Azos to treat too much N?

• Thread starter el_tenador
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

el_tenador

Greetings farm. I am working with Sub supersoil currently and I'm having issues with the level of N in the mix. Some of my little ones are have minor tip burn, while 2 in particular have considerable curling(upside-down taco). I was thinking of solutions that didn't require me to do a transplant when a friend suggested azos as a possible aid. His reasoning was pretty complex, but the jist I got was the azos is a microbe product the converts unavailable forms of N to usable? Any thoughts on the this? How about House and Garden's Drip Clean? ReGenaroot? Any and all input greatly appreciated.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
if you have too much N,I'm not sure if adding a microbe that further beaks down the N into more available N is a good idea.? That didnt make much sense did it........I wouldnt make N more available if you have too much in there already.

E

el_tenador

Made perfect sense HumbDr, thanks for taking the time. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am thinking that if I can somehow improve the rate of growth in my root zone than over time they might adjust? Maybe give cap's bennies a try? Any opinions on using Drip Clean?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Drip clean is great stuff u need 2 use it early then with every watering.. Maybe give them plants a super flush till the runoff ppm r nice & low.. That's where I would start at..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hmmm I'll be running super soil too. I do like the microbe idea. A good tea flushing will dilute things and assist with nutrient uptake. But I could be cOmpletely wrong!

outwest

E

el_tenador

This is gonna be a task, they're in 7s. Can feel the back pain already. Thx MG.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
I could be completely wrong, but this is my assessment. I wouldnt want to put anything in the soil that is gonna accelerate the 'breaking-down' process. Any more 'breaking down' may make more nutes available. And that wouldnt be where I would want to go. I feel like plain water will do your plants the best. It could flush out excess nutes while not really 'breaking down' any more nutes.

I would flush thoroughly, and keep givin plain water until the claw unclinched his fist a little. Then maybe a tea or microbe innoculation.

I usually use teas and microbes as a fix-all. But in my experience, when my plants seem a little over fed(due to hot soil) teas and microbes havent been the best couse of action.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

This is gonna be a task, they're in 7s. Can feel the back pain already. Thx MG.

I feel u on that doggie. I've tryed 2 flush a 5 gal & damn it sure was back breaking work.. The best bet would b if u can take 2 plants 2 ur bathtub & flush flush flush that's how I do it.. It takes a long time but ur plants will thank u 4 it..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hey el tenador - how much super soil did you put in your 7 gallon pots? I filled mine about a third, or the first 4 inches of the pot, which worked out to about 2.5 gallons of soil.

outwest

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Be careful w/using Azos! It will only make your problem worst is the last thing you want to do,it can work to well when being used during flowering! Flush,flush and flush is all you can do now!

E

el_tenador

Hey el tenador - how much super soil did you put in your 7 gallon pots? I filled mine about a third, or the first 4 inches of the pot, which worked out to about 2.5 gallons of soil.

outwest
I kinda overdid it bro, I went for 50%. my logic was that infusing with a solution of bennies and sea green would lead to increased nutrient uptake and an abundance of lovely organic flowers. My mistake, gonna start flushing today. I did a runoff test with RO and it came out 5k, whoa. Probably gonna shoot for half of that and hope that alleviates the stress.

Thanks for the input Smokey.

Top Bottom