Auto gone rogue need stem advice

• Thread starter pincannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have seen this many times. When you are breeding (especially with autos) you will get very wide and varied phenotype variation. The strains that lean towards the sativa side will often yield some phenotypes like this once cross bred. Auto Ruderalis and hard leaning Sativas are trickier to breed together sometimes they don't mix well. These plants that you are referring to have that classic sativa stretched out tall and lanky thing going on. Usually the buds on those types of phenotypes come out looser and more open and fluffy. They will still have trichomes and will be smokable but they Foxtail a lot and its gonna take longer to finish than the other phenotypes. Moving forward if a few plants are shooting up way above the rest like that you can deep top them and snip a whole 6 inches off the top to let the other phenotypes catch up. I usually don't prefer to top autos but this is an example of a time that i would make an exception in order to help keep the canopy more even. Trellis or tomato cage is your friend with the lanky guys like that. Good luck!

pincannabis

pincannabis

I have seen this many times. When you are breeding (especially with autos) you will get very wide and varied phenotype variation. The strains that lean towards the sativa side will often yield some phenotypes like this once cross bred. Auto Ruderalis and hard leaning Sativas are trickier to breed together sometimes they don't mix well. These plants that you are referring to have that classic sativa stretched out tall and lanky thing going on. Usually the buds on those types of phenotypes come out looser and more open and fluffy. They will still have trichomes and will be smokable but they Foxtail a lot and its gonna take longer to finish than the other phenotypes. Moving forward if a few plants are shooting up way above the rest like that you can deep top them and snip a whole 6 inches off the top to let the other phenotypes catch up. I usually don't prefer to top autos but this is an example of a time that i would make an exception in order to help keep the canopy more even. Trellis or tomato cage is your friend with the lanky guys like that. Good luck!
Excellent advice ! Thank you very much ! 🙏

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats interesting.never seen one done like that before.

done out of necessity. Before the buds got so dense and heavy i had to keep pinching the branches down. They kept growing through most of flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom