Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days

• Thread starter Tartarini
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tartarini

Tartarini

Hi Im a first time grower.This is a OG kush auto from sensible seeds. Its advertised as a 9 week auto. Its day 48 Im only seeing a few hairs on main branches and nothing on the flower. Can you check it out and give me some advice. I planted 2 of these OG kush one topped and one untopped. The topped plant started pistil hairs after day 33. Im on an 18/6 schedule. The average temperature is 80 degrees. After about 16 hours the leaves start to droop so i turn off the light as I dont want to kill the plant. When I open the tent in the morning the leaves are standing straight up. Any ideas on what may be the problem.
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 2
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 3
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 4
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 5
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 6
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 6
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 7
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 8
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 9
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 10
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 11
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 12
Autoflower not showing pistils after 48 days 13

Tartarini

Tartarini

What do you think is causing the leaves to droop after 16 hours. Is that normal. Thanks for the advice.

Tartarini

Tartarini

With so few pistils on a auto after 48 days you don't think I need to worry. Thanks.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
With so few pistils on a auto after 48 days you don't think I need to worry. Thanks.
You could always try and flip the light schedule to 12/12 and see if that initiates faster bud onset. I did also notice you may need to bend that main stem sideways at a 45 degree angle if it’s touching the light. @Moshmen i know you grow some great autos, what do you think.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Will I keep it at 12/12 until the end of the grow?
Don’t do anything just yet.. I need some feedback from some more experienced growers of autos. Let’s not jump to conclusions just yet.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
@Dr.B ?? You grow autos as well. Any thoughts?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
In the mean time, I found this thread with some great information regarding auto flowers. Some can go as long as 11 weeks. If you have time read through that thread. Knowledge is power.

Dr.B

Dr.B

BurnzYzBudZz post: 2449729 said:
@Dr.B ?? You grow autos as well. Any thoughts?
I don't! I'm sorry.

I only read about them. I'm a photo guy. This plant looks very healthy. Good structure, a little busy at the base for leaves, airflow might be a bit of an issue. 80 is maybe a tad warm? I'm not getting any alarm bells aside from the clock running out in 25 days or so... They do seem like they should be further along to some degree, (but again...) I wouldn't nail myself to that timeline though. This could likely end up going longer than 9 weeks, (correct me if I'm wrong, I know more auto history than auto cultivation.) judge it on bud development not a clock.

@BurnzYzBudZz didn't get a notification on your tag, apologies.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Me neither sorry for the late response
I never go by breeder info anymore, sometimes they almost correct but most times they flower longer. , at this point I wouldn’t worry to much , even sisters can flower different I just had one finish in 85 days and her sister started at the same time took 100 .
Occasionally I have had a couple that were missing the auto gene and only flowered under 12/12 I have one blue dream that this happed to right now.

They lookin good and I would change a thing for couple more weeks

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Me neither sorry for the late response
I never go by breeder info anymore, sometimes they almost correct but most times they flower longer. , at this point I wouldn’t worry to much , even sisters can flower different I just had one finish in 85 days and her sister started at the same time took 100 .
Occasionally I have had a couple that were missing the auto gene and only flowered under 12/12 I have one blue dream that this happed to right now.

They lookin good and I would change a thing for couple more weeks
Thanks mosh. I agree they most always go longer. My photo is a “51” day finisher supposedly. I’ll be around 70 before I chop. OP I would just keep riding it out or try flipping to 12/12 for a week or so and see if that forces the plant to flower.
Your plants look great.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The plant is definitely happy. Droop is no issue. She might just be genetically weird and either not auto flower or take a little longer. It happens. She is definitely quite happy though lol.

e_heroi

e_heroi

the plant looks very good bro. some autos are like that and i really think your auto might take even 11 weeks till harvest. just keep doing what you are doing it works very well till now

Tartarini

Tartarini

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Ill take your advice and wait a couple of weeks.
If there are no changes I'll switch to 12/12. All your advice is greatly appreciated.
I'm in Asia that's why my response seems delayed.

Tartarini

Tartarini

Thanks mosh. I agree they most always go longer. My photo is a “51” day finisher supposedly. I’ll be around 70 before I chop. OP I would just keep riding it out or try flipping to 12/12 for a week or so and see if that forces the plant to flower.
Your plants look great.
Its been 5 days and my plant branches seem to be getting thinner and the leaves seem to be contracting. I cant tell whats going on with the buds. What do you think.

20200714 073701
20200714 080657
20200714 080707
20200707 070324
Top Bottom