Auto question?pots? And qaunitity?

• Thread starter mcarcone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mcarcone

I want to grow a bunch of different autos in a 8x4 tent what size pot 3gal or 5gal pots should I use and how many plants will fit?

Blastfact

Blastfact

I want to grow a bunch of different autos in a 8x4 tent what size pot 3gal or 5gal pots should I use and how many plants will fit?
Smallest pot I use is 5 gal. for Autos and small Indica/photos. In a 4 x 8 I would do a max of 8 plants. But I see no value in cramming plants in a tent like people in section 8 welfare apts.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off large autos go in 3gal pots, smaller autos go in 2gal pots, do not transplant, go light on nutes or you will fry them, autos do not do well under a full spec light they like blue green light in veg mode bc a full spec light has red and ir in it, this will cause your auto's to flower early possibly dwarf out and severely affect yield use a 2 cycle light, use FFOF for medium, add clay for good drainage, in veg mode I use botanacare pro grow 1ml per USgal add a small!!!!!¡!!! splash in to a 16oz cup of water stir and feed go light, for flower I use Atami Bloombastic same drill but if you give to much they will fry, do not run multiple strains of autos pic 1 strain and go to it this will save you much agravation, do not stress them, autoflowers are not photoperiod plants different animals and not run the same, keep a fan on them, keep your light 32inc above canopy, keep ph around 6.2, and keep things simple. Good luck.

M

mcarcone

Smallest pot I use is 5 gal. for Autos and small Indica/photos. In a 4 x 8 I would do a max of 8 plants. But I see no value in cramming plants in a tent like people in section 8 welfare apts.
I agree I am doing it in 5gal 8 pots that seems a good start . I was going to use open forest and I was going to start it from seed in the 5 gal pot

Blastfact

Blastfact

I agree I am doing it in 5gal 8 pots that seems a good start . I was going to use open forest and I was going to start it from seed in the 5 gal pot
I start all germinated seeds in clear solo cups buried in there permeant grow pots be it soil/coco/autos or photos. At two weeks and no more than 3 weeks I transplant and let them rip tator chip. Clear solo cups allow me to check on root growth. Also allows me to control watering much better....

TomH

TomH

First off large autos go in 3gal pots, smaller autos go in 2gal pots, do not transplant, go light on nutes or you will fry them, autos do not do well under a full spec light they like blue green light in veg mode bc a full spec light has red and ir in it, this will cause your auto's to flower early possibly dwarf out and severely affect yield use a 2 cycle light, use FFOF for medium, add clay for good drainage, in veg mode I use botanacare pro grow 1ml per USgal add a small!!!!!¡!!! splash in to a 16oz cup of water stir and feed go light, for flower I use Atami Bloombastic same drill but if you give to much they will fry, do not run multiple strains of autos pic 1 strain and go to it this will save you much agravation, do not stress them, autoflowers are not photoperiod plants different animals and not run the same, keep a fan on them, keep your light 32inc above canopy, keep ph around 6.2, and keep things simple. Good luck.
Edinburgh has got to be the "go to" knowledge base on autos!
I've seen more amazing information from him that answered questions I have/had about my first attempt with them!
I had initially sworn off autos because I felt like I had the rug pulled out from under my feet, what I ended up with was larf and heartache. However, reading his information has made me interested in trying them again, perhaps my next (spring) grow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, I don't think it matters whether it be an auto or not to determine pot size. I use 3 gallon pots for most of my grows but I'll go to 5 gallon if I veg over 2 months. So an auto will stay in a 3 gallon. ( I have 2 GSC autos growing now) I like transplanting up as needed, solo cup - 1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal. Although with auto's If I was going into a 5 gal I'd transplant from a 1 gal......Transplant shock is 1 reason to grow in large pots from the start. It will set them back and you've no time to lose with auto's. If you transplant at the right time with no violence to the plant or her roots there is no shock. Large plants are harder to do that with, small ones in 1 gallon are easy to slip out and put in their new home.

Top Bottom