Avg. Rooting Time In 100% Coco ? Help

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

What's happening , Ok if you guys could just let me now your average rooting time for your clones starting in 100% coco coir that would be great. First time trying to get these babies rolling in coco and I'm tripping...they look great but no roots only on day 5 almost day 6 and nothing. Slight yellowish leafs so they are working. I have used rock wool in the past and had roots within 7days no sweat , but that was with root exc clone x and minor feed....This time I just used tap water ph to 5.8 and some cheap coco and some cheap ass rooting powder from home depot .... I hope I did. It fuck this one up .... Thanks in advance

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Thing with cheap coco is it may (probably) have a bunch of salt in it.

Did you fill a plug tray in with the coco or use solo cups to put your cuttings in?

Ime The solo cups will take a bit longer for the roots to show due to there being more medium for them to grow thru.

W

woody420

I flush the crap out of the coco with hot water and then cold and filled up the plugs ......thx bro

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

No worries, boss.

I rooted some cuts in a plug tray full of coco last year, worked well (10-14 days until transplant ready). I didn't pack the coco in too much and only wet each plug site with like 15-20ml tap water to keep em moist but not saturated.

Hope things work out for you.

W

woody420

Ok should I kinda packed down the coco not to hard but firmly shit man , I got the heat mat on them now trying to speed the process up bad idea on the heat mat? I guess I will just let them roll.... Just don't want to ruin them kinda need them in a few weeks ... I guess don't change what you know dang ....if its not broke don't fix it . Back to rock wool 4 sure after this nightmare

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I feel ya, I've tried the above, tried rockwool, tried a clone machine, always end up back with rapid rooters.

I hate my heat mat, feel like it gets too hot and unevenly so. First (and only) time It was used my clones dried up and died overnight.

I like to just flip another clone tray or saucer (whatever I have laying around)upside down on the floor and put the tray with the clones on top of it. I picture the air flow keeping the clones at least at room temperature rather than the floor temp, but that's just me.

Good luck. Just ignore those bitches for a couple days and see what happens.

W

woody420

Right ....good idea ...I have a layer of coco under the plugs so it's like this heat mat , tray, layer of coco 1/4-1/2 inch thick then the cow pattie plug with the cuts in them

W

woody420

Ok brother from an other mother , take it easy .....let it roll I guess

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Pure coco
Solo cups with holes in bottom ( I use square solo)
Wet then squeeze water out of coco so it's not dripping
Place coco in solo do not press to pack in
Thump cup of coco a couple times on table to settle coco down
Add more if needed
I use a wooden skewer to make a hole
Insert clone into coco
Thump again a couple times to resettle coco.
Mist with water this one time only
No domes or baggies over clone
Do not water for a week then about a ounce of water per cup
Roots in 2-3 weeks
Note:
Long clone (3-4 inches) stems work the best
Mix in some beenies in the coco to jump start the root ball
No rooting hormone needed but cheap homedpot powder will work just as well in this as the high end crap
Peace n love

X.rm

X.rm

Ok should I kinda packed down the coco not to hard but firmly shit man , I got the heat mat on them now trying to speed the process up bad idea on the heat mat? I guess I will just let them roll.... Just don't want to ruin them kinda need them in a few weeks ... I guess don't change what you know dang ....if its not broke don't fix it . Back to rock wool 4 sure after this nightmare
I agree with the, if it aint broke dont .... but what's done is done. You did good by placing the heat mat under them. CoCo actually has a hormone that encourages root growth. I think your real mistake was the rooting powder. 1st powders are much less effective than liquids, wich are less effective than gels. Try the same thing with clonex next time and place the heat mat immediately. The heat is going to increase the humidity under the dome. Also try including some Mycorrhiza in the bit of water you use. They will encourage root growth and prevent pathogens from attacking. Your probably not going to be as successful as b4 but you'll get survivors and you can always veg them out turn them to mothers. Best of luck bro.

X.rm

X.rm

I just made my clones tonight bro, ill post pix in your thread. Like i said, i misted the donors wit just a bit of superthrive and filled my big solo cups, made drain holes on each side and bottom, poked a hole in my medium. (one hundred % CANNA coco) doused the hole with some mychorizae made my cuttings scraped ever so lightly the bottom after cutting at a 45 degree angle to avoid an embolism and increase surface area to the rooting gel. Placed 4 per tray on top of my heating mats. I mist both them and the clear dome wich i keep over them all day for at least a week. I take them off once a day to let them breathe and gradually start opening the vents till they're good and ready. Clonex nutrient solution is excellent, i use superthrive, revive, and b1 each one alternatively. Aswell as foliar with diamond nectar (fulvic) and with spray n grow. Rhizotonic is added towards the feeding schedule at the onset of feed

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

For me it's 3 ounce Dixie bathroom cups with coir, clonex gel and tap water. Fully rooted cuts in 10-14 days. No heat mat this time of year.

X.rm

X.rm

S
For me it's 3 ounce Dixie bathroom cups with coir, clonex gel and tap water. Fully rooted cuts in 10-14 days. No heat mat this time of year.
Same here except i like the heat mats , just to keep the humidity in the dome up. If it were rockwool cubes i wouldnt do it but since theres more medium in the cups with coco i feel i can get away with it. Also, i add hydroguard to my tap water. Just to ward off any bad fungus or bacteria.

X.rm

X.rm

20160708 175219
Purple eclipse taken 3 days ago. Clonex and placed str8 N2 coco and watered once with superthrive. Subsequent watering will be with hydroguard and thrive followed by clonex nute and rapid start.

Top Bottom