• Tagged users None
Frego

Frego

Right got my temp and humidity reader today and ‘it’s over 9000!!!!’

not literally

I’m doing auto flowers
And I’ve read a lot of different articles saying different temps and humids

but I want a answer from you guys
Can I run same temp and humid through entire grow? Anyone done this? Or even not bothered checking adjusting?

what are the specs through the stages of autoflower

Frego

Frego

Ok what do the red boxes mean?

Mir what does 70% 7.9 mean I don’t understand any of it

crossfader

crossfader

You want to avoid anything in red and yellow boxes, it's a Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) chart to dial your temps and humidity in...I'm not that familiar with it so hopefully someone with more experience can explain that for you✌

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

not literally

I’m doing auto flowers

Can I run same temp and humid through entire grow? Anyone done this? Or even not bothered checking adjusting?

Familiar rise yourself with vapor pressure deficit, it's not as confusing as you might think. Every temperature has a humidity coefficient that works in lockstep with the respiration rate of the plant. There are even apps (i use Grobot) that calculate for you so you can get in the sweet spot.

Redbarn_Kyle

Redbarn_Kyle

Essentially how you want to use this chart is as follows: Lets say your HVAC equipment can't get your space cooler than say, 80 degrees during the lights on period. Just take a look at the VPD chart above, the green boxes are where you want to be roughly to start. If you look at the humidity levels that correspond with 80 degrees, it appears that as long as your humidity is between 70 and 85%, you're good! The numbers within the chart aren't important right now, what is important is that you simply follow the chart and stay in the green boxes. As you learn more about growing you'll start to understand ways you can manipulate VPD to change, or "steer" your crop into different growth patterns depending on what you're after. To keep things simple for now, just try to stay in the green!

Frego

Frego

Essentially how you want to use this chart is as follows: Lets say your HVAC equipment can't get your space cooler than say, 80 degrees during the lights on period. Just take a look at the VPD chart above, the green boxes are where you want to be roughly to start. If you look at the humidity levels that correspond with 80 degrees, it appears that as long as your humidity is between 70 and 85%, you're good! The numbers within the chart aren't important right now, what is important is that you simply follow the chart and stay in the green boxes. As you learn more about growing you'll start to understand ways you can manipulate VPD to change, or "steer" your crop into different growth patterns depending on what you're after. To keep things simple for now, just try to stay in the green!
Thankyou brother great advice and easy to understand thanks for your input

tbh I’m quite overwhelmed at the thought of growing cannabis so much to learn my brain can’t take everything in
You guys are so clever

Frego

Frego

Familiar rise yourself with vapor pressure deficit, it's not as confusing as you might think. Every temperature has a humidity coefficient that works in lockstep with the respiration rate of the plant. There are even apps (i use Grobot) that calculate for you so you can get in the sweet spot.
Thanks brother I’ll download the app and I’ve tried to familiar rise my self with it all and I don’t know what I’ve got my self into

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

O go through what I follow here and explain how and why.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

not literally

I’m doing auto flowers

It's certainly great to have control and be able to direct these variables, but it's not always possible, or built into the grow. If you can achieve that level of control, it's certainly desirable, yes...

Every grow is different.
familiarize yourself with concepts like VDP and you'll be well on your way to understanding how this effects the cannabis growth cycle, also maybe
also, take a look at this thread, this will probably be very useful also. I know your not using coco, but you should probably read up a bit on water tables, and how they are able to affect the growth cycle also, both of those are critical fundamental concepts.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Why do you get it to them figures
Control wise
Thats the conditions that keeps mold at bay for me. And keeps the water in the DWC buckets from getting hot. If the room canopy is too large and the humidity shoots up in her fungus issues. Some rooms work better with higher humidity.

Ponky

Ponky

In short I use the average size of the canopy to control humidity. So a stage 3 weeks apart. So some plants are small and some almost finished. Instead of all at the same rate. Keeps my conditions manageable.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We live in the middle of the ocean. Dehumidifiers do nothing for us. So we have extra fans and we leave the temps higher.

Top Bottom