Automation Question

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I getting ready to build out my flowing room. I'm trying to decide when unit to get for co2 (fuzzy). I'm going to use a window shaker, will the built in temp thermostat be okay or do I need to include that in the meter abilities? What about humidity? I have to ruin a humidifier since rh here is very low. Put that on meter too or use built in? And should I get a meter that controls lights or just use an intermatic style timer?

S

stemznseedz

AC
Where the ac is located, how much airflow you have and how accurate the ac is are all factors. another factor does your ac save settings and auto turn on when the power is cycled. If it doesn't kick back on if you unplug it and plug it back in you can't externally control it.

Humidity
Humidity will be dependant on how many plants you have. you could be in the desert but if you have a sealed room it's irrelevant if you got 20 5 gal pots in there getting 20 gal of water a day. you will need to prepare to dehumidify even if you have low RH ambiently. Most of the water plants uptake goes right into the air and they drink a lot in peak flower. The benefit of an external controller would be if it has a remote sensor that can be placed in an optimal spot. Again this also is dependant on how good your airflow is because if it's good it doesn't matter as much where it's at in the room.

Light Controller
if you have too many lights to run on a regular 15a timer and you will need to use two or more timers a controller that can keep them all in sync is by far the preference but it can be done without one. if you have just one light there is no need. These light controllers usually plug into the same simple 15a timers to control them so the only reason to do this is to keep everything in sync or because you need a relay to handle the actual transfer of power.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
thanks for the reply. My humidity is a problem all the time. Even in flower i sometimes have it drop to the thirties. Never above the forties.
On the ac, what do I need to look for in a unit besides size. Is it better to get one that has a built in Thermostat out one to put on timer? Lights are no problem over only got three for flowering and simple Timers is fine.

Top Bottom