auto shut off valve help

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Float valves. The feed will have to be higher then the rez if using something like this or run off pressure. If running it off pressure (sink or tapped from a water main) you might want to use a pressure regulator or auto off valve like RO units use (this one is from Hydrologic) to keep it from flying open and flooding your area. Something like this is for 1/4 line. They make all types of these. Don't skimp on them.

IMG 20200703 133839
IMG 20200703 133832

this is the auto shutoff unit
IMG 20200703 134442

pdasterly

pdasterly

i understand how to use float valve, i have a ro1000 system but i need to fill a rez in another location without the ro

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
i understand how to use float valve, i have a ro1000 system but i need to fill a rez in another location without the ro

If you know how to use floats...then that's how you do it. Auto shutoffs and/or pressure regulators or you will end up with 200 gals of water on the floor at some point. I mean I don't get what you are asking. Use a water source not connected to the RO and a float valve. All the supporting stuff is going to depend on on the line size and the type and qual of valve you use.

If you are trying to fill the rez wth nuted water from a different rez then use the electric float valves they make to retrofit sump pumps and a pump. It will have a piggyback 120v plug that sits between the socket and the plug to the pump and turn it on and off. They sell them at the big box hardware stores for like 20-30 bucks.

Last edited:
pdasterly

pdasterly

faucet to rez, the auto shut-off valves i see are made for ro systems (4 ports on valve)

If you know how to use floats...then that's how you do it. Auto shutoffs and/or pressure regulators or you will end up with 200 gals of water on the floor at some point. I mean I don't get what you are asking. Use a water source not connected to the RO and a float valve. All the supporting stuff is going to depend on on the line size and the type and qual of valve you use.

If you are trying to fill the rez wth nuted water from a different rez then use the electric float valves they make to retrofit sump pumps and a pump. It will have a piggyback 120v plug that sits between the socket and the plug to the pump and turn it on and off. They sell them at the big box hardware stores for like 20-30 bucks.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
faucet to rez, the auto shut-off valves i see are made for ro systems (4 ports on valve)

you can just loop 1 side of them I think. You might be able to skip all that and crack the faucet to reduce the pressure and not have a ton to worry about unless you need it filled quickly. Just use an adapter from faucet to whatever float valve line size you decide to use. I never had a problem with the hydrologic floats running off the pressure for a stealth 200. They are about 10 bucks or so if i remember.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
did you have it running full blast? says it needs a min of 40 psi

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
yes but i dont know the psi at that outlet, my ro1000 gauge says 40 psi but that location is directly off the incoming main line.

Hmm might not be high enough. If it has an aerator try removing that if you can and still hook the line up. Just brain storming.

pdasterly

pdasterly

Hmm might not be high enough. If it has an aerator try removing that if you can and still hook the line up. Just brain storming.
answer from amazon

This is a pressure balancing valve and shuts off the supply when the pressure in the holding tank reaches the incoming pressure (meaning that the pressure drop across the RO membrane has dropped). It will not work when both sides are not pressurized or only one side is pressurized. You might investigate a float type valve for your use.

Top Bottom