auto flowering strains

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stone69

I'm trying to come up with a list of auto-flowering strains, ones good for fast outside grows.

So far all I got is...

Lowryders
Top 44

:sign0023:

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
There are lots of early finishing plants but almost all the autoflowering strains are lowryder derivatives.

S

stone69

Thanks H... Lowryder's is just what I've read... not sure exactly what they are... any specific names... or how do know if it's derived from a lowryder?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You can safely assume most of the autos you see are. The question, I believe, is whether or not it's a lowryder 2 cross. The first version is supposed to be a shadow of the lr2.

There are a couple of threads on fast finishers here.

S

stone69

Thanks H... I'll look up fast finishers, I'm not sure what a "lowryder 2 cross" is... but I'll keep looking and studying.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I've run AK47 x Lowryder2 for instance. They called it Auto AK47. They start with a lowryder 2 and another strain. They try to combine them in a way so as to express the regular plants potency, smell and taste but still be an automatic flowering plant.

S

stone69

So would any strain crossed with a lowryder produce auto flowering plants.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
No, that's just the starting point. They probably backcross the offspring to the lowryder2 again, maybe even several times.

S

stone69

I've got a lot to learn on breeding... alot on growing actually.

Knowing this now, is there anything I should look for when looking for an AF?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Only the bit about LR2 being the better version.

F

FastForward

The whole AF thing is pretty recent anyhow.....from what I've read it's a ruderalis derived gene that is responsible for the autoflowering. There's a few breeders playing around with them.... JointDoctor, MDanzig, Lowlife and others.... but again, from what I've read many of them are unstable and don't autoflower, or dwarf consistently.

I've grown LR2 a few times now and I really rate the smoke. Not tried any others, and don't really have any inclination to try....but the taste of the LR2 is lovely....handy buzz too...

S

stone69

FF... that's good info,I found a couple low ryder strains... Blueberry x low ryder AK47 x diesel... these look good.

Top Bottom