Automated grows

• Thread starter drunknbass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drunknbass

drunknbass

How many people run setups to automate and monitor grows?
I'm a software/hardware developer and have wanted to make an open source solution (based off something like arduino) to do this, run cams, iPhone client, etc. but open source so you could just buy the stuff and DIY.

Once I stumble onto a site where someone was doing something similar and I believe it was based off a PIC micro controller., but can't find any info now.

jagle

jagle

well if you wanna go the arduino root.

a temp sensor, humidity sensor, maybe a wind/breeze sensor would be easy things to get going into arduino.

Webcam i dunno about with arduino, but using a computer in the room with a webcam hooked up to it, with the arduino too, allows the computer in the grow room to monitor everything, then you could vnc, or whatever into this machine, bobs your uncle

drunknbass

drunknbass

well if you wanna go the arduino root.

a temp sensor, humidity sensor, maybe a wind/breeze sensor would be easy things to get going into arduino.

Webcam i dunno about with arduino, but using a computer in the room with a webcam hooked up to it, with the arduino too, allows the computer in the grow room to monitor everything, then you could vnc, or whatever into this machine, bobs your uncle

Yea, but even for the cheap you can get perfectly good smartphones that can run Linux. Palm pres sell for 5$ on eBay and are more than capable of replacing the computer.(with cam)

jagle

jagle

Yea, but even for the cheap you can get perfectly good smartphones that can run Linux. Palm pres sell for 5$ on eBay and are more than capable of replacing the computer.(with cam)

which can interface with arduino?

drunknbass

drunknbass

which can interface with arduino?

Over USB yea. There are so many last years model smart phones out there nobody wants(or have broken screens, etc) that sell for next to nothing that can be used in really creative ways.

jordam

jordam

I feel a onewire - usb - linux solution seems appropriate
Eventually I hope to try it but Im A bit caught up in other things at the moment and too new of a grower.

Top Bottom