Back in the Game! 14x14x10...Whats the Best Set Up?

• Thread starter G Star
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G Star

G Star

Hey Farmers!

After a few month hiatus I'm setting up a new op...so stoked! :)

I'll be setting up the veg space this week but I want YOUR opinions on how to best utilize the space

A little background on me...
Been growing since 2009. Started out with a 4k, parabolic hoods in dirt...lost my fair share of crops to PM and Mites, learned my lessons. earned my stripes...found a lot of success with coco in 3 gallon pots, 4x8 flood and drain tables with rockwool hugos.

I quit the partnership I was in and walked away from an 8k...now i'm starting back up on my own.

Most recently I set a friend up with a Titan Controls Flo n Gro and I gotta say I'm leaning towards a bucket system for this next room.

Thanks farmers! Cant wait to get this one planned and sorted :cool:

Bloom Room 1:
14x14x10
Needs AC
Has Attached Bathroom for Drainage and/or Filters

Last edited:
MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

what strains you plan on growin?i wish ya the best of luck on your new adventure :cigar: im sub'd

G Star

G Star

Thanks for the well wishes...it's a always a battle to get it dialed in!

For this op I will be sticking with Skywalker OG, Its s a lanky, low yielding plant...but it's my favorite smoke and it's pretty much the only thing I can actually move to patients around here.

In the past its worked pretty well for me in cubes on 4x8 trays under 2k per tray, spaced very closely, like 6 plants per light. Only yielded like .75/light, as opposed to other strains where i can get 1.2-1.5/light. I'm hoping buckets on the floor will help me take it to the next level.

I've had experience with Blue Dream, SFV OG, Sour Diesel, Sour OG and DieselxOG cut from some friends and, yes, Girl Scout Cookie, but i'm sticking with the Skywalker aka PK for now

I'd like to keep this room perpetual too for anybody else who's brewing up some ideas.

Thanks!

G Star

G Star

I have no experience growing vertical, seen some youtube videos and a thread here and there...not sure how to even start.

Any good thread you can point me to that can explain it? Whats the main benefit of going vert?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I have no experience growing vertical, seen some youtube videos and a thread here and there...not sure how to even start.

Any good thread you can point me to that can explain it? Whats the main benefit of going vert?

Gimme a minute ill paste some link's. I can tell you that vert is very effective and efficient. If @justanotherbozo can chime in he'd be a Great asset for your vertical adventure.
TMB

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...thanks for the vote of confidence TMB and i agree that vert is the way to go whether you have a small space or a nice big one like this.

...anyway G Star, there are a few ways to set up a nice vertical but it depends on what direction you want to go in and how complex you want to make it, me i'm a lazy old phuck so i do things as simply and as failsafe as i can, i want this to be fun, not drudgery.

anyway, here's a couple pics of some vert setups with the first few being my own set up, or one of them, i have 2x 4 x 4 spaces running on a flipbox in a spare bedroom, both run with single 600's.

DSCN0404

DSCN0405

DSCN0408

...now here are an assortment of different approach's to vert growing and the first is a diagram that simplisticly describes the benefits of vert growing.

User45118 pic490852 1285017421

User45118 pic490850 1285017421

10510 006

User15177 pic595852 1296969149

User45118 pic572013 1294188199

User48442 pic545624 1291008625

User80178 pic254076 1261910561

User114890 pic540323 1290395510

...as you can see, there are many ways to skin this cat, lol, but the main advantage to vert growing over conventional, horizontal growing is the increased canopy size which, perforce, leads to increased yields.

...btw, i run 8x 6liter coco hempy buckets around each single 600 and i routinely pull 12 - 15 zipz per cycle per space with very little effort from me and absolutely no drama, my shit is stress free. ...except for the occasional bouts of paranoia and fear of LEO of course, lol, that is still quite stressful.

peace, bozo

Tnelz

Tnelz

...thanks for the vote of confidence TMB and i agree that vert is the way to go whether you have a small space or a nice big one like this.

...anyway G Star, there are a few ways to set up a nice vertical but it depends on what direction you want to go in and how complex you want to make it, me i'm a lazy old phuck so i do things as simply and as failsafe as i can, i want this to be fun, not drudgery.

anyway, here's a couple pics of some vert setups with the first few being my own set up, or one of them, i have 2x 4 x 4 spaces running on a flipbox in a spare bedroom, both run with single 600's.

View attachment 396780
View attachment 396781
View attachment 396782

...now here are an assortment of different approach's to vert growing and the first is a diagram that simplisticly describes the benefits of vert growing.

View attachment 396783
View attachment 396784
View attachment 396785
View attachment 396786
View attachment 396787
View attachment 396788
View attachment 396789
View attachment 396790

...as you can see, there are many ways to skin this cat, lol, but the main advantage to vert growing over conventional, horizontal growing is the increased canopy size which, perforce, leads to increased yields.

...btw, i run 8x 6liter coco hempy buckets around each single 600 and i routinely pull 12 - 15 zipz per cycle per space with very little effort from me and absolutely no drama, my shit is stress free. ...except for the occasional bouts of paranoia and fear of LEO of course, lol, that is still quite stressful.

peace, bozo
Great post bro. Much respect.

Tmb

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Wow, this is a cool concept. Since I'm trying to make the room perpetual, could I actually 2 circular systems in the room? I was hoping to run at least 6k, maybe even 9 if I can sacrifice some walk/workspace
keep in mind you'll need a veg space as well and you'll need to do your cloning in that space as well as vegging your mothers and the plants being readied for the next cycle.

so in a 14 x 14 room there should be room for 3x 4 x 4's, one for the veg op and 2 for budding and if you have the power capacity i'd suggest running stacked 600's so 1200watts per budding tent and with the veg side of things you could get away with nothing but flouro's, i myself veg under nothing but a pair of 2bulb, 4ft T12 shop lights and i get more than enough growth to support both my flowering tents.

a big part of this equation is what your ultimate goals are, if 12 to 15 zipz per month is good enough to pay your bills then you'd only need 600watts per flower tent, with 1200 you'd probably double that but you'd need a lot more AC in that room and you'd need more robust fannage as well, 1200watts gets HOT! ...there would also be a lot more labor maintaining your op.

...no matter which way you go there will be trade offs.

DSCI0478

DSCI0479

...this was in the dead of winter and the CFL light bar was in place to generate heat and not for any supplemental light.

peace, bozo

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Wow, this is a cool concept. Since I'm trying to make the room perpetual, could I actually run 2 independent circular systems in the room? I was hoping to run at least 6k, maybe even 9 if I can sacrifice some walk/workspace

The Possibilities are Endless with space bro. Click my sig, check my low budget quest for personal dank. Solo 6hundy and a filter and some chicken wire. Proper long flush, and the wife's hush lol. Just know having correct equipment and space and knowledge. You can smash proper with VERT. Just my tasteful thoughts. The farm has the knowledge just seek it bro, and keep us posted.
TMB
Respect

G Star

G Star

Anybody still using the ebb and gro bucket systems? I was thinking of using 2 systems, 3 lights per system with a mixture of hps and LEDs,

Hps-led-hps

Thoughts?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Anybody still using the ebb and gro bucket systems? I was thinking of using 2 systems, 3 lights per system with a mixture of hps and LEDs,

Hps-led-hps

Thoughts?

Never used that system. Seen a few grows that rocked withem though. Now for that mix, im thinking of running hps-led as well. Two vert in the middle and leds at the ends. So love your train of thought. Maybe somebody will chime in with more knowledge of those buckets.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

if you're able to use that whole space then the possibilities really are many, ...here's another option and while these aren't all that tall a tree grow would be set up something like this with the plants set up between the bulbs and arranged so each plant gets hit with light from 3 sides.

User48442 pic674529 1305693800

...do a google for 'Heath Robinson' and take a look through one of his 'tree' grows and you'll see some impressive shit, people been emulating his work for decades.

peace, bozo

G Star

G Star

Dang Bozo! I'll get on that research TODAY!

I'd love to do another coco run and try vert lighting but I need something a bit more automated...never been able to get drip working without a LOT of planning and babysitting throughout.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Dang Bozo! I'll get on that research TODAY!

I'd love to do another coco run and try vert lighting but I need something a bit more automated...never been able to get drip working without a LOT of planning and babysitting throughout.

Scroll up i posted heaths grows up in my last post!
Tmb
Respect

Top Bottom