Autoflower Over-grow

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Are there certain autoflower strains that will continue to grow bigger and better past the breeder's recommended grow time? I was researching a particular strain, Ultra Lemon Haze Auto from AutoSeeds, and I saw this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To create Ultra Lemon Haze we crossed the Cannabis Cup winning Lemon Haze with a select Sour Diesel developed in northern California. This was then crossed with our Auto #1 to produce a stable strain that is truly unique.

Characteristics
  • Type: Sativa
  • Height: 60cm-140cm
  • THC: 19-21%
  • Harvest: 65-70 days
  • Stone: Sativa High
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it says 65-70 days. Farther down in the description, it says this:

"...Due to the dominance of the Sativa genes and low percentage of Ruderalis, this is not a standard autoflowering variety. For optimum yield and maximum psycho activity (THC content) 90+ days is recommended. Indoors special care must be taken. Unlike other autos the best light cycle for Ultra Lemon Haze is 12-16 hours...."

Is this typical?
If you run an autoflower past its recommended time, will it get more powerful and yield more?
Or, does this only apply to certain strains?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have only grown one pack of autos. Greenhouse seeds auto northern lights.

From the 5 seeds there were a few different plants. The earliest went about 10 weeks from sprout and yielded 2 ounces and change. The longest was almost 14 weeks and gave a quarter pound.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Any feminized seeds will either be S1 or R1.
F1 is a regular hybrid.

S1 = Feminized seeds that are made by self-pollinating a female plant with it's own pollen.

R1 = Feminized seeds that are made by pollinating one female plant with the pollen of a separate female plant.

F1 = Regular seeds that are made by pollinating a female plant with pollen from a male plant.

Most Auto Fems are S1.

If they are doing R1, then you will have a lot of variation, even if the plants are the same variety.
I think yours must have been R1.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Any feminized seeds will either be S1 or R1.
F1 is a regular hybrid.

S1 = Feminized seeds that are made by self-pollinating a female plant with it's own pollen.

R1 = Feminized seeds that are made by pollinating one female plant with the pollen of a separate female plant.

F1 = Regular seeds that are made by pollinating a female plant with pollen from a male plant.

Most Auto Fems are S1.

If they are doing R1, then you will have a lot of variation, even if the plants are the same variety.
I think yours must have been R1.

I never heard the r-1 designation. I thought female polinating female was still f-1.

And the variation depends on the breeding of the parents. Some companies fems show only a few phenotypes in my garden and some companies are all over the place like you are saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom