AZ newest MMJ state!

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

Yea, some of the 'kind' bud around here is marginal.
My first grow I did some White Widow that turned out wonderful, but I haven't been able
to move any of it. It's crazy.

Caz
since i started smoking in '04 i have always been getting fire in tucson. it all comes down from cali anyways. its all about who you know... i didnt even know what swag was until we found my dads stash

B

blazingimmortal

Finally AZ has done it time to grow in peace not in fear :smiley_joint:

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Anyone know any specifics about the law?? I heard they are only going to approve 120 dispensaries state wide and you got to run non-profit. Got a good bro living in Scottsdale that says he's going for it got an app in for approval. He's trying to talk me into making the move out there.

S

shagy64221

Well about time!!

Glad you all join in the MMJ states of America,now burn & blaze and salute too the green way. P.S. save me some of the gold nuggets you all got laying around the hills.

T

Towelie

Anyone know any specifics about the law?? I heard they are only going to approve 120 dispensaries state wide and you got to run non-profit. Got a good bro living in Scottsdale that says he's going for it got an app in for approval. He's trying to talk me into making the move out there.

Your friend is correct in that there will only be about 120 dispensaries (10% of the state wide pharmacies which is currently about 1,240) however the Department of Health is not accepting applications for patients, caregivers, or dispensaries until April 2011 so he couldn't possibly have one in for approval yet.

aleYarok

aleYarok

what do they define as a 'pharmacy'? there has to be more pharmacies than just 1,240 in all of az. theres at least one an almost every block! (walgreens, cvs ect)

B

blazingimmortal

what do they define as a 'pharmacy'? there has to be more pharmacies than just 1,240 in all of az. theres at least one an almost every block! (walgreens, cvs ect)

Meaning Dispensaries that dispense MMJ walgreens is not a dispensary

aleYarok

aleYarok

i didnt mention dispensaries in my post at all. im talking about your normal pharamacy where you get your prescription pills filled.

why dont you go ahead and read the post above mine and then read my post again, it shouldnt be too hard to realize what im talking about

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Towelie, Thanks for the info bro. Maybe I misunderstood him about the app. Or he is yank'in my chain. He wants to open a dispensary. But, I can't see him having his shit together even by April. Not bad mouthing a good bro but he's not one to be on top of things. LOL. Wouldn't you have to have everything in place before you file the app?? I'm sure there are a whole lotta peeps out there vying for one of 120 spots. Peeps that are ready to go now. I'm really not interested in a dispensary anyhow. Now, if I could set up a grow and supply dispensaries, I'd be on the next flight out. LOL. :joint:

Your friend is correct in that there will only be about 120 dispensaries (10% of the state wide pharmacies which is currently about 1,240) however the Department of Health is not accepting applications for patients, caregivers, or dispensaries until April 2011 so he couldn't possibly have one in for approval yet.

T

Towelie

Yup you pretty much hit the nail on the head, lots of people already have their shit together. It wouldn't be impossible to get things in order by April to apply, but you need to have some capital to lock down a retail location as well as a grow location, and they need to be real addresses which are zoned properly :)

J

justagirl

Prop 203 in AZ was ratified yesterday, Nov 29. That begins the 120 period in which the AZ dept of health has to figure out the rules. Go to their website for the entire schedule and to comment on the process (and keep it professional!). They will release a document on December 17 with a draft of the rules. The final will be released in late March 2011 and applications will be accepted April 1st (no joke). Caregivers & patients can grow a limited number of plants, dispensaries can grow more. You must be affiliated with a dispensary to grow and you must have a squeeky clean background to be affiliated with a dispensary. Everyone is watching because AZ is poised to have the strictest laws in the nation by far. Everything must be tracked from seed to sale. Evrything must be grown in the state. We could become the model for a program that works and is repeated in other states. Yes. Lots of people already have their 'shit together'. I think Arizonians realize that this is ours to loose now. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. :-)

H

HalfSight

120 dispensaries is speculative. The reason everybody has to wait til april 2011 is because they are coming up with the rules. And every county will be different. A lot of people are already setup and ready to go. We'll see what the guidelines are after they are done laying them down. There was now wording in the bill on any limit of a dispensary.

T

Towelie

120 dispensaries is speculative. The reason everybody has to wait til april 2011 is because they are coming up with the rules. And every county will be different. A lot of people are already setup and ready to go. We'll see what the guidelines are after they are done laying them down. There was now wording in the bill on any limit of a dispensary.
It is not speculative, if you read the proposition you will see that it states clearly that the number of dispensaries will be exactly 10% of the number of pharmacies in the state.

Edit: see page 10

aleYarok

aleYarok

It is not speculative, if you read the proposition you will see that it states clearly that the number of dispensaries will be exactly 10% of the number of pharmacies in the state.

Edit: see page 10
yo towelie i cant find this anywhere but what do they consider a pharmacy? i mean there is one of every street corner inside a CVS or walgreens there has to be more than 1200 pharmacies in all of az

D

Dignan

I think the actual number is 125 as of this month. 1,250 dispensaries state-wide. My town has 40K people and only 11 pharmacies... I was surprised when I looked that one up, but it's true.

Top Bottom