Auto flowers when to switch to bloom

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Hello all, planning my next grow and I’ll be running some glue gelato and blackberry kush autos. My question is, since autos have a much shorter lifespan than photoperiods, should I adjust the General Hydroponics flora series feed chart for a 10 week cycle? So, I assume I would start giving them flowering nutes a lot quicker, like say on week 3 of veg? I assume that also means that the EC should rise a bit quicker with autos considering they sexually mature faster? I asked these question to General hydroponics and have yet to get a response. Might go with Canna nutrients next time, I like good customer service.

My current grow: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/mamiko-cheese-cookies-scrog-grow.136744/page-3#post-2772552

Zombierider

Zombierider

Shoot I should have included that info. I’m growing coco DTW with General Hydro flora trio

Moshmen

Moshmen

Feed lightly yo start a nice even balanced feed is where you should start and if you switch to bloom nutes don’t do it until you see strong bud sets . Just my opinion and experience

autos are easy to lock out with to much food / calmag

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Feed lightly yo start a nice even balanced feed is where you should start and if you switch to bloom nutes don’t do it until you see strong bud sets . Just my opinion and experience

autos are easy to lock out with to much food / calmag
^^^^^. THIS ^^^^^

Many people try to jam the nutes into their plant. Easy does it with autos, especially when multi-feeding in coco.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thanks for the responses people. @Moshmen , so we’re talking like no more than 600ppm for veg and maybe max out at like 900ppm for peak flower? I’m feeding my photo’s 1030ppm in late veg and they seem to love it, how much weaker nutes do autos like exactly?

@GreenMtnGuru so maybe I’ll start with a higher ec and lower it when I start daily feedings. Going to be using 2 gallon pots so plan is no more than 3x daily watering during peak growth rate. I do happen to like the idea of more nutes the better, and lowering when tips starte to burn. Then again maybe this tactic encourages nutrient lockout…

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for the responses people. @Moshmen , so we’re talking like no more than 600ppm for veg and maybe max out at like 900ppm for peak flower? I’m feeding my photo’s 1030ppm in late veg and they seem to love it, how much weaker nutes do autos like exactly?

@GreenMtnGuru so maybe I’ll start with a higher ec and lower it when I start daily feedings. Going to be using 2 gallon pots so plan is no more than 3x daily watering during peak growth rate. I do happen to like the idea of more nutes the better, and lowering when tips starte to burn. Then again maybe this tactic encourages nutrient lockout…
Sounds like a place to start and see what they like

Latest posts

Top Bottom