What is going on?

• Too much light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else....

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Panacea79

Panacea79

Auto flower flowering problems Auto flower flowering problems Auto flower flowering problems 2
Auto flower flowering problems
Hey everyone, I am growing 3 afghan skunk girls in a tent under CFL's, in soil, with an intake fan and exhaust going to a scrubber. Maintaining a temp of about 80 degrees and humidity around 30%, give or take 4 % ( these #'s are with the lights on and fans running. Temps drop to around 60 and humidity rises to 65% during the 6 hour dark time) they are all at about 9 1/2 weeks and flowering but I definitely feel there's a problem. 1 of them beefed up pretty good but the other 2 seem locked in about 'week 2 or so' of the flowering stage. That said ALL 3 seem to have not made any progress in the last 2 weeks at least like they're stuck. Like I said they're autos and the breeder seed specs said 8-9 weeks flowering time so I'm assuming that means from seed to harvest, no? Am I doing something wrong? I almost want to switch to 12/12 even though they're autos cuz this seems like something that would happen if you took some regular feminized seeds, got them to week one or two of flowering then put them back on the veg light cycle. I'm including pics. Someone, ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Auto flower flowering problems 3
O

oregonmellow

Pancea,first thing what is your Ph going in and Ph of your run off water coming out? I have had to change my light cycle on auto*s to 16/8 at times and hopefully you are running your fans 24/7 if not that could be your higher lights off humidity your seeing but that really isn*t to high so no worries there next question what are you feeding them,some auto*s are pretty heavy feeders esp. in flower,Ph is where most plants lock up,start there good vibes to you,Peace.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Thanx for the feedback. I'll haVe to check on the runoff ph but I'm using the fox farm soil trio pack and I carefully test the ph of the mix before feeding and its right around 6-7 I'm guessing. Hard to tell cuz I'm using the liquid tests and comparing to a color chart. I guess I could start a 16/8 as well...I'll update soon

O

oregonmellow

I would definitely check Ph first esp.if they look like they aren*t growing any more,and I found the fox farm drops my Ph almost a couple points so I have to add Ph up to my water every feeding,Ph first,much luck to you,Peace.

O

oregonmellow

Seed breeders are usually making the flower claims 8_9 weeks for them in a very controled environment probably 8-9 weeks AFTER you flip your lights at least for photoperiod plants, as far as auto*s go they will finish when they finish,so with that in mind if you were growing under 18/6 maybe just a little more dark will get them going ie.16/8 or 14/10,or even 12/12,dark is what sets things going,again much luck to you,Peace.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok if your sure they are Auto's, then if anything kick them upto 20/4, they are AUTO's they need light. How close are your CFLs, how many, what watts? PH would be first, AUTOS are not -repeat are not heavy feeders in my opinion , I'm on my third grow and the FoxFarmOceanForest is about all she needs. What size pots are you in? What's your growing medium, soil, coco? As for breeder flower times I would ad about 10/15 days longer then they say.
There is a section on here for autos,look under Grow diaries- auto flower, there's a thread called -- accurate information on auto flowers. Read up buddy.
Check out my signature below it might help, I've just started myself but everything you need is here, you just have to search. Good luck ..
STR8

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

m8 your humidity during lights on is too low especially for early stages .At 25% the plants transpiring is affected badly so @30% you can bet the internals are slowing down . Like if you think of transpiring as the blood flow the flow is real slow getting close to stopping ie all the plants needs to grow is only getting there slowly . so slow growth . Worth getting a humidifier . cheers

O

oregonmellow

Like I mentioned,auto*s finish when they finish,much luck bud,Peace.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

wasn't happy with that explanation . if plants transpire at 100% then at %30 they are having to work to hard to transpire , instead of growing they put there energy in to transpiring . Yep auto's finish when they ready advertised finishing is hoakem average out at 3 to 3.5 mths from sprout .

Panacea79

Panacea79

Thanx everyone for your help. I checked runoff ph and it's looking fine. Somewhere around 6-7. Medium is a soil, perlite, vermiculite mix. Like 70/15/15 or some awkward shit like that. I've got about 4 40 watt CFL's, 4 23 watt, and one big old 65 watt. 2 of the plants are in, I'm guessing, 4 gallon pots and one is in a 1.75 gal. It's funny cuz after turning it on to 18/6 and running the fans all night the humidity is now at 50% and that's with the lights having been on for 2 hours now. I guess I'll wait and see

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

I hate contradicting someone, but I tent in winter and have a fireplace next to tent. At almost zero humidity all winter I have no real issues. Even loosing 2 gallons a day in water and constant humidifiers running. I'm sure it does matter, but not to the point it wouldn't flower. Hairs would die and so on, not growth stop. Get a ph meter, then be patient. No matter what u do, its hard to get plants to get done faster if manipulating the light doesn't work and ur already running high p nutrients. I suppose you could try a booster if everything else is right, but I don't really recommend it. I'm just starting in the auto world so I'm talking from standard grow experience.

Fresh14

Fresh14

don't forget that warm air carries more moisture than cold, so if your temps go up so will your humidity.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
m8 your humidity during lights on is too low especially for early stages .At 25% the plants transpiring is affected badly so @30% you can bet the internals are slowing down . Like if you think of transpiring as the blood flow the flow is real slow getting close to stopping ie all the plants needs to grow is only getting there slowly . so slow growth . Worth getting a humidifier . cheers

@Panacea79

I think this graph from earlier this week will help explain the relationship being described.

Vapor pressure deficit

Vapor pressure deficit (VPD) is a measurement of humidity in a particular area. VPD determines the difference between the amount of moisture in the air and the amount of moisture the air can hold.

There is a lot of info on this subject on the Farm. Just search for VPD here or "in the google" and you will get all you care to digest.

I found this article helpful. https://www.cannabissciencetech.com...iration-rates-cannabis-cultivation-operations.

Good Luck & Happy Growing

😎

🍻

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom