Azatrol/Azamax

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I wouldn't knowingly smoke any of them. I don't spray anything on flowering plants. I guess if you choose to ingest poison its the lesser of the evils.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

sorry C.C. I am just perturbed by the attitude of some people. It's not u. I just smoked s little with an acquaintance recently. I swore I smelled azamax in the bag he showed me then he lit one up. tasted like azamax. I asked him if he sprayed them he says ya but its organic whats the problem. He just don't understand its still poison.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yea I wouldnt spray a flowering plant if my life depended on it. If it came to where I needed to I would just toss the plant. Thats why I grow them myself. So I know Im not smoking someone elses "good idea."

I feel ya on that. I remember reading about half lives of some of the chemicals people spray on their plants. Some of them are a good 180 days or more just to get about 95% of the chem gone. Indoors under artifical light it takes the chems longer to break down. Really opened my eyes.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

sounds like your the exact opposite of the guy that I know .

T

trickJames

seems to be a lot of mis information aout here about azadirachtin.

Azadirachtin is the active ingredient in Neem Oil and products like Azamax and Azatrol. It is considered non-toxic to humans and has been used as an herbal remedy for ailments for centuries in India and the middle east.. Like a certain other plant extract we are familiar with.

Shoots of the Neem plant are eaten as food in India. It is absolutely not in the same class as products like Abemectin (Avid) or Bifenazate (Floramite) which are highly toxic. Floramite has been proven to cause liver cancer for instance. Safety measures should be taken when applying these products and the label should be followed to the letter. If you mis-apply these products and someone gets sick you are legally responsible.

THE LABEL IS THE LAW!

You can apply these Neem extract products as the label suggests, but it will in most likelihood impact the flavor of your finished herb in a negative way if you use them right up until harvest.. It can also turn pistils red early which can increase your chance of a fugal infection.
If you must use the product late into flower it is best to discontinue use at least a week before final flush. The plant and your lights should completely break the chemical down or metabolize it in 10-14 days.

People suggesting products like Eagle 20, Avid, and Floramite need to understand that those products require an applicators license in many states. If you don't have one, possession of them is illegal. If you mis-apply these products and someone gets sick from your herb you are legally responsible for a crime which in an extreme instance could be considered attempted manslaughter or worse.

I am a former exterminator. I am telling you Azamax and Azatrol are very safe to use as long as you follow the directions on the bottle. If you are unfamiliar with how to properly apply pesticides I would stay away from the heavy products like Abemectin. Avid might not kill you tomorrow, but it can cause you a lot of serious health problems down the road. Full respirators with a vapor filter should be worn during application as well as goggles, a hat, long sleeves, gloves, shoes, and long pants. Once you are done applying the product CHANGE CLOTHES. They are good products if you have a very heavy infestation that isn't responding to anything else. They absolutely work, but they come with some risk. The best time to apply them is ONCE very early in veg as a preventative, and only if you have a history of serious bug problems. If you spot a couple of mites don't freak out and start nuking your plants, your grow room, and yourself with heavy toxic chemicals. Stick with Neem derived products and pyrethrins and rotate them every 4-5 days with something like Mighty Wash or Purespray.

READ THE LABELS and follow them to the letter.

Best Regards
TJ

H

Hydro-Soil

Azamax and Azatrol are very safe... yes. You won't ever catch me spraying it on flowering plants though.

I live in borg central, the hive of the resistance. Picked up several different types of 'resistant' mites from different mountain growers here. By 'Resistant' I mean these people couldn't get rid of them.

Azamax or Azatrol, when used properly, will definitely control them.

Couple tips to help out.... The key is "Prevention"

1. Your veg and flower rooms need to be clean. I mean smooth white surfaces... no carpet, clothes boxes, cardboard or any other materials that aren't needed to grow the plant.

2. Every 2 months in veg.... Use 1ml/gallon as a soil drench or in your res.

3. The first week of flower.... use 1ml/gallon as a soil drench or in your res.

These steps should be taken... even when you don't have mites. Azamax and Azatrol have other beneifts that your plants will enjoy. :D

Should you actually find mites on your plants you'll want to spray them or dip them.
5ml Azamax or Azatrol
1 Gallon water
20ml 90% Isopropyl alcohol (couple capfuls)
2-3 drops of plain detergent

Get every part of the plants and wash your room walls and floors down.

In flower? If you have too many plants to manually squish mites on until harvest... cut it and start over. Don't ever bomb, spray, re-soil drench or add to the res.... ANYTHING in flower. If I make concentrates out of your meds when you did that, I'm gonna be upset and possibly ill for a while. Thanks :)

Hope this helps! :D

p.s. So... no, I've not had problems using azamax, azatrol to wipe out 'Resistant' mite strains. :D

E

ENugs

I could be wrong, but I dont think Azamax is systemic. Foliar spray or root drench only. It definitely works though, but it depends on the resistance of the mites you have. I've had great results with it and no results with it.

