Automatic Water leak detector and alarm?

• Thread starter Rabbi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rabbi

Anyone ever see these?.....only $13.00 would be nice to know if and when the problem starts, i think.

Untitled
J

Jalisco Kid

I am not familar with those but it is a good idea. I use irrigation timers to run a few things. They have a rain sensor that will shutdown my pump and valves it it senses moisture. JK

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

man you can get those for little of nothing at places like lowes.

what it is i believe is there are two metal conductive posts on the bottom. in air they dont connect but as soon as they are connected via water (or any conductive item i would guess) that lets it know it's time to sound the alarm! simple and cheap! the only thing i dont like about them is i dont want anything sounding like a home alarm going off in my grow room. i dont want anyone to ever think the police need to be called to kick in my door or looking for intruders unless it is my real home alarm.

there are many inexpensive pieces of equipment used for server rooms that do this and then will sms or email you alters. you can do this with humidity, temp and flooding. i'm going to email a buddy who just put them in his server room and I'll post them up here i think they are only like $100 for a good one.

Olyver

Olyver

When you're away and a flood or leak occurs, some water sensors will shut off power to pumps, close solenoid valves, even turn off ballasts. A bit expensive but worth it if you have dozens of buckets or tables and several pumps, for feeding and flushing.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol that link is for ladies gloves

R

Rabbi

Ya its one of those one deal a day sites. the item is only up for that day. Thank you I'll close it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom