Autos or photoperiods - What do you prefer?

• Thread starter Chad.Westport
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you have the space and equipment to keep cuts of special plants, there is no reason I can think of to run autos.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I've never grown an auto so all I know is what I've read. I can tell the genetics are getting better, but I still don't think they can compete with photo period plants.

For me its all about being able to control the most aspects of the plants cultivation as possible. I'm a control freak when it comes to the garden. I cant have no little auto flower making the decisions... lol

I often wonder why a new grower would take on an auto when it seems they are harder to cultivate? Any mistake is a direct hit to yield and potency. Photos are way more forgiving in veg and as long as you get them healthy before flower, can take a whole hell of a lot of abuse and still yield nicely. Imo photos are better, but I'm open minded...

growsince79

growsince79

I think I’m gonna go for the nice simple answer on this one, if it grows and does what it suppose too “get ya high”. Does it matter if it auto or photo? Lol
Agree. I have a high tolerance. I've never grown autos, but I have smoked them and they didn't work for me. Maybe edibles would...

Northernpop

Northernpop

I think I’m gonna go for the nice simple answer on this one, if it grows and does what it suppose too “get ya high”. Does it matter if it auto or photo? Lol

Yes, it'd be a sad world if everyone loved the exact same thing!

I just don't like waiting 4 months for my flowers. With autos I harvest little amounts, but every two to three weeks. Its mainly a liability issue. I'm confident that 9 plants will not interest the authorities, where I live. Any more may be a different matter.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Yeah see I’m not taking grow environment, legal allowances, or well anything into account with my post lol.... if it get me high I don’t care if it’s auto or photo 🙂 it could be blue, purple, green, dry, wet, taste like chemicals meh if I get high thumbs up lol

Northernpop

Northernpop

Yeah see I’m not taking grow environment, legal allowances, or well anything into account with my post lol.... if it get me high I don’t care if it’s auto or photo 🙂 it could be blue, purple, green, dry, wet, taste like chemicals meh if I get high thumbs up lol

My aim is for completely organic buds, and I try to keep the stink down, since the Mrs hates it (easier in smaller batches).

Apart from that, you can really work through seedsman, or whatever, and if you find strains you really like, you can make breed your own fem autos from it with Colloidal Silver.

I may go back to photos, but 12v12 is a long drawn out thing. Autos also seem to pack more cbd. Not sure if it's the ruderalis.

growsince79

growsince79

My aim is for completely organic buds, and I try to keep the stink down, since the Mrs hates it (easier in smaller batches).

Apart from that, you can really work through seedsman, or whatever, and if you find strains you really like, you can make breed your own fem autos from it with Colloidal Silver.

I may go back to photos, but 12v12 is a long drawn out thing. Autos also seem to pack more cbd. Not sure if it's the ruderalis.
I think the cbd is from the hemp side of the family tree. The problem with breeding autos- recessive hemp genes.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Their could be a good chance of some of that but that also come down the genetics from mother/father and up. Those photos is 207 genetics auto critical so I mean auto ain’t to bad just depends ya know. Like for example 207 has Barney farms who has their own auto flower strain and some their auto strains have high % I think their purple punch is 23% Cannabinoids.

239A9ED5 DF2B 4A0D 8211 4144F5FE1396
C56FE9BF 5A32 4C3F 8A9A 81B7B4FFA4CE
growsince79

growsince79

Their could be a good chance of some of that but that also come down the genetics from mother/father and up. Those photos is 207 genetics auto critical so I mean auto ain’t to bad just depends ya know. Like for example 207 has Barney farms who has their own auto flower strain and some their auto strains have high % I think their purple punch is 23% Cannabinoids.
Its pretty, but frost doesn't equal potency. sour space candy hemp

Sour space candy cbd hemp flower min
crossfader

crossfader

To add to my previous post I would def try my hand at photoperiods but since I grow in a tent in my basement that is used constantly during the early/mid evening, with the room lights being turned on/off 2-5 times per night, at this point I cannot provide a solid 12 hours of darkness required for the flowering period. Until I can get my ventilation system in place I just leave the bottom flaps open with turbo fans providing fresh air/light breeze (I'm about to grow from seed in the next week so I have a little leeway before a carbon filter is necessary) it's an easy choice to run autos, saving me the worry/stress/waste of time & money growing photos that go male on me due to not having complete control over the 12 hr dark period. Someday I'll try them but at this point autos are the way to go for my situation.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Its pretty, but frost doesn't equal potency. sour space candy hemp
Well sadly that strain was a 17% not the highest but it had a certain medical quality for anxiety so that’s why I’m giving it a try, but that Candy hemp does look very nice. The colors kindof remind me of something I got back when I was 20ish and glued me to my seat for like 6 hours 🙂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I grew greenhouse seeds auto northern lights and i was pretty happy at the time. Everyone loved it. We got 15 oz from 5 plants under a 600w hps. It was my first ever grow. And the dispensary had the plants tested for me. 17% to 23% thc. And it smelled and tasted very good.

it was quite potent but also a bit flat feeling compared to the diesel/ thai hybrid photos i grew later. I would not rely on autos for great highs. However i suspect medically the higher cbd counts for some benefit.

growsince79

growsince79

Well sadly that strain was a 17% not the highest but it had a certain medical quality for anxiety so that’s why I’m giving it a try, but that Candy hemp does look very nice. The colors kindof remind me of something I got back when I was 20ish and glued me to my seat for like 6 hours 🙂
Hemp is less than 0.3% thc. You can smoke a pound and never feel a thing.

growsince79

growsince79

It's only allowed to be 0.3% but can be much higher.... thats why hemp farmers treat it like garbage and often chop early. If grown all nice it can produce quit a bit more thc.
In Oklahoma if its over 0.3% the cops destroy it. Never heard of any getting cut early to avoid thc. The seeds are the most valuable part of the plant. I hear more and more cotton farmers are planting hemp. It sucks, carbon filters won't stop the pollen. Hepa maybe idk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom