Aza Max

• Thread starter Rubijon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubijon

Has anyone used this for Hydroponics? I picked up some clones in 4" RW cubes with small roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes. The roots have several little bugs on them I think they are aphids. Question is do I mix the does of Aza Max straight into my nute solution? Thanks

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

you can but aphids are nasty shit
you can use azamax, there was a thread somewhere on here where they used a combo attack pretty successfully
unless those clones are something special, id ditch them

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

o and dont mix nutes in, just use water if you do use it

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
as to the original question - you just make a drench with water and apply it

though root aphids probably wont succumb to aza max

R

Rubijon

I would really like to save these clones. Should I clean the res then fill with aza max and run a cycle then clean and get back on schedule?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

when i did it, i let my coco dry most of the way out, and then dunked them in the recomendend solution(dont remember the mix anymore). after that i handwatered the soultion through my coco. i feel i can get at the medium more completley than a sprayer can when handwatering. only did this once, it was late in flower and the prob wasnt to bad.

I

IVIars

Spectracide. Check out the root aphid thread in the Cannabis Infirmary

J

Jsän

first to answer the question, no dont dump azamax straight into your solution. it has the consistency off snot and should be mixed with water first to dilute its..snotiness. then add to rez/solution.

BUT ...since you have caught the little buggers early i highly suggest lopping off the rockwool and re-rooting the cuttings. Clean the room. Get the Spectracide and wash everything with it. make sure you have proper gear. Make sure you bag or burn all infested material.

I just made it thru (/pray) an infestation of my own . Ty lil miss.
Spectracide will kill them if you dont want to re-root. i soaked for 2 hours at 20ml per gallon inside a rubbermaid. Those were fully grown girls though.
but why take chances if you dont have to.
re-root!!!

R

Rubijon

first to answer the question, no dont dump azamax straight into your solution. it has the consistency off snot and should be mixed with water first to dilute its..snotiness. then add to rez/solution.

BUT ...since you have caught the little buggers early i highly suggest lopping off the rockwool and re-rooting the cuttings. Clean the room. Get the Spectracide and wash everything with it. make sure you have proper gear. Make sure you bag or burn all infested material.

I just made it thru (/pray) an infestation of my own . Ty lil miss.
Spectracide will kill them if you dont want to re-root. i soaked for 2 hours at 20ml per gallon inside a rubbermaid. Those were fully grown girls though.
but why take chances if you dont have to.
re-root!!!

You mean remove all the RW as best as possible and then put them in new cubes?

J

Jsän

you could do that, but i was referring to cutting all the RW and roots at the base and re-root the cutting.

It is a drastic step, if you arent 100% on cloning you might not want to..but again, this is just my opinion, Drastic steps now can save you a whole lot of headaches. even at 25% cloning success *I* would re-root. But the aphids took most of my yield. and set me off this next cycle for a few more weeks ;(

are you sure they are aphids? do you have fliers yet? do you have pics?

put down some potato slices and get a picture of what comes crawling.

A

amstercal

I second spectracide and getting rid of the rw. Consider dosing any plants they've been in close contact with too, and definitely if you've seen a single black flying bug in your space.

Latest posts

Top Bottom