Availability Of Natural Inputs?

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

So I'm curious as to the speed of availability of natural inputs such as alfalfa meal,kelp meal,bone meal,etc when used as top dressing,or mixed with water as a sort of tea versus the basically immediate availability of salt based ferts. I'd like to/planning on trying this out with a couple cycles in near future using a ff of/hf mix,amending the soil as it sits for next cycle and using the inputs only during flower,nothing but water and recharge for veg. Anyone see any problems with this? I only veg 4-6 weeks,go from jiffy pellet to solo cup to 1gal pot for finish.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So I'm curious as to the speed of availability of natural inputs such as alfalfa meal,kelp meal,bone meal,etc when used as top dressing,or mixed with water as a sort of tea versus the basically immediate availability of salt based ferts. I'd like to/planning on trying this out with a couple cycles in near future using a ff of/hf mix,amending the soil as it sits for next cycle and using the inputs only during flower,nothing but water and recharge for veg. Anyone see any problems with this? I only veg 4-6 weeks,go from jiffy pellet to solo cup to 1gal pot for finish.
Mix it in your soil and add plants and water... throw some mycor in the dirt every cycle and you can leave most of the old roots....you can sprinkle or water with stuff like recharge too.

K

kansabis

Compost teas!
I rarely use more than a half gallon per watering depending on number of plants and stage of growth so would it be better to just top dress then or maybe do tiny batches of tea? Do I really need to aerate or bubble the mixture or would shaking it around 3-5x a day for a couple days suffice?

K

kansabis

Mix it in your soil and add plants and water... throw some mycor in the dirt every cycle and you can leave most of the old roots....you can sprinkle or water with stuff like recharge too.
Awesome so the amendment would best be used as exactly that and letting the soil cook or whatever between cycles and when I recycle the used soil I can even toss in the old roots? I currently already have small bits of roots when I recycle the soil but they don't seem to break down as fast as they probably should,tells me I need more life and activity going on in the soil between cycles. Agree?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I rarely use more than a half gallon per watering depending on number of plants and stage of growth so would it be better to just top dress then or maybe do tiny batches of tea? Do I really need to aerate or bubble the mixture or would shaking it around 3-5x a day for a couple days suffice?
Poke your head around about actively aeriated compost teas. One of the best things you can do for your garden and you can get em going for less than $100

K

kansabis

I've seen em and read some about em,but I don't use enough water or even have space for a bucket really lol so I figure just move on to the next best thing until that time I'm able to utilize aact's

Top Bottom