Azamax For Spider Mites

• Thread starter SOURCOOPER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

We have Russet mites, I was under the impression that Azamax was for Russet mites? Or is it for both Spider mites and Russet mites? We used it last year for Russet mites and it worked and evrty thing turned out fine. Also we had to switch it up and use something else so they wouldnt get immune to the same thing. Problem this time is i cant remember what we used to switch off with. *I read something about using sm90 mixed in with it?? Might try the Spinosad to switch off with? Idk.. But this bug problem sucks!!! Very stressful. Thanks, Julie
Russet mites. Ouch!
I had them and when I sprayed them with azamax they just said "thank you may I have another"
Honestly in my opinion the easiest way to get rid of russet mites to toss everything and start over. Sound extreme I inow. These critters are nothing like spider mites. They kill crops and are almost impossible to get rid of so ive been told. Maybe I got rid of my mites but maybe not. Time will tell.
I wanted to try to save a few phenos so I kept clones and tossed everything else out. Then I cried for a couple hours. Then I bought some very harmful chemicals I have a hard time recommending. I used forbid and avid in rotation every other day for 3 weeks. Another option for russet are predator mites. They won't get rid of them 100% but they will keep them at bay while your crop finishes. Are you 100% you have russet mites? Do you have pics?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

We have Russet mites, I was under the impression that Azamax was for Russet mites? Or is it for both Spider mites and Russet mites? We used it last year for Russet mites and it worked and evrty thing turned out fine. Also we had to switch it up and use something else so they wouldnt get immune to the same thing. Problem this time is i cant remember what we used to switch off with. *I read something about using sm90 mixed in with it?? Might try the Spinosad to switch off with? Idk.. But this bug problem sucks!!! Very stressful. Thanks, Julie
Azamax is a broad spectrum insecticide, working on many sucking insects. I have read that due to the way it works, bugs are not likely to develop resistance. I think the switch off to spinosad sounds like a good plan.

Dewd

Dewd

Azamax is a broad spectrum insecticide, working on many sucking insects. I have read that due to the way it works, bugs are not likely to develop resistance. I think the switch off to spinosad sounds like a good plan.
When I sprayed azamax on my russet nothing died as far as I could tell . Maybe they were broad mites. Idk
But azamax only made them laugh at me. :(

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

When I sprayed azamax on my russet nothing died as far as I could tell . Maybe they were broad mites. Idk
But azamax only made them laugh at me. :(
I don't know whether russet mites are affected by azamax. But the way it works, you don't see mites dying when you spray it anyway. It works over a several day period, essentially starving the little bastards. You have to use it in a regular program over a couple weeks for it to be effective. But again, I don't know whether russet mites are on the target list.

Dewd

Dewd

I don't know whether russet mites are affected by azamax. But the way it works, you don't see mites dying when you spray it anyway. It works over a several day period, essentially starving the little bastards. You have to use it in a regular program over a couple weeks for it to be effective. But again, I don't know whether russet mites are on the target list.
That could be why they just laughed at me the next day.
They didn't know they were starving yet. :)

420Artie

420Artie

when I found russet mites in flower I did the 120f hot air treatment and it limped me through flower. if you can get your room up to always 120f and hold it at that temp for about 1.5 hours that will kill russet mites and their eggs. I grow in a spare office/room so I turned off my duct fan turned on a space heater and also put my dehumidifier on the lowest setting and was able to get my room up to 130f for about 1.5 hours I did this 3 days apart. but be careful with causing a fire or in my case the door to the room warped so bad I had to put foam tape around it to prevent light leaks. the plants didn't mind the heat at all they would perk up as if they liked it.

