babysitting NEW MPB... just added cubes, algae in check, now for the Real problem!!

• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

I grow soil! I have run ebb and flow tables and a couple stadiums for people, sometimes through to harvest. I have never run into this many problems at once, and with this systm being new it wasnt dialed before an emergency put me, lil ole TreFarmer in charge! Ah shit, grab a mop, i got some issues need cleaned up!!
Cubes went in a few days ago things looked great with a bit of def on leaves. All woulda been good but algae blocked water from penetrating now plants are definitely having issues! Heres a pic...
IMG_20110821_182810.jpg
IMG_20110821_182742.jpg

And is this algae bloom gonna create issues later too? Its a thick dark brown sludge. I have scraped it three times and covered with panda film and it gets less and less.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use media, never done hydro, but that looks like it could be a combination of issues. Mostly Ca-related. Interveinal leaf necrosis that leads out to the margins is usually associated with Ca problems. If it's interveinal chlorosis with the leaf tips becoming necrotic, it could be a potassium problem.

Calcium and potassium don't typically lead to algal blooms, but excess phosphorous definitely does. This is aquarium-Sea speaking.

And, if nothing else, this serves as a bump for you.

T

TreFarmer

Thanks SeaMaiden! Things looked good til we went into the rezs, top feed slowly quit working, algae started, AC is on the fritz! Reminds me why I have done soil since '91 and been quite content. Besides I like the flavor of soil grown better in most cases. But, I have an obligation to learn and run this system, which has more kinks than an old hose:)
thanks again ill address Cal def, as it has got to be lack of, with top feed not working up to par!

T

TreFarmer

Foliars, and changed water and scrubbed mains out. Reduced lumens, and now we are seeing good growth, no sludge but now my AC is freezing up leaving the load on 1! Had him out, had to wait til it thawed out, so he came back out, (25$ trip +hourly) charged refrig and charged a grip, then said call me if it freezes up again you might have a leak... This AC guy is gonna have a good Christmas.... in Tahiti;(

Top Bottom