Back to water tanks.....coming from Dosatrons....

• Thread starter hydrodreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hydrodreams

I will start soon with my first run in my new grow room. Most of it is ready, except my feeding concept. In my last room I had the priviledge to use Dosatrons inline, so without anything like a watertank or reservoir. To me, Dosatrons are one of the most impressive Products in the world of growing. They can make someones life so much easier and at the same time you get a much reduced risk of catching an unwanted pathogen like we do in a watertank. Therefore I really regret that I cannot use the Dosatron at my new room. That means that I will be back at water-/nutrientreservoirs, where I have been for many years. I have quit a few bad memories about this time, when the reservoirs often became a mess. I cant tell if it were biofilms, residues from the fertilizer or wathever...(sometimes I had the impression, that since the waterheater is very hot right next to its surface, that this heat somehow seperates some part of the fertilizer which than ends up everywhere in the tank, also on the walls on the sides as observed when sliding with the tip of the finger as a slimy substance) I only know that I never became a friend with it as I did with the Dosatrons. My new tank will be a 1000L IBC tank.

I want to add that I want to use beneficial bacteria in my substrate, so any additives for the nutrient solution that kills the beneficial bacteria is not an option. The beneficial bacteria will be added via a seperate water tank in order not to mess up the main tank.

I am planning to use a smaller pump to keep the water moving... Is this really as important as many say? Do you run it constantly? How often a day do you run it?

I would be very thankful for any other tips about how to maintain a tank of that size with the aim of not having any slime or any other residue in it and on the surface of the walls of the tank and the surface of the pump, noticeable when the waterlevel is lower....

A happy and succesful 2022 growing year to everyone

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I will start soon with my first run in my new grow room. Most of it is ready, except my feeding concept. In my last room I had the priviledge to use Dosatrons inline, so without anything like a watertank or reservoir. To me, Dosatrons are one of the most impressive Products in the world of growing. They can make someones life so much easier and at the same time you get a much reduced risk of catching an unwanted pathogen like we do in a watertank. Therefore I really regret that I cannot use the Dosatron at my new room. That means that I will be back at water-/nutrientreservoirs, where I have been for many years. I have quit a few bad memories about this time, when the reservoirs often became a mess. I cant tell if it were biofilms, residues from the fertilizer or wathever...(sometimes I had the impression, that since the waterheater is very hot right next to its surface, that this heat somehow seperates some part of the fertilizer which than ends up everywhere in the tank, also on the walls on the sides as observed when sliding with the tip of the finger as a slimy substance) I only know that I never became a friend with it as I did with the Dosatrons. My new tank will be a 1000L IBC tank.

I want to add that I want to use beneficial bacteria in my substrate, so any additives for the nutrient solution that kills the beneficial bacteria is not an option. The beneficial bacteria will be added via a seperate water tank in order not to mess up the main tank.

I am planning to use a smaller pump to keep the water moving... Is this really as important as many say? Do you run it constantly? How often a day do you run it?

I would be very thankful for any other tips about how to maintain a tank of that size with the aim of not having any slime or any other residue in it and on the surface of the walls of the tank and the surface of the pump, noticeable when the waterlevel is lower....

A happy and succesful 2022 growing year to everyone
I’m not sure about your question but I’m curious so I’ll give it a bump.

H

hydrodreams

Ok...maybe I was not clear enough.

Basically I was just interested in experienced growers regimen to maintain a healthy condition in the water-/nutrition-tank. I have always been anoyed by biofilms or similar residues in my tank, mostly on the surface of the walls of the tank where the waterlevel had dropped.

Do I care about things that I shouldnt?

And how important do you experienced growers with bigger water tanks consider using circulation pumps to avoid stagnant solution?

I hope that was more clear than my initial post.

Almostthere

Almostthere

Make it light proof. Also keep temps below 70. I have a 100g res and i circulate water for 2 minutes every couple hours.

Top Bottom