• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
predicting how much yield is indeed hard, but im asking growers who grow outdoors how much they get on average. a bit different
im a seed producer and i can tell you how many seeds i produce per light.
So. You can predict how many seeds you get per light off a plant??? That’s some carnival shit.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

So. You can predict how many seeds you get per light off a plant??? That’s some carnival shit.
no its consistency, its not rocket science. if you do it over and over you get the same result.
only an amateur grower cant predict his yield after a few runs. lol!!!

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha. If you build it they will come.
Growing doesn’t work like that. Nature doesn’t work like that.

Mr. G

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Hahaha. If you build it they will come.
Growing doesn’t work like that. Nature doesn’t work like that.

Mr. G
growing indoors is manipulating nature, you have a climate which you control and manipulate. consistent day and night temperature and humidity.
further more, by using closes you are basically using the same plant over and over and it will react EXACTLY the same as the previous plants you planted.
so yes you can and as an experienced grower should absolutely be able to predict your crop after a few runs in the same facility. if you cannot then you are incompetent and sloppy.
i recall 200 years ago people said predicting the weather was witchcraft, you sound like those people, MAGIC!!

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

actually no thats not the answer at all. and yes people that have experience and not only grow one plant in their basement have a way to say.
if you google how many seeds a plant produces you would find the same stupid answer you gave "no easy answer" but if you ask me, a person with seed breeding experience i can tell you EXACTLY how many seeds you can produce per plant.
got it?
again, didnt mean to be a dick
a person with seed breeding experience i can tell you EXACTLY"

Probably not

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

a person with seed breeding experience i can tell you EXACTLY"

Probably not
Wanna bet?
it seems its amateur hour today here. first the guy with the 1 plant grow journal then the guy that thinks predicting yields is sorcery then you, the guy with absolutely nothing to say. pretty sad.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yes, this is a forum. Forums are places of conversation and information exchange. Good, quality information is compiled by well thought out topics, with little deviation from what the topic is in the conversions that ensue.

If you don't like the answers that you've found, keep looking. Or, just do the damn thing and build your own baseline. If you in fact produce seeds, then this should be a non-issue for you to accomplish. Otherwise, this is a yet another wasted thread clouding up the search results for people that actually do their homework. Too many variables come into play to provide even close to an acceptable average for outdoor plants. Genetics, location, feed, media, volume of media, watering schedule, light availability, pests, rippers, weather. All of it plays a role.

Now for my closing remarks. Yes, I am being a dick because even if someone came in and gave you the answer for which you seek, you obviously have some chip on your shoulder, and would likely argue with them too. Just grow a fuckin plant and rinse and repeat.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Im starting an outdoor grow this spring and i was wondering what is the average yield per plant. I heard 500 grams per plant is the usual maximum yield but some growers told me they get up to 1 kilo per plant.
Depends on the strain. Any reputable breeder will give you an estimate for a strain.

Certain strains can give you 2kg+ if you are a good grower dialed in. That plus can go quite high (i don't want to say a max but several pounds for sure).

I have no idea what strain you are running or how you are planning to run it. So, ya know. Kind of tough to say.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Yes, this is a forum. Forums are places of conversation and information exchange. Good, quality information is compiled by well thought out topics, with little deviation from what the topic is in the conversions that ensue.

If you don't like the answers that you've found, keep looking. Or, just do the damn thing and build your own baseline. If you in fact produce seeds, then this should be a non-issue for you to accomplish. Otherwise, this is a yet another wasted thread clouding up the search results for people that actually do their homework. Too many variables come into play to provide even close to an acceptable average for outdoor plants. Genetics, location, feed, media, volume of media, watering schedule, light availability, pests, rippers, weather. All of it plays a role.

