Auto Dosing System for 2 Reservoirs?

• Thread starter 420hobbygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Hi, I'm looking to fully automate a coco grow due to having horrible back issues and a 1 year old little dude. I'm having a hard time finding an auto-dosing system (nutrients, PH) that can run 2 reservoirs - one for veg and one for flower. Anyone have any recommendations, or is that simply not possible without purchasing a commercial size (and $$$) system?

I'm leaning towards the BlueLab Pro Controller, with all the extras, but it can only run one res. I'd essentially have to double down for a second complete system. Or ditch the perpetual grow I was planning for.

Any options would be helpful, thank you!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i don't know of any system that can do both. BlueLab pro controller are worth for the money but you gonna need two if you want to run both veg and bloom.
maybe someone else does?

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

i don't know of any system that can do both. BlueLab pro controller are worth for the money but you gonna need two if you want to run both veg and bloom.
maybe someone else does?
Ok, thanks for the reply! I did a ton of searching.. BlueLab, Autogrow, Agrowtek.. none seem to be able to run 2 reservoirs. It seems like it would be simple to make a controller that had 2 sets of test probes and that you could assign some pumps to Reservoir 1 and others to Reservoir 2. I guess probably not enough demand for something like that and people can just buy 2 systems.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Ok, thanks for the reply! I did a ton of searching.. BlueLab, Autogrow, Agrowtek.. none seem to be able to run 2 reservoirs. It seems like it would be simple to make a controller that had 2 sets of test probes and that you could assign some pumps to Reservoir 1 and others to Reservoir 2. I guess probably not enough demand for something like that and people can just buy 2 systems.
It's not as simple and the demand is not there for it. Also, your one res would be set for the amount of plants that are in particular stage for that resivor. If you have vegetative stage and another section for flower stage than you aren't going to put the plants together and you would have two seperate rooms. I think even the commercial industry just uses 1 prob per reservoir

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

It's not as simple and the demand is not there for it. Also, your one res would be set for the amount of plants that are in particular stage for that resivor. If you have vegetative stage and another section for flower stage than you aren't going to put the plants together and you would have two seperate rooms. I think even the commercial industry just uses 1 prob per reservoir
That makes sense. I'm working with 2 5x5 tents right beside each other, which probably doesn't typically demand any sort of automation, so no demand for what I'm looking for. And larger operations would have separate rooms with completely separate systems, so no demand there either. I guess I'm looking for a unicorn.

Reactions: PK1
420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

I guess I'll probably set up the flower tent to be automated, and hand mix the veg reservoir.. then have them autofeed from timers. Probably won't have to re-fill the res more than once a week for the veg tent, so no big deal.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
you if you have two separate tents for each stage than you need two res and two bluelabs. completely seperate systems with feeding needs and schedules

M

Memyselfandi_2002

I guess I'll probably set up the flower tent to be automated, and hand mix the veg reservoir.. then have them autofeed from timers. Probably won't have to re-fill the res more than once a week for the veg tent, so no big deal.
I’m building towards a similar setup as you are. I have a mixture of cannabis and traditional hydro veggies growing. Currently I’m using one res (55 gal drum) to feed the plants on a dtw drip system. I automate feedings through my smart home setup. I intend to add a second drum to the system to feed additional plants in a different growth stage. I’m thinking of making a manifold system into and out of the pump. When room1 needs to be watered those two valves open to the pump feeding from drum 1 to line 1. Room 2 opens valve for drum 2 and line 2. I’m using powdered nutes and premix the batch which depending on the number of emitters can last a week or so. If you’re technically inclined led gardener has an interesting tutorial on youtube using microcontrollers. Its relatively inexpensive compared to commercial offerings until you get into ph measurement and control. The parts needed to do that are pricey. I who have an engineering background and was going to go in that direction but moving to powdered nutes simplified things greatly and made the controller complexity no longer required. Though I might still use an arduino to weight the water to send a message when I need to top up.
Hi, I'm looking to fully automate a coco grow due to having horrible back issues and a 1 year old little dude. I'm having a hard time finding an auto-dosing system (nutrients, PH) that can run 2 reservoirs - one for veg and one for flower. Anyone have any recommendations, or is that simply not possible without purchasing a commercial size (and $$$) system?

I'm leaning towards the BlueLab Pro Controller, with all the extras, but it can only run one res. I'd essentially have to double down for a second complete system. Or ditch the perpetual grow I was planning for.

Any options would be helpful, thank you!

Top Bottom