Autofems

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Well another newbie question. Lol, I'm running auto feminized seeds from fastbuds. I just have a few questions on a few different stages of the grow. I know to germinate you damp a paper towel fold the seeds up and place In a dark warm place for a couple days (12-48hrs) correct me if I'm wrong. So my question is the next step once the seeds have popped im placing them directly into 5 gallon buckets filled with ffof and 30-40%perlite. Is there any action I should take doing this? Should the soil be watered before I add the popped seeds?if so a thorough watering or just a light watering? And should you water the soil once the seed is placed in the soil? Should I cover the top of the bucket to help them pop through the soil? and how high should the 400w mh be at this stage?

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Germination process
Cup of water 12-18 hrs in warm dark place
Transfer to damp paper towel locate it in a warm dark place.
Plant when you see a nice little taproot.
I go into solo cups for 3 weeks and then transplant into 5 gal
Wet the whole cup then plant the seed then keep it moist until it throws real leaves, the start the water/dry process
Light should be about 3ft and move it closer as they get older till it's about 12-18in away

xavier7995

xavier7995

Be wary of watering. It makes sense to put an auto in the final container, but that is a big ol bucket of dirt and a tiny plant at this point so I would go light on watering. Maybe try to moisten just the soil in the immediate vicinity of where you put your sprout. I would get the soil to the desired moisture level before putting in the sprouted seed, it could sink down too far when you water.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Autos are a little testy. I put a cup of Starter soil in the middle of the FFarm soil. That way it doesn't get burned.and all you need is a 3 gal pot. 5 gal is to big,the roots won't fill that space and your waste water and nutes.
Put a CFL directly over it until you see the second set of leafs. Then change the
Light and by week 3 she should start showing her sexy side.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

Oh and once in the pot you only want to drip water around the perimeter of the plant, not drenching the whole pot.
STR8

xavier7995

xavier7995

Autos are a little testy. I put a cup of Starter soil in the middle of the FFarm soil. That way it doesn't get burned.and all you need is a 3 gal pot. 5 gal is to big,the roots won't fill that space and your waste water and nutes.
Put a CFL directly over it until you see the second set of leafs. Then change the
Light and by week 3 she should start showing her sexy side.
STR8
Cup a soil in the middle is an awesome idea, genius!

Edit: that was not meant facetiously. It is a really good idea.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

I would use fluorescents on the seedling first, that 400 mh could be a bit much for start
I would use fluorescents on the seedling first, that 400 mh could be a bit much for starters.
Thanks for the reply @Bannacis it's just a mind fuck. Just need to quit
Be wary of watering. It makes sense to put an auto in the final container, but that is a big ol bucket of dirt and a tiny plant at this point so I would go light on watering. Maybe try to moisten just the soil in the immediate vicinity of where you put your sprout. I would get the soil to the desired moisture level before putting in the sprouted seed, it could sink down too far when you water.
I figured a decent watering before hand then when the seed is put in the pot I would just use a spray bottle and mist that vicinity till it pops the soil then just use a light watering around the base

str8smokn

str8smokn

Cup a soil in the middle is an awesome idea, genius!

Edit: that was not meant facetiously. It is a really good idea.

Yea,I always put like a 12 oz cup of seed starter soil /light warrior for me in the middle of a 3 gal pot. That way it's got a little bit of time before it hits the FFOF . You know they say it's hot soil as is, but I find it only with Autos at first.
STR8

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Yea,I always put like a 12 oz cup of seed starter soil /light warrior for me in the middle of a 3 gal pot. That way it's got a little bit of time before it hits the FFOF . You know they say it's hot soil as is, but I find it only with Autos at first.
STR8
Does sound like a good idea any specific kind of seed starter soil?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Does sound like a good idea any specific kind of seed starter soil?
I use Fox a Farm " light warrior " .
But any coco base will work to. Just nothing with strong nutes.
I've used Jiffy seed starter, I've used Jiffy pucks and hydrated and then tore apart and used.
So whatever you have should work as long as it's a seed starter.
STR8

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't get why people complicate popping seeds. I seriously just got 100 out of 100 to pop just planting in straight foxfarms ocean forest . some people say its too hot . I've never had an issue here is a pic im down to 96 after culling a few mutants and runts I also forgot to water one and it died also I have yet to feed anything besides the bigger girls in coco going on i think 3 or 4 weeks now
20161109 172507

str8smokn

str8smokn

I don't get why people complicate popping seeds. I seriously just got 100 out of 100 to pop just planting in straight foxfarms ocean forest . some people say its too hot . I've never had an issue here is a pic im down to 96 after culling a few mutants and runts I also forgot to water one and it died also I have yet to feed anything besides the bigger girls in coco going on i think 3 or 4 weeks nowView attachment 645092
Have you popped your Auto AK47 in it too.
They could probably get burned by it,they will survive but it could stunt them a couple weeks.
That's just my experience with autos.. But if they are reg photo plant seeds then yes straight in the Ocean Forest.
STR8

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you popped your Auto AK47 in it too.
They could probably get burned by it,they will survive but it could stunt them a couple weeks.
That's just my experience with autos.. But if they are reg photo plant seeds then yes straight in the Ocean Forest.
STR8
Yeah man they were part of that 100 seed drop I did once they got like 2 weeks in i transferred to coco

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I like to just put my seeds in starter plugs, root riot or jiffy plugs, just keep them moist. After they pop I put them in their final pots as I was told autos stunt if transplanted, I remove the net on jiffy plugs.

Top Bottom