Autoflower

• Thread starter Tll7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tll7

Tll7

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here and I’ll be starting my first grow in a few weeks. I’ll be growing a sensiseeds northern lights auto and a dinafem industrial cbd auto in a 4’x4’x8’ grow box. I have a 2’x8 t5 ho fixture for above lighting and a 4’ t5 ho strip in each corner of the box. Unfortunately I’m dealing with some heat issues and while I am putting in some more exhaust ventilation I probably will only be able to get the temps down to around 80 with restricted side lighting usage.

To combat this i will be running the lights at night when my grow area is cooler. I was also wondering if anyone has any experience using an intermittent light cycle. Not really sure if that’s a term. I’m planning on doing a 20/4 lighting schedule but was wondering what would happen if i setup my timers to run the lights 5 hours on, one hour off, five hours on, one hour off, over and over again. With photos this would obviously be a problem but would it effect autos at all? They would still be getting 20 hrs of light a day just not all at once. This way the box could cool down for an hour which should help lower temperatures a lot.

I was told on a different forum that running lights like this would cause “herniation and re-vegging”. Not really sure what herniation is and I thought auto flowers don’t really re-veg but i could be wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Smithygreen

Smithygreen

I breed and grow autos. I grow mine at 24hr on all the time. I tried the 20 and 4. 18 and 6 and also 12 and 12. If you want the most potent and highest yielding auto. 24 on is where its at. Like I said I breed and grow my own autos. I care not what others are saying on this issue as some keyboard quaterback will prolly chime in and be like " but you need lights off for roots and stuff", pay it no mind and about your temps. 80 degrees is fine just need good air movement above and below the plants. I have had mine up to 84 degrees and been just fine. You are correct autos will not reveg. They have a short life span and the more energy you pump into them, the more you get. Hence 24 hr lighting. I have grown thousands upon thousands and even when breeding and seeding I use 24 hr on. The only thing I can say about hermies is either they are stable or not. I have learned that autos hate high stress training methods. Dont cut them unless its just fan leaves. Use low stress methods. You will be fine. If growing in your house no CO2 is needed as the home occupants will keep levels around 600 to 900 ppm by breathing it out. If doing 24 hr on you can feed slightly higher nutrients. You will neeed to water slightly more as well. Also autos love calcium, magnesium and maganese especially when budding.

My feed schedule strenght in hydro
Week 1-no nutes
Week 2-150 ppm
Week 3-250 ppm
Week 4- usually first week of flowering 400ppm
Week 5- 500 ppm
Week 6- till flush 650 to 700 ppm

This is for a 24 hr on schedule.
Beware with the nutrient deficiencies. The first sign I usually see with autos. Is the cal-mag and maganese. It will start on the bottom leaves and work its way up.

Good luck I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom