Auto Vs Photo. Potency Experiment

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Really if you got a favorite photo, just keep it for a mother plant and cut 6 clones and root them and go straight to 12/12 save electricity Plus still have 6 nice size plants at harvest, be about like growing a auto except saving money on your light bill.
You only save time on the auto once.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Actually I read somewhere where people are able to get there autos to revenge and even clone them. I know I see it on site some where but didn't pay much attention to it because I wasn't interested in it.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Actually I read somewhere where people are able to get there autos to revenge and even clone them. I know I see it on site some where but didn't pay much attention to it because I wasn't interested in it.
that's because they aren't true autos and the photo is dominant.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
Ever seen a successful HST like a topping or a fim? Seriously asking I don’t grow autos but that seems to be a disadvantage from what I have read.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Hey everyone. Been awhile since I've posted but here's an update. I no longer have the auto in my tent and gifted it to a fellow grower. It's in good hands. I was worried how it would be effected by the 12/12 schedule. I transplanted the northern lights photo to a 5 gallon and it's all been going good up till recently. My ph meter took a dump right before I needed to water last time and now there are a few rusty spots and leaf tips curling downward. Could this be a ph issue from being forced to water with a ph that I have no idea what it was. Plant is about 8 weeks old and 2 weeks into flower. I've been giving it 2 table spoons of tiger bloom, 2 table spoons of big bloom and 2 of the grow big and a tablespoon and a half of calmag. Ph of 6.2(except for the last feeding) . Schedule of feed, feed, water. I currently have molasses tea brewed up and waiting for my new meter to be here saturday to give it. That's all I was going to give this time. A tablespoon and a half of molasses and tablespoon and a half of cal mag. Do you guys think that would be good? Thanks a bunch
IMG 20220728 192414
IMG 20220728 192428

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Ok everyone, I've been considering making a thread for awhile so I figured I might as well go ahead and do it. I've been reading alot of comments from people saying that autos are less potent than photoperiods. I'm sure this is true in most cases or there wouldn't be so many people saying it. That being said, I'm going to try an experiment and do a comparison. I recently tried germinating 4 Northern Light photoperiod seeds for outdoors with only 1 germinating. I believe it was do to my heat mat being too hot for them. Deciding it was not worth the effort of putting her outdoors by herself where I live. I was stuck to make a choice either to ditch her and run another auto or just grow her out in my tent.. I stuck her in a 3 gallon grow bag and kept her in my tent to see how she goes. So I have 1 Chemdog Auto (Autoseeds) and 1 Northern Lights photoperiod fem (ilgm) growing side by side. Both in 3 gallon bags, both Ph of 6.2 with same soil. Happy frog soil and Fox farm trio nutrients. The photoperiod is about 5 weeks old has been topped and have started LST. The auto is about a week and a half old and hasn't been topped but will start LST as soon as possible. I plan to keep everyone updated. The lights are running at 20/4 right now but will flip to 13/11 when I decide to start flowering. Also hoping my tent doesn't get over grown but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. View attachment 1257086
Thanks for looking!
I love the affects of 20/4 they grow so much bigger I noticed because I experienced this grow I love how much bigger they got faster! I like this cycle because they need rest obviously some run it 24 but I seen dropping in plants from that 20/4 is personally my favorite 😍

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Here's two autos in my journal that are only 42 days old in this picture. Been topped and plant in back has been defoilated 3 times and super cropped .
Wow their huge for autos I didn't think they got that big I'm gonna do one photoperiod grow and one auto grow just because herbiesheadshop.com gifts them with purchase of other seeds so why not can't waste them!