Now for my closing remarks. Yes, I am being a dick because even if someone came in and gave you the answer for which you seek, you obviously have some chip on your shoulder, and would likely argue with them too. Just grow a fuckin plant and rinse and repeat.
did you even bother reading what i said or you are yet another pompous ass that just likes to throw quotes around and thinks he's a grower because he has 4 plants in his basement?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
did you even bother reading what i said or you are yet another pompous ass that just likes to throw quotes around and thinks he's a grower because he has 4 plants in his basement?
I'm the latter, for sure. Hell, I don't even grow weed bro. All my plants for the past 20 years have been plastic look alikes I post online to get all the credz the cool people get.

Good luck with finding the answer you want. I'll be busy, you know, doing my thing.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Depends on the strain. Any reputable breeder will give you an estimate for a strain.

Certain strains can give you 2kg+ if you are a good grower dialed in. That plus can go quite high (i don't want to say a max but several pounds for sure).

I have no idea what strain you are running or how you are planning to run it. So, ya know. Kind of tough to say.
Exactly, an experienced grower can predict his crop fro past experiences. Also most experienced growers grow the same strain for years.
So basically i was asking an experienced grower what his yields were in his field with his strain.
Instead i got a bunch of stoners that grow weed in their basement telling me predicting yields is impossible and acting as if its their mommy's forum

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

I'm the latter, for sure. Hell, I don't even grow weed bro. All my plants for the past 20 years have been plastic look alikes I post online to get all the credz the cool people get.

Good luck with finding the answer you want. I'll be busy, you know, doing my thing.
Whats your thing, getting stoned and acting all knowledgeable?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
predicting yields is impossible
No one said it's impossible. You asked for an average, and argued with the range you were given. Hell, you even mentioned the range in your OP. Then, you proceeded to continue to act like a child.

Whats your thing, getting stoned and acting all knowledgeable?
Real talk, I hardly even smoke. I grow for patients I care for. As for acting "all knowledgeable," it's not an act. However, you're just another troll that won't be here long because you seem to have the communication skills of a teenager. Just saying.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Wow. OP asks for outdoor yields which is not really predictable because of variables. Then talks about indoor growing of clones. And all the while insults every member who tries to answer.

nice! Glad i stopped in. :-)
actually can you point me to anyone that i insulted that tried to help and that didn't act like a dick? im really curious.
so far its been a bunch of condescending assholes.
as for the indoor growing if you had any reading skills i was explaining to another genius how i can predict my yields cause he claimed its impossible to predict yields.
also, for outdoor yields it is also predictable, for example 1 hectare of hemp produced 1 ton of flower.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Exactly, an experienced grower can predict his crop fro past experiences. Also most experienced growers grow the same strain for years.
So basically i was asking an experienced grower what his yields were in his field with his strain.
Put it this way: my gutshot estimate based on outdoor growers i know is any less than 2 kg per plant per season doesn't feel great. This is growing a few familiar hybrids.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

No one said it's impossible. You asked for an average, and argued with the range you were given. Hell, you even mentioned the range in your OP. Then, you proceeded to continue to act like a child.

Real talk, I hardly even smoke. I grow for patients I care for. As for acting "all knowledgeable," it's not an act. However, you're just another troll that won't be here long because you seem to have the communication skills of a teenager. Just saying.
oh man, you keep giving me your references and accomplishments. good on you.
again, you had nothing to contribute besides the generic copy paste "can't predict it varies". sorry to break it to you but an actual grower can predict.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Put it this way: my gutshot estimate based on outdoor growers i know is any less than 2 kg per plant per season doesn't feel great. This is growing a few familiar hybrids.
ah thank you fantastic. yeah i heard real pros pull up 4 kilos per plant but thats massive work.
thats what i was looking for, someone talking from experience about their yield.
thank you man i appreciate it

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

actually can you point me to anyone that i insulted that tried to help and that didn't act like a dick? im really curious.
so far its been a bunch of condescending assholes.
as for the indoor growing if you had any reading skills i was explaining to another genius how i can predict my yields cause he claimed its impossible to predict yields.
also, for outdoor yields it is also predictable, for example 1 hectare of hemp produced 1 ton of flower.

Another nice post. And no farmer can tell what the weather will bring. And since you tell me i have no reading skills i will retire to youtube where i should be more comfortable.

thanks for responding. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom