Automatic Irrigation System

• Thread starter artcore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

artcore

Within 3 or 4 weeks will harvest and before next run I want to install an automatic irrigation system to be used with coco or soil.

One of my concern is, how to make all plants receive the same amount of water?!...

The bottom of my cab will have a tray/reservoir (60L) for all pots, the run off water is waste, the tray/reservoir at the bottom will have a tube which connects directly to the home sewer.

Out of the cab will have a second reservoir (45L) with a water pump and with help of gravity, the part of the lines is what makes me a bit of confusion, ordered on ebay various types of accessories to have several options for installing the system for SOG with 4 plants per square ft, 21 plants in total.

If the system has a good water pressure may be easier to ensure that all plants receive the same amount of water, is there any formula to calculate the required pressure?

The accessories:
Systemcoco

I already have 1/4 tube and I am thinking to order some valves control the flow, both sprinklers have valve, will use 1 gallon pots (3.5L) and the idea is that each plant receives about 1.5 liters in 15 minutes, any ideas?... how to make all plants receive the same amount of water?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Put all the pots on a tray and just water them from the bottom. You would just need to figure out your volume that you would need for them to soak up.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Wait let me get this straight...4 1 gallon pots per sq ft? Are they touching?

And you want to water each one 1500ml, which would equate to a gallon and a half per sq ft, 24 gallons to 16sq ft. (4' x 4')

A

artcore

Bottom feeding it's out of the question because of the accumulation of salts.

Currently I have 14 plants from seed in the same space in 5 liter pots drinking 35 liters every 4 days... yes, 4 1 gallon pots per sq ft (clones no veg time), the pots do not touch but the distance between them is minimal

A

artcore

my bloom cab has 4ftx2ft, is quite small, I've be doing scrogs but I think with sog will improve my canopy

A

artcore

After much reading on the subject I think the only way to ensure that all plants receive the same water is having a water pump with high-pressure, system will be powered by a hailea hx-4500 (36w 2000l/H), will also change the number of pots, 21 to 18.

Dunge

Dunge

At only two weeks into my Blumat test.
Clean water only into 12 3 gallon pots of super soil.
My test plant has not changed its weight by more than 300 grams once it stabilized from the saturation watering that the original placement required.
It just sits there at mid weight between saturation and too dry.
If these things hold up it will change my world.
Water supply is a hanging bucket.
Just keep water in the bucket.
I can do that.
And each re-up to a target fill is a real time water use report.

Just purchased another 12 pack and hope they work as well in 6 inch pots.

Top Bottom