Australian Chief Minister Katy Gallagher Baby Killer And Snitch

• Thread starter crocodile og
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crocodile og

Medical marijuana supplier raided after tip off from Chief MinisterJuly 30, 2014 - 11:03PM reading nowRead laterTom McIlroy and Ben Westcottin

Chief Minister Katy Gallagher has defended her decision to report the case of a 2½-year-old NSW girl receiving medical marijuana to treat a rare genetic disorder.

The girl's mother, Cherie, told ABC Radio's Hack program on Wednesday that her daughter's supplier, who lived in the ACT, had been raided by federal police after he wrote to Ms Gallagher explaining how cannabis oil treatment was helping Abbey, who suffers serious seizures and developmental delays as a result of the disorder CDKL5.

Cherie said she started administering the freely provided cannabis oil to her daughter without her doctor's knowledge after they told her Abbey would most likely die.

DrMichael Freelander, who has treated Abbey since she was born, told the program Abbey was not expected to live longer than a few months but the treatment had seen her improve enough to go home from hospital.

Cherie said the raid, which came after Ms Gallagher reported the correspondence to authorities, meant Abbey's future was uncertain.

Ms Gallagher, who is also health minister, defended her actions and said she had a legal obligation to report the situation because of the risk to the child.

''As the law stands at the moment marijuana is a prohibited substance and I have responsibilities on me as chief minister under child protection laws, if nothing else, that that information had to be passed on," she told the ABC.

"I had a responsibility under law to do that, and I think the flip side of it would be what if I did nothing with that information and that was later found out that I had just ignored the fact that someone had sent me an email saying they were administering a prohibited substance to a young child."

Ms Gallagher said she had forwarded the email to police and child protective services, rather than instruct or send anyone to raid the property personally.

The debate comes a week after Greens minister Shane Rattenbury introduced a private member's bill to legalise medical marijuana in the ACT.

Cherie continues to treat Abbey with injections of small amounts of cannabis oil through a feeding tube, leading to a reduction in seizures.

She said the raid had left the family without a continuing supply of the oil, creating a situation of ''life or death'' within weeks.

''I have been told to expect a knock at the door from the police, but I'd do anything for my kids and if this is going to save her life then, of course, I am going to do it,'' Cherie said.

About 800 children worldwide are believed to suffer from CDKL5, which leads to seizures, low muscle tone and audio and visual impairment.

There is no known cure for the condition.

Ms Gallagher said on a ''very personal level'', she supported people using marijuana for pain relief, particularly having seen her parents pass away as a result of a terminal illness, but as a lawmaker she acknowledged the difficulties in setting up such a system.

She has previously said she would consider the legislation to legalise marijuana in the territory, which will not pass the assembly without the support of either Labor or the Liberals.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...ef-minister-20140730-zyoz7.html#ixzz38xrkJ7bX

C

crocodile og

Not an easy position to be in. She's forced to act within the limits of the law, whether we like it or not. The problem is with the system.

Thats what the Nazi guards said at Nuremberg about Auschwitz and the other concentration camps too.

Not hating on you bro just making a point.

This is what happens with socialized health care. The government decides what you can, can't, will or won't do with your own body.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
"I think marijuana works!" "But I'll still narc on you for doing It >:O".

Fucking cunt

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Thats what the Nazi guards said at Nuremberg about Auschwitz and the other concentration camps too.

Not hating on you bro just making a point.

This is what happens with socialized health care. The government decides what you can, can't, will or won't do with your own body.

It is and it's a poor comparison. Everyone is forced to make compromises within their jobs. That does not make them like Nazi guards.

C

crocodile og

If your job involves persecuting people for acting in a moral way and the consequences of such actions results in the death or serious injury of another human being then you have a moral obligation (in the minds of a fair and just society) not to carry out those duties.

Particular disgusting is that she went as far as to involve law enforcement. A simple reply that she didn't endorse such course of action and insisting further communications not be sent to her would have been a much more humane way of handling the matter.

She acted as a gutless hypocrite and was more concerned with her own "public image" than the reality of the situation. A recent poll suggested over 85% of Australians supported MMJ. Ms Gallagher's reasons for her actions reflected her tendency to constantly micro manage and manipulate any situation to maintain an aura of respectability rather than acting in an appropriate fashion and being judged accordingly for it.

Just following orders simply doesn't cut it nor does passing the buck. These are simply excuses of the most vile, incompetent and evil. Not qualities of a worthy leader let alone human being.

The problem isn't the system. Its those within it that are not prepared to question it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom