Auto : White spots on leaves

• Thread starter Sampagani
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sampagani

Sampagani

Hi guys!
Yesterday I've noticed white spots on the leaves of my Bruce Banner Auto on her 48th day! So what do you think the problem came from :
  1. Overwatering ?
  2. Light burn?
  3. Nutrient burn?
  4. Nutrient deficiency?
Many thanks as usual for your help!

Auto  white spots on leaves
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Can we get a pic in natural light and the whole plant in question

Sampagani

Sampagani

Can we get a pic in natural light and the whole plant in question
Here is the photos (please note that the MH lamp color is not 100% white so the combination between MH and LED makes the light looks pink).

IMG 20201104 120721
IMG 20201104 120616
IMG 20201104 120559
Cracken

Cracken

Here is the photos (please note that the MH lamp color is not 100% white so the combination between MH and LED makes the light looks pink).
I see nute burn on almost all the tips of your plants. start with cutting back. The larger fan leaves look very dark green with all the tips turned brown, that shows nute burn. Lots of people try to get the most of their Autos by loading the nutes to them, hoping to swell the plant as fast as possible but they are still plants that have limits to uptake, unless you are running CO2 to increase the demand from the plant.
there is no light burn, that happens on the top leaves first, they will start to lose their green colour and turn pale
over watering will cause your leaves to droop, similar to not enough water
be careful, Duterte is very strict with his laws. I am guessing your location in the world. your screen name and the building construction.
is that open to the outside with fresh air blowing thru or a sealed off area? for your next watering, try just using only water and see if the yellowing continues or if it stops. the leaves that have turned will not turn back to green
@Aqua Man do you see the same as me from these photos?

Sampagani

Sampagani

I see nute burn on almost all the tips of your plants. start with cutting back. The larger fan leaves look very dark green with all the tips turned brown, that shows nute burn.
Thanks a lot for your help! I'll water them without nutrients next time!
be careful, Duterte is very strict with his laws. I am guessing your location in the world. your screen name and the building construction.
I don't understand you!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll water them without nutrients next time!

I don't understand you!
I believe he's implying that you live in the Philippines, be that as it may are you growing in soil or coco?

I agree you may be feeding a little heavy and there maybe some tip and Edge burn which is not that uncommon, but imo that's not what I see in this picture
Screenshot 20201104 091649 Chrome

You make no mention of pH or PPM, so in addition to what Medium you're using, what other relevant information can you provide?

Also if you have ways to measure your pH and PPM I would strongly recommend you perform a slurry test and post results to take away the guesswork

Sampagani

Sampagani

I believe he's implying that you live in the Philippines, be that as it may are you growing in soil or coco?
I live in Tunisia...and things aren't better than Philippines (6-25 years jail and 30k euro fine).
The medium is a universal substrat (the pH is 5.5-6) and as I mentioned before : here in tunisia there is no adequate fertilizer for vegetative and/or florwering stage. I'm using a fertilizer (please check the picture to notice the composition and I think that the problem comes from there).
Please my friend, remember that I live in Tunisia : I must lie to buy the fertilizer, the light...each time I go to a shop and ask for something they ask me for what purpose and I can't tell the to grow weed).

120755504 343510700428883 2772921209256440716 nb9376d0f2423e511f0cfb05ea53a689d32170
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My country is becoming much like yours now, as our rights and freedoms are quickly becoming stripped away, in favor of an ideology born out of lies and disinformation, but enough about that lets talk about your plant;

that fertilizer is fine but it has no calcium or magnesium, you can supplement magnesium with epsom salts I'll get back to you on what will work for calcium

Agree with above, feed with plain water for a few waterings, I understand you can't set the pH or PPM without the proper equipment, I use Aquarium pH tester drops to adjust my pH but not sure if you have it available or not

Also water using double the normal amount of water to try to flush out some built-up salts which I believe is what's causing your issue, I run double the amount like this through every one of my plants approximately once every week to keep the salts from building up

Screenshot 20200315 174958 Chrome

Edit: sources of calcium

Not sure what's available to you, if you have Dolomite lime available it will both provide calcium and also will raise and buffer your soil pH

Last edited:
Sampagani

Sampagani

My country is becoming much like yours now, as our rights and freedoms are quickly becoming stripped away, in favor of an ideology born out of lies and disinformation, but enough about that lets talk about your plant;

that fertilizer is fine but it has no calcium or magnesium, you can supplement magnesium with epsom salts I'll get back to you on what will work for calcium

Agree with above, feed with plain water for a few waterings, I understand you can't set the pH or PPM without the proper equipment, I use Aquarium pH tester drops to adjust my pH but not sure if you have it available or not

Also water using double the normal amount of water to try to flush out some built-up salts which I believe is what's causing your issue, I run double the amount like this through every one of my plants approximately once every week to keep the salts from building up

View attachment 1052048

Not sure what's available to you, if you have Dolomite lime available it will both provide calcium and also will raise and buffer your soil pH
Hi!!
I'm on my way

View attachment 1052048

Hi @Beachwalker ! I just baught 1kg of calcium and 1kg of espom salt (magnesium sulfate). Can you please tell me how to use them?
Many thanks.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I add mine as a premixed liquid from a bottle to my 20-20-20 fertilizer, so that doesn't help much

But for the dry fertilizer I use called Masterblend, I use a ratio of 2 to 1, calcium nitrate to magnesium sulfate

For 1 gallon of water I mix 2 grams of calcium nitrate to 1 gram of magnesium sulfate

I believe you can mix them at this ratio and use it as a Cal Mag supplement

Let me see if I can call in someone more qualified to answer your question @Aqua Man , he usually comes on later in the afternoon

Edit: what type of calcium did you buy?

Sampagani

Sampagani

I add mine as a premixed liquid from a bottle to my 20-20-20 fertilizer, so that doesn't help much

But for the dry fertilizer I use called Masterblend, I use a ratio of 2 to 1, calcium nitrate to magnesium sulfate

For 1 gallon of water I mix 2 grams of calcium nitrate to 1 gram of magnesium sulfate

I believe you can mix them at this ratio and use it as a Cal Mag supplement

Let me see if I can call in someone more qualified to answer your question @Aqua Man , he usually comes on later in the afternoon

Edit: what type of calcium did you buy?
Thanks man!!
Please I've noticed that the leaves of my Northen Light N°2 curve down 30 min after I turn off the lights or there is no sun! But return to normal with light!! Is it a problem?
In addition, I used to check the soil humidity : if 3-5cm are dry so I water them if not I wait. I watered them 2 days ago and now when I check the soil by rinsing it in my hand, there still water! should I wait for the soil to dry or can I spry the solution with calcium and magnesium sulfate on the leaves?

IMG 20201105 161343
IMG 20201105 161336
Sampagani

Sampagani

what type of calcium did you buy?
I don't know frankly but I went to a specialized and well know shop for plants needs in my town and I bought the calcium in the uploaded pic.
I warmed 1 gallon of water and added 1 teaspoon of calcium and 1 teaspoon of magnesium sulfate. I turned the water to dissolve the added nutrients and I'm waiting for the water to cold down. I'll use foliar spray. What do you think?

IMG 20201105 182702
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't know frankly but I went to a specialized and well know shop for plants needs in my town and I bought the calcium in the uploaded pic.
I warmed 1 gallon of water and added 1 teaspoon of calcium and 1 teaspoon of magnesium sulfate. I turned the water to dissolve the added nutrients and I'm waiting for the water to cold down. I'll use foliar spray. What do you think?
Looks like calcium nitrate but that's obviously just a guess; above I mentioned you need a 2 to 1 ratio of calcium to magnesium

the liquid product I have has a 5 to 1.5 ratio of cal to mag

I would recommend waiting on someone with a proper chemistry background to chime in as I can only tell you as much as I already have above

Top Bottom