Autoflower and photoperiod in 2×4 tent

• Thread starter SavageSiren420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SavageSiren420

SavageSiren420

So I ordered a bunch of seeds and there's a guarantee on germination for 60 days from when I receive them. So that means I would need to start them all within 60 days in order to meet the deadline for the guarantee. So I started 4 packs of 3 seeds. My plan was to do a SOG and just keep them small but then I realized 2 strains are autoflowers. Total I have 9 seeds out of 12 that germinated. 4 autoflowers and 5 photo period. I have a 2x4 tent. I have 7 more seeds to start and 6 of them are autoflower. I figure ill wait till like day 55 to start them but for my 4 autos and 5 photo period plants is there a way I can squeeze them into my 2x4x6 tent or am I gonna need to buy another entire set up? Lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
you like your guarantees I see😹
I guarantee you will need to add another tent. 👍

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Well... that's too bad. It will probably become a management issue. I'd say treat them as photo periods as it won't matter to the autoflowers but will to the others.
Once the autos start flowering, they should have different nutes than the others. Possibly different lighting. Start with 18/6 now and flip to 12/12 in 3-4 weeks (typically).

I would plan some sort of lighting management strategy. You may not be able to do a SOG, but a SCROG would work. Consider how you might raise the pots of the shorter plants to help balance the canopy height. And figure on LST and mainlining the photos to keep them from overtopping the autos.

I would not start any more seeds! Your seeds are quite likely to be good this time next year if you just pack them well and toss them into a dark drawer.

Squeezing is right. That 2x4 is going to be packed. Do not let the photos get too tall before flipping the lights.

DanC520

DanC520

First, I would not plan your grow around a seed germination guarantee. If ones you germ don’t pop in the 60 day window, sure reach out. Beyond that chalk any future no-shows up to learning. Chances are you’ll want to run something different anyways.

As far as your question re: photos and autos in same tent, it’s fine. I did it my last run. Just change light to 12/12 when photo ready to flip. If auto gets enough light, should still be fine. 9 plants is a bit much. But I’ve see 8 in one np. Shears and SOG is in your future.

SavageSiren420

SavageSiren420

I wasn't aware if the guarantee the first time I ordered from this bank and only 1 out of 5 actually made it to harvest which was kind of disappointing. The fact that they are by far the cheapest bank I have found that ship to US and they have excellent customer service (in my experience so far) is why I choose them the first time but because only 1 plant made it to harvest i wasn't going to order from them again untill I found the info on the guarantee and since I just got my taxes back I was like oh s*** I'm gonna stock up then I was like oh wait I only have 1 tent and I just ordered 19 seeds +3 bonus seeds (guarantee don't cover bonus seeds) and its a 60 guarantee... uh oh... lol being that 2 out of a 3 pack have to fail to germinate in order to have them replaced I figured I'd be safe to start 4 packs of 3 thinking they wouldn't all germinate anyway I figured I'd end up with probably 5 or 6 plants again this is based on my experience with the first batch of seeds. Nope 9 out of 12 popped. I started 3 amnesia, 3 Northern lights, 3 sour desiel auto, and 3 ak420 auto. 1amnesia and 2 ak420 seeds failed to germinate and its been 3 days now. To be honest iv never grown autos so I'm not even sure what to expect. I thought you couldn't train them like photoperiod plants? How do autos do in hydro? We want a 2nd tent anyhow so this might just justify spending the money lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom