Back from Medical Leave!

• Thread starter M.S.T.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M.S.T.

M.S.T.

First want to say, love this place and all the great folks that help keep it together.
Finaly have some time to give to the farm. Some may remember me from 2010. Have a few journals and threads out there.
About a year and a half ago found out my 15+ years of diabetes was causing rapid kidney failure. Led me to bail out from much of life and take care of myself. Kept growing but grows lacked attention and time. Was able to get on donar list and on 12/29/11 got both a kidney and a pancreas transplant. No more diabetes and new kidney working fine.
Must say growing didhelp me to move along although hectic at times. Without medicinal marijuana I would not have made it through. Got permission to still use medicinal for many reasons by the real whitecoats at the hospital CPMC. Finaly, they are excepting the real values of it.
Have a new grow going and maybe will start a journal. 6'x4'x7', 1000W HPS air cooled, non sealed fresh air in. 12 plant, Chemdog 91', scrog, top feed DTW, 2 gal cloth pots, Sancuary Soil Big City Hydro Mix, H&G nutes at 50% of feed chart, cal/mg, fulvex. Temps D/75, N/68 Hum. D/50%,N/60%. Let me know if you have any feedback or questions, grow or medical. Been through alot this last year.
Day 4 flwr, Chemdog 91'

Back from medical leave
Reactions: mal
Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Hey MST , Welcome Back .

Glad to hear yer medical situation worked out well & yer back better than ever conciderin ya been to hell & back . I'm sure the plant therapy will keep ya plenty busy & be rewarding .

Be Well & the Best O'Luck ,,, :hi:

K

kolah

Congrats..and a huge plus for educating the MD's who can now understand the bennies of MMJ.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Thanks Alot! Glad to be back. Grew up in PA. Now in CA. Watched my fathers eyes pop out of his head when my Dr. told me in front of him to continue to use mmj for my ailments.

Reactions: mal
M

Marmaduke

hey dude, looks like your pretty on top of stuff. way to go!

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

hey dude, looks like your pretty on top of stuff. way to go!

Thanks Marmaduke, givin it my best. Now that I'm all set up, things should roll along. To watch more of this grow, check out my diary.

M

MysteryChic

You know so much! I'd love to learn wat your recipe means. Because I am new I do not know too much and when reading your ingredients its like reading Spanish or Portuguese. Lol I'm crazy about learning to grow right. And for medical reasons. My dad loves this site and he has made me aware of the tramendous need for oils.

P

prairiefire13

I'm thankful everything worked out for you. Your situation is nearly inconceivable to me. Looks like you bring a wealth of knowledge with you and will once again make a welcome addition. Good to have you!

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

You know so much! I'd love to learn wat your recipe means. Because I am new I do not know too much and when reading your ingredients its like reading Spanish or Portuguese. Lol I'm crazy about learning to grow right. And for medical reasons. My dad loves this site and he has made me aware of the tramendous need for oils.
Thanks, feel free to ask any questions in my other thread, I pay more attention to it, and stick around here to learn the knowledge is limitless. Lots of amazing growers!!
I'm thankful everything worked out for you. Your situation is nearly inconceivable to me. Looks like you bring a wealth of knowledge with you and will once again make a welcome addition. Good to have you!
Awesome support, actually going back to work next week. I hope my grow does not suffer too much. I should be able to stay on top of everything. Health,work,weed!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
M.S.T. While I'm happy that you received the needed transplants, I have some familiarity as to the existence of a transplantee. May your life always be worth living, may you NEVER experience rejection, and may you live long and prosper.

Does this mean you never need concern yourself with whether or not your body will produce insulin any more?

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

M.S.T. While I'm happy that you received the needed transplants, I have some familiarity as to the existence of a transplantee. May your life always be worth living, may you NEVER experience rejection, and may you live long and prosper.

Does this mean you never need concern yourself with whether or not your body will produce insulin any more?
Yes, no aftermarket insulin since transplant. New panc producing insulin well.I was type 1 for 18 years. And yes, the existence of a transplantee, still checking blood sugar,blood pressure, temp, and weight for a while as well as taking 15 meds twice a day spaced at 12 intervals and can't be late. Stay on top of everything to ensure longevity of new organs. But all worth a chance to still live and not be on dialysis. Thank the universe for the ups, and the strength to get through the downs.
Glad ur back & everything worked out 4 u

Thanks for all the support, really awesome. Today was my first day back to work.A little tired but to be expected. For the most, all good. Life feels kinda normal again.

P

plant-lover68

Welcome back and glad you got some help with your medical problems. That's why I am a donor, you never know who you can help in the event of an accident. Someone's family made the decision to donate their loved one's organs and you are on the way to hopefully a great recovery. Praying for you and the donor's family also. Keep on growing and educating those doctors. The doctors in my state would never treat someone who uses Cannabis as medicine and that's so sad and backward in the 21st century.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Welcome back and glad you got some help with your medical problems. That's why I am a donor, you never know who you can help in the event of an accident. Someone's family made the decision to donate their loved one's organs and you are on the way to hopefully a great recovery. Praying for you and the donor's family also. Keep on growing and educating those doctors. The doctors in my state would never treat someone who uses Cannabis as medicine and that's so sad and backward in the 21st century.
I agree. I am considering writing a letter to the donars family. That is the only option I have to contact them. They would not release details but gave me an address where they will forward a letter to them and it is up to them to respond.
I have been back to work for about 10 days now, 3 months since operation, so far so good. I have been puffing hard since 13 and had to go through extensive tests to qualify to be a recipient. I answered that I did not use tobacco,but used mmj. No prolem,they wanted a photocopy of my script, and recomended vaporizing. Many lung x-rays, heart scans, and breathing tests were done. Not one eyebrow was ever raised.
Thanks for the support, and spread the word. My procedure was done at California Pacific Medical Center, a division of Sutter Health. Very progressive(for white coats).

sky high

sky high

What a muthafucka of a ride MST! Dddddaaammmmnnnnn.

I wish you extended health and happiness!

s h

Latest posts

Top Bottom