Az Farmer's - Information Appreciated

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey Farmer's,

Can you give me the low down in AZ?

(If comfortable) What county you're in, plant counts, ability to vend to clubs, prices, utility costs...etc?

Also, when it comes to the room build, what things to keep in mind?

How badly are they sticking it to you if you're over you're limit?

Any cases where the cops showed up based off of your electricity consumption?

When do you anticipate the state passing Recreational use?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

GL

G

greyman41420

Welcome to the wild wild west is the best way to phrase the situation in Arizona. Let me address your points.

1) There is zero ability to vend to clubs, your going to be dealing with local farmers markets or private street. Utilities are well priced here. You are allowed as a caregiver to have up to five patients, which each allows 12 plants per person, so 60 plants total as a fully licensed caregiver with five patients.

2) When it comes to room build, throw out every schematic for air conditioning someone has given you before. You need 1 ton of AC for every 2000 watts of light, period, end of discussion. Do not short on a dehumidifier because its a dry heat, humidity is half the reason the bud in arizona sucks.

3) Plant count limit is everything. Don't go over.

4) No, not off electricity consumption.

5) 2016 will pass 100%. People in arizona don't like to be told what to do about anything.

Current market prices in arizona are $200 per zip for decent with the super high end market capping in $300 per zip. This is outside of the state licensed dispensaries of course.

hope this helps a little.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My 2 cents. @greyman41420 is correct.

1. On the caregiver ratio of 5 allowable. However, keep in mind the patients must qualify of living outside of the 25 mile rule from a dispensary. Initially it was as the crow flys but we challenged and got it added that it is factored based on actual driving distance. With that said, the way the CHAA's are set up here it is pretty tough not to be living within 25 mi from a dispensary. Not impossible but it really limits the number of available patients living outside 25 mi.

2. Cannot add anything here. It is hot as hell here from End of May thru end October. 110-115 is not uncommon.

3. As @greyman41420 Do not have anything to add. They arent tolerant of overages. If you do it keep it on the down low.

4. Agreed with this statement. I was concerned initially when they amended the AZMMJ rules and took our cultivation rights away. I have not had any issues to date and its been 2 years since the amendment.

5. the latest polls ( 85 % for 15 % against) from SaferAZ show that there is strong support for individual recreational use for those over 21. The initiative currently in place will if it passes will allow a person to cultivate up to 6 plants I believe. There is strong support of that rule also however as of late several dispensary owners have pulled out of the initiative because they are against personal grow rights and are fighting that portion of the initiative. Go figger right?? The legislature votes in 2016 and again there is very strong support for legalization and recreational use for adults.

Here is a copy of the rough draft form of the proposed initiative to be voted on in 2016.

If you come down here to scope shit out let me know.. Hit me up I can put you up for a few days while your in town.

Follow this link. The rough draft is on right side of page date 4-9-15 Hope this helps

K

kolah

I took a job in AZ in May, left in September of the same year, hated it ...at that time with 120-130 degree temps and 100 at night. It may be nicer in winter but I couldn't take it. Peeps board up their house windows in attempt to block out the sun..looks like a g-damnn ghost town everywhere ya look. Streets are so hot your dog can't walk on them or it burns their feet. I'm an outdoor guy and couldn't even walk my dog for longer than 10 minutes..and this was at night!

And the MJ laws are bad there, real bad...just as bad as the southern Baptist states. Their MMJ laws suck as well.

The bright side? nice chicks, milfs and grannies and I hear November to March is cooler. But the MJ laws turned me off along with the desert heat. A nice place to visit....not live.

After that experience, it made me dig Colorado all the more.

Just about any MJ offense is a g-damn felony..even a bowl. MMJ? Fingerprints are mandatory. Check it out:
http://norml.org/laws/item/arizona-penalties

Last edited:
G

greyman41420

But the MJ laws turned me off along with the desert heat.

Outside of the 25 mile rule, which part of the law bothers you? I actually find the arizona program very straight forward and quite robust in terms of quantity allowed and purchasing power. I was recently stopped for a traffic ticket, my car just absolutely reeked of gorilla glue and with my card nothing happened to me at all, surprisingly I didn't even get the speeding ticket. The police here do not want to deal with mmj on small levels in my opinion.

Cant argue with you about the heat, its brutal for sure.

K

kolah

Outside of the 25 mile rule, which part of the law bothers you? I actually find the arizona program very straight forward and quite robust in terms of quantity allowed and purchasing power. I was recently stopped for a traffic ticket, my car just absolutely reeked of gorilla glue and with my card nothing happened to me at all, surprisingly I didn't even get the speeding ticket. The police here do not want to deal with mmj on small levels in my opinion.

Cant argue with you about the heat, its brutal for sure.

I think lawsuits have been filed regarding the 25 mile rule stuff but but' it's still intact. It also sucks that the average Joe Weed can't even grow in his own house if a potshop is within those limits.

And for a AZ caregiver should a new potshop open up within the limits he's up shits creek with no paddle.

Where abouts are you? I was in Ft Mohave area and the cops were pricks. Everyone warned me to be careful. I didn't like the foggy haze that seemed to always hang over the area I think it was the LA smog drifting east. And at 400 feet above sea level I felt like crap.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey Farmer's,

Can you give me the low down in AZ?

(If comfortable) What county you're in, plant counts, ability to vend to clubs, prices, utility costs...etc?

Also, when it comes to the room build, what things to keep in mind?

How badly are they sticking it to you if you're over you're limit?

Any cases where the cops showed up based off of your electricity consumption?

When do you anticipate the state passing Recreational use?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

GL

Don't know all of the answers for you.

The ones i do have for you.

1. 12 plants per patient.

2. Cannot legally grow unless you are at least 25 miles from dispensary.

Now the stupid legislators are trying to pass it where you have to be certified twice a year.

Its not about helping people but adding to the States coffers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom