Auto soil recommendations for a beginner....Please.

• Thread starter jimijames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimijames

jimijames

Hi. I'm looking for an 'almost' off-the-shelf soil for my 2nd grow indoors under LED light. I'll be growing 2 Big Bang (Green House Seed Co.) autos under a Mars Hydro TS-1000, in a small tent.
Probably gonna try SOG, or some LST.
2 off 10 litre fabric pots.

I was thinking about BioBizz All Mix organic substrate with 15% perlite and some microrhizal (spellcheck). I didn't use mycorrhizal on my first plant, or calmag for that matter. Plus a host of other mistakes. This is a learning curve, right?

Any info and advice would be much appreciated.

Some pics of my first effort....
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease

Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 2
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 3
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 4
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 5
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 7
Auto soil recommendations for a beginnerplease 6

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Foxfarms Ocean Forest and Foxfarms Happy Frog. First one third of your planter OF with 15% perlite and the next 66% HF with 20% perlite. You can literally finish out the grow using plain water. The OF is a lot hotter than the HF by the time the roots reach that layer they can handle the heat.

B

bakelite

Forgot to mention. I'm in England and Fox Farms are only available on a US import 😕
You should be able to source a good pre-fertilized organic soil in England somewhere. Look for something with similar ingredients found in Ocean Forest or whatever.

I found this online:
Ocean Forest® is a powerhouse blend of aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal. Aged forest products, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® its light, aerated texture.

Some believe that it isn't 100% organic, but I personally don't give a rats ass. Just look for the good stuff (bone meals, seed meals, guano's worm castings, minerals etc.). Do you have grow shops there? Other places to look are garden centers and the like. Before my state in the US became legal, I had to drive 2 hrs. just to get Fox Farm and other grow stuff (lights, pumps, grow tents etc.). Just to avoid shipping charges (shipping dirt is expensive).

Top Bottom