Autoflowers, wasting time with Photoperiods?

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I am still new to growing and have only done photoperiod from seed. Initially it was for bigger plants and bigger, more potent yields. I do enjoy training my plants but I only have a 3x3x6 tent so I keep my plants small. I veg for 6-8 weeks then flower for 8-9 weeks and get around 2-3oz per plant. (1g/watt @ 300w max).

Am I wasting my time with photos if autos can give me a similar yeild in half the time?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I am still new to growing and have only done photoperiod from seed. Initially it was for bigger plants and bigger, more potent yields. I do enjoy training my plants but I only have a 3x3x6 tent so I keep my plants small. I veg for 6-8 weeks then flower for 8-9 weeks and get around 2-3oz per plant. (1g/watt @ 300w max).

Am I wasting my time with photos if autos can give me a similar yeild in half the time?

Now take what im about to say NOT AS FACT because im not gonna go dig up research to prove anything im about to say ok.

I'm my understanding Autos do not produce the same potency as photo periods.. You may get a decent yeild but the potency is lacking, thats my understanding I'm not an expert on autos i've not grown them out because of this potency problem, Some people have autos there very proud of idk.

Grow a few and see if you like em, i got a cpl growing so far im not impressed with the speed and size compared to a photo period and a cpl cheeses died shortly after birth.. Given that it has sub par genetics added with rudarellis(spelling) I would call it a subpar plant to begin with.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Now take what im about to say NOT AS FACT because im not gonna go dig up research to prove anything im about to say ok.

I'm my understanding Autos do not produce the same potency as photo periods.. You may get a decent yeild but the potency is lacking, thats my understanding I'm not an expert on autos i've not grown them out because of this potency problem, Some people have autos there very proud of idk.

Grow a few and see if you like em, i got a cpl growing so far im not impressed with the speed and size compared to a photo period and a cpl cheeses died shortly after birth.. Given that it has sub par genetics added with rudarellis(spelling) I would call it a subpar plant to begin with.

Lol ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I grew autos that were quite potent but honestly not as good as the photoperiod seeds i moved on to.

And they didnt save much time. Out of 5 autos 1 finished in 3.5 months and the last one 4.5 months. So really not much faster overall.

just my experience.

Reactions: Ina
newh

newh

If you want to try autos do some looking around the seed banks for something you might like and give em a go.Ive had some really nice autos ,Ive had some duds too but I still smoked them or gifted it away.This is xxl white widow auto from Dinafem. potent with pretty good yields

20170603 165418
Top Bottom