123grow

Russet mites. Ouch!
I had them and when I sprayed them with azamax they just said "thank you may I have another"
Honestly in my opinion the easiest way to get rid of russet mites to toss everything and start over. Sound extreme I inow. These critters are nothing like spider mites. They kill crops and are almost impossible to get rid of so ive been told. Maybe I got rid of my mites but maybe not. Time will tell.
I wanted to try to save a few phenos so I kept clones and tossed everything else out. Then I cried for a couple hours. Then I bought some very harmful chemicals I have a hard time recommending. I used forbid and avid in rotation every other day for 3 weeks. Another option for russet are predator mites. They won't get rid of them 100% but they will keep them at bay while your crop finishes. Are you 100% you have russet mites? Do you have pics?
lmao... ~ TOSSING THEM ? and Starting over? ~ NOT AN OPTION!! lol Sorry.. Thank you very much for your reply and advice, maybe i didnt mention they are outdoor grow and over 8feet tall and over 8 feet around in 8 foot x 8 foot boxes. ( See my thread ..in outdoor grow ~ my 2017 Outdoor GIRLS). I had 1st noticed the cupping leaves on 2 plants only outta 40 something so we Might have caught them before there way outta control. Yes if their on 1 then I'm sure their every where! These are some of the leaves on the Blue dreams..

20170820 134246
20170820 134402

123grow

we just got through spraying last night with azamax. it took a few day to get all the plants since we do it in the evening when its cooler and no sun. so you think we should try the spinosad next? Thank you very much for your reply ~ Julie

Dewd

Dewd

lmao... ~ TOSSING THEM ? and Starting over? ~ NOT AN OPTION!! lol Sorry.. Thank you very much for your reply and advice, maybe i didnt mention they are outdoor grow and over 8feet tall and over 8 feet around in 8 foot x 8 foot boxes. ( See my thread ..in outdoor grow ~ my 2017 Outdoor GIRLS). I had 1st noticed the cupping leaves on 2 plants only outta 40 something so we Might have caught them before there way outta control. Yes if their on 1 then I'm sure their every where! These are some of the leaves on the Blue dreams..
Lol No need to apologize Julie. No you didn't mention they were outdoor and I just assumed you were indoor. I was only passing the info on as far as tossing everything and starting over. That was the #1 reply I received when I asked about russet mites. The #2 response was alternate avid and forbid. But avid and forbid should be used with caution plus it stays in the plant for a while I keep hearing. Keep us posted. I will check out your other thread.

AJGirlsGrow2

AJGirlsGrow2

I didn't say that stuff wouldn't kill the mites. I'm sure it did - I'd use it on ornamentals, but never on something I cannot wash before consuming. Other sorts of usage, where you aren't burning and inhaling the resulting smoke would be just fine. Cannabis, as a crop is fairly unique because of the consumption methods. You will not find any endorsements on those labels specifying crops that are meant to be SMOKED. It's what the labels DONT say - after all they wouldn't want to miss a sale now, would they?

The point of growing my own is to avoid additives and unknowns that are clearly all the rage in other gardens.

Def right, none of them refer to "smoked" plants. I have pondered that myself. I keep it to bare minimum, last time I did it was in early veg. couple months ago and I will probably do a full flush before harvest, I also barely feed them, just twice in flower when they were hungry, and nothing for the last month roughly.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

we just got through spraying last night with azamax. it took a few day to get all the plants since we do it in the evening when its cooler and no sun. so you think we should try the spinosad next? Thank you very much for your reply ~ Julie
I would continue with the azamax on a three day cycle for at least three iterations. You can mix spinosad and Azamax, and hit with a one two punch by spraying both at once. Azamax requires time, spinosad kills faster. Azamax requires ingestion, and then interferes with metabolism, essentially straving the mites. It takes time and diligence.

Both can be applied as a soil wash for systemic use. Azamax is kinda spendy when used as a wash.

P

PharmHand

Def right, none of them refer to "smoked" plants. I have pondered that myself. I keep it to bare minimum, last time I did it was in early veg. couple months ago and I will probably do a full flush before harvest, I also barely feed them, just twice in flower when they were hungry, and nothing for the last month roughly.
Azamax is approved for use on cannabis in a few states and spinosad is approved for use on tobacco , both intended for smoking. Dow holds the patent on spinosad and likely won't test it until cannabis is legal federally. ANYTHING you spray on flowers will remain on and in buds. Spraying early before buds appear with both alternating or together works great. If you're being tested ditch the spinosad , it isn't approved and lingers.

Top Bottom