Here's the mixing table. Looks like 2-3 tbl spoons per gallon for medium strength.

Azamax Mixing

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Anybody ever used "Liquid LadyBug"? Saw an ad for it recently out on another MMJ site. I have been looking for a second mitacide to rotate in use with Azamax. I use Azamax and then I use a Dr. Doom bomb in the veg tent or the bloom tent after every grow cycle before bring in new plants. Do the same in my walk-in-closet clone room. Never had any serious problems with mites so far. Want to keep it that way. So any suggestions on another product to rotate in use would be appreciated.

E

ENugs

Anybody ever used "Liquid LadyBug"? Saw an ad for it recently out on another MMJ site. I have been looking for a second mitacide to rotate in use with Azamax. I use Azamax and then I use a Dr. Doom bomb in the veg tent or the bloom tent after every grow cycle before bring in new plants. Do the same in my walk-in-closet clone room. Never had any serious problems with mites so far. Want to keep it that way. So any suggestions on another product to rotate in use would be appreciated.

Liquid Lady Bug sucks. Mites go swimming in that stuff.

Azamax is neem based and Dr. Doom bombs are Pyrethrum based. If you want to add even more then that, then shoot for something organic.. like SNS17.

H

Hydro-Soil

ENugs said:
Here's the mixing table. Looks like 2-3 tbl spoons per gallon for medium strength.
Don't use more than 1ml per gallon in a soil drench.... unless you like branches snapping off when you breathe on your plants. Seriously... cannabis does NOT like this stuff in high concentrations and mites do NOT like this stuff in low concentrations (when it's in the plant)

It works systemically... side effect of using it as a soil drench. Used with a penetrator in a foliar spray it is also systemic....

It effectively turns each plant into a bug control device... they bite it and are unable to eat and reproduce, thus not adding to the population control problem.

Believe me... I've picked them up from resistance central and gotten rid of them every time. Only reason I picked them up was lazy growing on my part.

Keep a routine of prevention going.... you'll save yourself typing horror stories into forums. :D

Stay Safe! :D

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Don't use more than 1ml per gallon in a soil drench.... unless you like branches snapping off when you breathe on your plants. Seriously... cannabis does NOT like this stuff in high concentrations and mites do NOT like this stuff in low concentrations (when it's in the plant)

It works systemically... side effect of using it as a soil drench. Used with a penetrator in a foliar spray it is also systemic....

It effectively turns each plant into a bug control device... they bite it and are unable to eat and reproduce, thus not adding to the population control problem.

Believe me... I've picked them up from resistance central and gotten rid of them every time. Only reason I picked them up was lazy growing on my part.

Keep a routine of prevention going.... you'll save yourself typing horror stories into forums. :D

Stay Safe! :D
Thanks Enuggs, I followed your instructions/suggestions and I have not had a problem since I asked about miticides and mite prevention. My grow rooms have been completely pest free for months now with routine and rote driven prevention/eliminationb strategies you suggested.
Ciao and best regards from the Bluzboy

K

kushtrees

If you are unfamiliar with how to properly apply pesticides I would stay away from the heavy products like Abemectin. Avid might not kill you tomorrow, but it can cause you a lot of serious health problems down the road. Full respirators with a vapor filter should be worn during application as well as goggles, a hat, long sleeves, gloves, shoes, and long pants. Once you are done applying the product CHANGE CLOTHES.

this should very possibly be stickied. I have a couple friends who spray azamax and pyrethrins wthout any mask or goggles and I try and have them wear at least this equipment. I am about to use avid and bought coveralls (with head cover), a respirator mask with a top of the line filters, goggles, and chemical resistant gloves. on top of that I have a old pair of jeans and sweatshirt that are designated only for pesticides. I have to thank my girl friend for forcing me to spend the 150$ on everything its probably one of the mist important things you can have if your using pesticides, better than even glasses for grow lights. Not enough growers know the importance of safety equip, or if they do they choose to ignore it which is a real issue

TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

I used azatrol the second week into flower to address my root aphids. Introduced by clones that I, at the time, didn't know to quarantine and dip. Guess who has two thumbs and won't do that again! Anywho, I'm in my 5th week of flower and am managing to keep the little pukes suppressed mostly. I do not like the smell of the damage they cause. As far as I know, some hydrogen peroxide coco drenches help with this. Any other suggestions? Btw, I do flush two weeks before harvest, water and some sugars from nectar of the gods nutes.

E

edaisson

If in veg, I suggest Avid. Once and done.
Hey Sea, I got big problems with root aphids/fungus gnats. Just lost a whole grow to them. I cleaned up the room. Been spraying Neem Oil, MightyWash, SNS217. Those got rid of SPIDER MITES, but these aphids are not affected at all. Just a min ago I saw them crawling on the roots in some new plants i got a week ago. Some leaves look chopped off or burnt.

My question... Will AVID terminate them for good? I'm in a desperate situation and need to take back control.

Top Bottom