Autoflower help and information - ask me here

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seraphim19

I have a thread already with some "accurate info on autoflowering plants" but I wanted a place where people could come to me with any question and I could give answers without making the other threads untidy.

So should you have any questions, queries or just need to get a second opinion feel free to ask me anything auto flower related and I will do my best to help.

lino

lino

can running 22 hours of lite on and 3 hours dark make bigger buds than shorter daylite hours? I'm guessing this will increase bud size,,,, any study in this area???? sorry I come up with weird ideas,,, I was going to run ruderalis in 30 hours lite on and 4 hours of dark to see how the plants performed...

lino

lino

Do you find ruderalis characteristics to be dominate over most strains that are not ruderalis ( I;m speaking of the ruderalis auto flower character)?

In other words does the cross make a plant that will be a ruddy or
when crossed is it more likely to not be a ruddy and not auto flower and need 12 hour of dark to induce flowers?

Curious if you have noted this trait.

S

Seraphim19

wat is the best purple auto that can be grown outdoors and is promix the best soil to grow autos in ?
a 100% purple auto that will grow out doors is purple kush by Buddah seeds, it has a floral smell and taste with a undercurrent of berries, its gives more of a cerebral buzz so if you want something hard hitting that will sit you down for the night I would go with sweet seeds red family, which consist of red poison, black cream and dark devil.

for the best results ensure that you plant outside once you have 12 hours plus of daylight time, planting outside before this will give you small plants.

Promix is a too nutrient rich for autos in their early stages and often causes nutrient burn, I recommend using a light soil mix and then there shouldn't be any problems. The soil I would suggest is plagron light mix

S

Seraphim19

can running 22 hours of lite on and 3 hours dark make bigger buds than shorter daylite hours? I'm guessing this will increase bud size,,,, any study in this area???? sorry I come up with weird ideas,,, I was going to run ruderalis in 30 hours lite on and 4 hours of dark to see how the plants performed...

running any cycle that is unnatural will cause unnatural results.
I always work on a 24 hrs light rotation and I have found 20/4 to be the most productive lighting schedule to use. some use 24/0 others 18/6.

I would say that any of these schedules will produce good bud, but after experimenting myself I have found that autos like a bit of down time to sleep and produce better with some dark hours. And side by side grows under 18 and 20 hrs light showed a noticeable difference in yield, that's why I always recommend going with 20 hrs light 4 hrs dark.

lino

lino

running any cycle that is unnatural will cause unnatural results.
I always work on a 24 hrs light rotation and I have found 20/4 to be the most productive lighting schedule to use. some use 24/0 others 18/6.

I would say that any of these schedules will produce good bud, but after experimenting myself I have found that autos like a bit of down time to sleep and produce better with some dark hours. And side by side grows under 18 and 20 hrs light showed a noticeable difference in yield, that's why I always recommend going with 20 hrs light 4 hrs dark.
I was going to push the hours up,,, I found ruddy much more stress resistant so I was going to push to 30 on and 4 hrs off .
I'll let ya know what happens unless you;ve tested this and think this will cause problems.. I have seen some strains not like this at all....

S

Seraphim19

Do you find ruderalis characteristics to be dominate over most strains that are not ruderalis ( I;m speaking of the ruderalis auto flower character)?

In other words does the cross make a plant that will be a ruddy or
when crossed is it more likely to not be a ruddy and not auto flower and need 12 hour of dark to induce flowers?

Curious if you have noted this trait.

the autoflowering gene is a strong one and you will not need too many crosses to get your strains auto.
the first cross of a photo and an auto plant will produce around 70% early finishing photo period plants, 15% normal photoperiod plants and 15% autoflowering plants.
The autos you will get from the first cross wont be apparent unless you are testing for them, as it can take as long as two months of a 24hr lights on environment for them to start flowering.

on the next couple of crosses you will see increasing amounts of the seeds producing autoflowering plants and by the time you have done 5 crosses you should have a 100% autoflowering strain. this of course depends on the selection of breeding stock for the autoflowering trait.

S

Seraphim19

I was going to push the hours up,,, I found ruddy much more stress resistant so I was going to push to 30 on and 4 hrs off .
I'll let ya know what happens unless you;ve tested this and think this will cause problems.. I have seen some strains not like this at all....

please let me know your results as I have had my lights on a 24hr timer for years so its an experiment I haven't tried,

lino

lino

I had some real questions and I was testing you.... You;ve done your homework Seraphim... Thanks a bunch and I will have some more real questions coming at you... thanks for the good info and nice thread.

S

Seraphim19

Salutations Seraphim19,

Great idea, here comes on-line support in quick/accessible McDo style!!
41.gif

Well, i've got one question on my mind all right: what would be the ideal colloidal silver concentration if i wanted to kill mite eggs on autofem plants while still avoiding interference with their female ethylene hormone?

N.B.: Instead of the usual basic setup i'd be using a constant-current CS generator to obtain a relatively linear particule size profile.

7.gif
I am not sure of the answer to that one as I have never tried using colloidal silver to kill mite eggs. To me its not worth it, why run the risk of turning your plant male?
I would say you are better off getting some ladybugs and putting them in your grow space, thy will kill all types of mites, thrips etc.. and all in a natural way that will not affect your plant

I will however ask a Colloidal silver expert I know if he has the answer to the concentration question

oregonized

oregonized

Is there anyone on the bay who has Auto's or does an Auto drop from time to time?
#2 I saw a few mentions above, but is there a couple of strains for outdoors w/ max of 18 hours of light? Im at 45 N and would like to do an early outdoor harvest experiment in pots.

Thank you!

S

Seraphim19

Is there anyone on the bay who has Auto's or does an Auto drop from time to time?
#2 I saw a few mentions above, but is there a couple of strains for outdoors w/ max of 18 hours of light? Im at 45 N and would like to do an early outdoor harvest experiment in pots.

Thank you!
#1 I don't think there are any autos on the bay yet
#2 there are quite a few auto strains out there that will perform well at your latitude, all my outdoor suitable strains were bred at 53 north and if planted in late april(once the light hours have increased a bit) in big pots they perform well. If you were after a list of possible strains let me know and I will see what I can dig up for you.

S

Seraphim19

do u breed yer own auto strains bro, or ya just prefer workin with 'em?

neverbreak
I breed my own strains. I have been developing my strains since around 2005, so you can see it hasn't been a quick process.
So far I have got 7 strains tested and ready to go, 3 still being tweaked so they will be ready by the end of the year(hopefully) and loads more under development.

Currently I am working on auto Columbian gold, auto girl scout cookies, and auto chocolate

neverbreak

neverbreak

I breed my own strains. I have been developing my strains since around 2005, so you can see it hasn't been a quick process.
So far I have got 7 strains tested and ready to go, 3 still being tweaked so they will be ready by the end of the year(hopefully) and loads more under development.

Currently I am working on auto Columbian gold, auto girl scout cookies, and auto chocolate

sounds awesome bro. how do ya go about takin a strain like gsc n turnin it auto? surely ya must lose some of the desirable traits in the process?

neverbreak

S

Seraphim19

sounds awesome bro. how do ya go about takin a strain like gsc n turnin it auto? surely ya must lose some of the desirable traits in the process?

neverbreak

The quick answer is no I don't lose any of the desirable traits.

The better answer is that many years ago I created a number of base strain autos. I use these base autos to cross with photos and get better results.

An example of this is I have a base strain I call sweet talker. As you may have guessed it is a very sweet strain and I used it to cross with some of the sweetest photos I could find to create a strain I call treacle. So by having the traits I am trying to develop present in both parents it makes it easier to keep them in the offspring.

That being said the real secret is time, patience and dedication. to get a strain right usually takes me 3 - 6 years of crossing, backcrossing and stabilising. this is the real key to maintaining the desired traits.

lastly I will add that I am not just turning these strains auto, I am also putting my own spin on them and hopefully improving on them, so some things will be different but not worse

oregonized

oregonized

Salutations Oregonized,
My city is located at a latitude of ~46.5 ° North and there's never been 18 hours of daylight around here:
According to this resource even our mayor at city hall can't hope for more than 15h49 during 10 days and those are centered around June 21st...
;)
Yet i prefer autoflowering cannabis plants myself and i've always tried to pick reasonably short (but sticky) strains. The AutoMaria II from Paradise Seeds reached about 19 inches under the sunlight of an indoor window sill and i intend to give Joint Doctor's Purple Ryder #2 a good try next April. The GoHS Big Bang Auto is another i had which didn't grow tall neither.
This is all approximative but the SeedFinder database was a precious guide for me, well at least i never got trees instead of bushes...
:D

Egz, you are right, I was adding in twilight and such. Didn't know if that makes a difference. Probably not a big deal.....

I will certainly research all of those, as I am virtually clueless on Auto's. But my outdoor situation would benefit greatly from enhancing my knowledge on them!

#1 I don't think there are any autos on the bay yet
Are you going to do a drop at some point Seraphim, lol, Columbian Gold caught my attention.. as an auto?!!
#2 there are quite a few auto strains out there that will perform well at your latitude, all my outdoor suitable strains were bred at 53 north and if planted in late april(once the light hours have increased a bit) in big pots they perform well. If you were after a list of possible strains let me know and I will see what I can dig up for you.

Literally I am clueless as to the choices, but I wanna research Egz selections for sure..I am really stuck on obscure flavors of the month from the past...I was looking at the Romulan Cheese and Cabin Fever's Kali Goo.

Finding auto's based on Uk Cheese or Afghani Goo or Hashplant would be awesome!

Last edited:
neverbreak

neverbreak

The quick answer is no I don't lose any of the desirable traits.

The better answer is that many years ago I created a number of base strain autos. I use these base autos to cross with photos and get better results.

An example of this is I have a base strain I call sweet talker. As you may have guessed it is a very sweet strain and I used it to cross with some of the sweetest photos I could find to create a strain I call treacle. So by having the traits I am trying to develop present in both parents it makes it easier to keep them in the offspring.

That being said the real secret is time, patience and dedication. to get a strain right usually takes me 3 - 6 years of crossing, backcrossing and stabilising. this is the real key to maintaining the desired traits.

lastly I will add that I am not just turning these strains auto, I am also putting my own spin on them and hopefully improving on them, so some things will be different but not worse

nice one homie, lookin forward to seein ya release a few of these n seein what they're like.

neverbreak

Top Bottom