• Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

See man they bounce right back.
IMAG0133
IMAG0134

Tyson79

Tyson79

Well.... i learned the hard way how much you can stress the main stem before it breaks. I checked my plants this morning and the green crack main stem had broken in half some time during the night or yesterday. The top 4 inches snapped off. I think that included 2 nodes. I'm going to let it ride and see how it grows now. Unexpected new experiment. The top that broke off is trimmed at the bottom, dipped in root hormone and planted in a different pot. Don't know what will happen now, but i still have the white widow :-).

Tyson79

Tyson79

Yeah, close to 30 days. The top is pretty wilted now. Don't think it is going to root before it dies. Oh well. Still got plenty of side branches on the main plant.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks. I learned from the bubblicious grow to add nutrients sooner (week 3). By week 4 or 5 i had some nitrogen issues last time.
About what strength did you first give them at week 3 as in 21 days or somewhere around day 15? I want to get the best jump that I can!

Tyson79

Tyson79

I started my first grow at 1/4 strength, but I ended up with nitrogen deficiencies. So now I start at 1/2 strength around weeks 2-3, and get it to full strength by weeks 5-6.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Awesome. So how did the green crack turn out after you broke the main stem?

Tyson79

Tyson79

It ended up filling 3 quart mason jars with very fat and dense buds. Very stick and very potent. No complaints at all.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Did it make all the side branches shoot up, and how long did it go for?

Tyson79

Tyson79

It ended up being a shorter fatter plant, but the buds were large on almost every branch. Usually I have a few large buds and tons of small ones.

I wish I could give you an exact time on the growth. I forgot to keep a journal on that grow. I think it was close to 12-14 weeks though.

Panacea79

Panacea79

talk to some others first but I would be looking at shaving her legs mate let all the "goodness"focus on the top of ur plant
Ok, im growing a Heavyweight Fast n' Vast right now, about 2 1/2 weeks or so into veg...Now, just so y'all know I pretty much ch grow ONLY AUTOS mainly for space/time constraints...anyway, I have always employed SOME kind and f techniques whether it be FIMing/topping, LST, pruning or 'leg shaving, lollipopping(?) and they've usually been rewarding experiences (I pulled about 6 1/2 oz off ONE of my autos that was gifted to me)...all this being said, I'd imagine that my current effort (fast vast) will live up to its name and yield a good bit. I guess my question(s) would be: WHICH 'techniques should I employ to maximize yield AND make the most use of the tent space I have as I've given ALL OF IT over to just the ONE plant (I usually run 2 in a 24"X24"X48" tent)?? I was thinking of training the MAIN STEM to 'coil' in a spiral around the pot, trying to make a large but even canopy; maybe some topping or FIMing and/or some supercropping (although I've read that such HST methods aren't 'encouraged' on AUTOS, especially the supercrop, because AUTOS lifespans don't not really allow time for it to 'recover' in a timely manner...ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! and, remember, keep em purple, pink, blue, orange, bright green, red or whatever but MOST OF ALL....KEEP EM GROWING!!!

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I don't recommend getting to aggressive with a strain you don't know. Also don't do any topping or fim when she's small or you can really stunt them. I grow them in dwc so they are always big plants. The best way I've found to control height without any real slow in growth is to squeeze the main stem towards the top. Not completely crush to where it can't stand anymore just slightly crush. The side branches will catch up. You may have to squeeze the stem multiple times over weeks. The last plant I did it 4 times I believe.

That being said when I know I have a huge strain that's gonna go over 70 days I'll treat basically the same as a photo. Lollipop,top,scrog,fim it doesn't really matter. But if you go to hard you will hurt yield

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Here's the last plant I did my squeeze method on. The sides catch up good.View attachment 618441View attachment 618442View attachment 618443View attachment 618444
are you just squeezing a lil or do you actually crush some of the inner vessels in the main stem? I guess what I am actually wondering is if we are damaging some of the vessels, that the plant signals other branches to grow quicker and pushes nutes to that part of the plant, but since you didn't crush most of them such as in super cropping, then it doesn't necessarily send all nutes to lower branches but just a majority. Controlling where the plant focuses its energy is the golden nugget here.

Top Bottom