone find some seeds or pollen let me know$$$$

R

Relaxed420

I cant upload photos right now, but I had a strain called 'Duckfoot' that HAD to be closely related to ABC, based on my reseRch back then. Just cause of the unusualness of it, I wish my ex partner hadnt kill it, but oh well. Never finished flowering her, but out of 10 people that saw her in veg, I would have a hard time convincing 8 of them that it really was MJ, honestly for the first few weeks after I saw the unusual leaves, I thought I did something wrong and somehow mutated it! It was bagseed, so at the time I had no idea what it was going to be, told it came from a greenhouse grow in OC, CA. The leaves totally looked like duck feet, like the leaves never separated and webbed, way cool stealth outdoor plant, probably could veg in front of the local narc squad and never be hassled, untill flower time, then it does give away the MJ smell and look...

M

mrcollins94

relaxed420 just wandering if youve seen any othet plants like that im curious to find some native australian straind to grow

neverbreak

neverbreak

there is no such thing as "cannabis australis" or native australian cannabis. cannabis is from the himalayas. period. mongy weed is a feral strain, ie weed that went wild. i don't know a great deal about it but what i've read tells me it had little high associated with it n was popularized due to the fact it barely looked or grew like weed, at least until it flowered. it was novelty value more than anythin.

neverbreak

Top Bottom